[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the option to be cryogenically frozen for the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1339849567539.jpg (302 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1339849567539.jpg
302 KB, 1280x960
If you had the option to be cryogenically frozen for the next 500 years would you do it?
>>
>>29405753
*sigh*...sure, whatever
>>
>>29405753
You'll never wake up technically.
>>
me on the right

yes
>>
Only with the gaurantee that I'd wake up, or that I'd be legally dead before I was frozen, only to wake up when they could cure my age and or diseases.
>>
>>29405780
explaain?
>>
>>29405796
When your body froze, your heart stop beating, after a certain amount of time your heart stop beating, your muscle start dying out and release a certain toxin that induce corpse decomposition. Even though your body is intact on the surface, It would have started to rot on the inside. making your heart ineffective and you would have stayed dead from the frost.
>>
>>29405796
Probably because of old age.

But let's say hypothetically you never age.
>>
>>29405873
Stop being realistic in a fake scenario. It makes you seem autistic.
>>
>>29405873
You have no idea how freezing is supposed to work. It slows your body functions down to the point where nothing is happening, including decomposition. The problems with freezing are that ice would destroy body cells under normal circumstances, so the freezers replace body fluids with another fluid that won't expand when frozen. The problems with cryonic freezing at this point is that it is impossible to wake people up especially with this other liquid in their bodies instead of water, and that it is illegal to freeze a living person, So the frozen bodies have to wait for a future that figures out how to unfreeze them and restore their fluids, and bring them back from a death, and cure them of any causes of their death. That future might not come even if it does, it will likely be that the first ones in are the last ones out. Still, it's a more hopeful situation than burying your body in the ground and letting worms eat it and hoping to be revived somehow from that state.
>>
>>29405753
If I could wake up 500 years later than absolutely.
20 years ago we didn't even have computers or NEETs or self-loathing.
Imagine all the crazy developments five centuries would bring for our people.
>>
Only if the person offering is from the future, and guarantees that the tech works, and that the future isn't shit. I suppose they could just lie, so maybe if there were some other way to verify.
>>
>>29405873
don't you remember the great news a few years back about that one lady who revived after being completely frozen? apparently she was in a hibernating state with an extremely slow heartbeat the entire time
>>
File: 13216519651.jpg (17 KB, 570x574) Image search: [Google]
13216519651.jpg
17 KB, 570x574
>Yfw 4chan still works 500 years from now
>Yfw you are the oldest oldfag
>>
>>29405753
hell yeah, you can easily get rich and anything would be possible. just write about it and get famous quick. could be adapted into a film or whatever the entertainment media is in 500 years
>>
>>29406476
>Shitposting with 500 year old memes

Glorious.
>>
>>29405753
Is that a trick question?
Yeah, man.
>>
>>29406636
That alone is worth it, hell yes op. I'm on my way.
>>
What if, as Varg would say, SHTF? What would I do then?
>>
>>29405753
I would like to see how far tech evolves in 500 years, but im sure I would wake up and everyone be brown
>>
If they woke me every 25 years and let me look at the state of the earth and gave me a choice to kill myself if I didn't like how things were turning out then yes.
>>
Technically, I'd be an alien to them (whoever who is unfreezing me or me when i wake up from auto unfreeze) or even the only human left after 500 years. Sure why not.
>>
People here are saying yes but I'm sure they aren't taking into account their dead parents, siblings, pets, relatives, friends, no money, no direction in what to do
>>
>>29405753
you have that option now. just go to the polar regions and wait.
>>
I'll be like a secret character in some science fiction RPG. Some adventurers will find my body in some abandoned facility, unfreeze me, and I'll join their party. With my ancient knowledge they'll solve some puzzles in some ruins and we'll kill giant aliens and stuff.
>>
I have serious doubts about whether human civilization will exist in 500 years so no.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.