[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it's not a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
what the hell is with people saying that computer science is dying. I know plenty of people who have majored in it (BS or MS) and are pretty well off.
>>
>>29405326
I think they just mean that it's not as good as it used to be. Before employers would do a lot to get a good developer because they were rate. Now there are a lot of cs students so they get to pick and choose more.
>>
>>29405326
I've never heard that but I'm a microbiology major and don't know that many cs majors. My dad was a software engineer since the 80s so I had a pretty cushy life growing up. I never gave a fuck about computer stuff outside of gaming though. My brother works in IT though.
>>
>>29405326
because employers can now hire poo in loos for less money than white people
>>
>>29405326
Engineering used to be the big thing anon. Everyone kept telling young kids to get into that shit because the world was going to need more and more of them forever, then it was sys admins. Offices needed to keep up with new technology, same with web design I guess before that bubble busted.
You don't get rich getting g into what people need now, you do so looking at what they will need tomorrow
>>
>>29405326
the tech labor training and hiring system is fucked up, it was bad before the housing crash but HR departments went to shit and interfere heavily with the hiring process so there are many people inside tech companies who think there is a grad shortage while many tech grads can't find work, plus everyone wants the tech visa permits because they then have control of the worker while they pay them 60% market.
the system will be better when they get cut off from the visas and are forced to purge their HR depts
>>
>say that computer science is dying
>use a computer to say it

wew
>>
>>29405326
H1B visa fuckery and things of that nature. Other than that, HR fuckery has made it seem like you need to be a wizard just to get a job in the field.
>>
The good jobs are not dying. The shitty jobs are being outsourced.

If you're good at CS you will have no problem getting a decent job. CS/IT has one of the highest projected growth rates out of anything.
>>
>>29405326
It's not dying. It's just oversaturated. Every faggot and his brother wants to get a degree in Computer science these days.

Not to mention the sheer amount of Indians and Asians in the world, who can learn Computer science just as easy as you can. But they're willing to work for less money. So they'll be hired, for less wages, and "diversity".
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.