[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your philosophy on life, bros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17
File: 1466146848112.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1466146848112.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
What is your philosophy on life, bros?
>>
>>29403831
Enjoy life until you die.
>>
>Life has no meaning until you give it one.
>Life is always better than death because you know how life works, but no one is 100% sure how death works
>Therefore, you should always be happy when you are alive because you are not dead and can use this not dead time to work towards your goal
>>
File: True Samurai.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
True Samurai.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>29403831

I follow the Bushido code. Fight honorably and fairly, never look back. If I would ever do so, I shall commit Seppuku.

JOSH.
>>
File: 1426708649747.jpg (295 KB, 600x625) Image search: [Google]
1426708649747.jpg
295 KB, 600x625
>>29403848
Basically this, there's no meaning or anything like and when you die thats it, live by yourself for yourself and never forget to take it easy whatever circumstance youre in.
>>
>>29403831
Never trust a fart.

Ravioli Ravioli give me the meaning of lifeioli
>>
that which continues to exist...continues to exist
survival of the fittest is a tautology
as such, it's true for more than just biology, but everything from atomic structure to culture
the goal of all our genes and our memes (in the original sense, the cultural equivalent or genes) is to continue to survive

what would it mean for them to survive? the physical matter that makes up these things change all the time
as can location, name or almost anything else
what remains is the order. for any thing, that thing is a particular pattern or order and it "wants" to maintain and spread that pattern.

so what that means for humans is that we want to maintain the order which we are composed of, or something close to it, and all of our actions are directed towards this.
not only on a biological level, but also one of ideas.
humans are fundamentally very similar kinds of order, and indeed all life on earth has similar genetic and chemical make up, so it is in our own interest to act for the greater good.
so much in fact that the greater good for the survival of order and creation of new order, especially in the form of memes, takes a huge precedence over immediate genetic self-preservation.

tl;dr: make memes that help life prosper
>>
Suffer enough and a genie will grant me a wish.
>>
My philosophy is essentially a strand of absurdism. I've learned to submerge myself in uncertain existence and embrace meaninglessness.

In terms of morality, I tend to listen to my intuition. I'm a moral relativist.
>>
>>29403955
Ordnung.
>>
>>29403988
>I'm a moral relativist
So you're a moron?
>>
>>29404021
Take a step back, stop appealing to your emotions. There's no evidence for moral realism.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
do things for yourself. That's all I got
>>
>>29403831
Be Yourself.

This means "find what makes you feel the most like you, and do that thing as well as you can."
>>
Always have a suicide method within arm's reach.
>>
>>29404045
I'm not going to train myself for the gold medal at the Olympic mental gymnastics event with that one. Certain groups of people have objectively bad systems and ideas.
>>
>>29404091
Okay. Can you prove it?
>>
escape and hide
>>
>>29404091

Define objectively bad.
>>
>>29403831
I'm way too stupid to have one
>>
>>29404091
give me one example of an "objectively bad" moral idea
>>
>>29404108
Ban music.
>>
>>29403831
Life is meant to be brutally unfair, but I deserve whatever I want and work hard enough for.
I'm the most important person in the world, but I must Do unto others.

Really what I think is that life is full of absurd contradictions, and rather being shocked, I should expect to find inconsolable paradoxes everywhere, and be pleased when I do.
>>
>>29404045
"morality" is a matter of what a rational agent ought to do. you might say that no person objectively ought to do a thing but this is false. per example:

>person a has only the goal x
>goal x can only be achieved by action y
>person a ought, objectively, to do action y
>>
File: home movies life sucks.gif (861 KB, 470x338) Image search: [Google]
home movies life sucks.gif
861 KB, 470x338
>>29403831
Is this comment original enough for you?
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Human existence is simply a purposeless cycle in which there is no sort of goal, no sort of finality. Ultimately, the only "resultant" brought about by it is the continuation of human existence. In the absence of finality, purpose cannot exist. It simply continues over and over. All of existence can be summarized as an endless series of various, pointless cycles all amalgamated into one container. And knowing this, I view existence as nothing but a blemish. An insult to the pure, sterility of non-existence.
>>
>>29404131

How and why is that objectively bad?
>>
>>29404137

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is%E2%80%93ought_problem

go to bed Sam
>>
Whatever happens, happens. Hakuna matata, so to speak. I don't know exactly what steps to take to get what I want, so I'll just let things happen for a while. I know I am small for this.

Though I sometimes try to appeal to a sense of justice, I'm beginning to feel that that is faggy, so may as well just do whatever I feel like at any given time. And that's my morality, I suppose.
>>
Dont use other peoples stuff without their permission

>non-aggression principle
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 1098x913) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 1098x913
Never be caught tripping cause life is too short mane
>>
>>29404162
Reported to Interpol, the FBI, and Homeland Security.
>>
>>29404137

But person A not accomplishing that goal isn't objectively bad. It would be bad for person A, but that would make it subjectively bad because it would only be negative through that persons perspective.
>>
>>29403831
get even with normies
>>
>>29404216

Is this a new meme or am I being trolled
>>
>>29404091
Are you retarded? What is the basis for this objective morality you speak of? How can you prove it?
>>
>>29404164
literally just go straight to the responses section
the is-ought problem is just made up. it goes like this.

>you can't derive an ought from an is!
>why not?
>...
>watch me do it.

then see
>>29404137

goals are
"oughts" concern the best way to achieve a goal. that's what the word means. it necessarily is derived from a series of ISes

this IS your goal and this IS the way to achieve it so you OUGHT to do this
>>
>>29404247
But their goal is neither objectively correct nor objectively incorrect. What the fuck are you trying to prove here?
>>
Ham and eggs and buttered toast
>>
>>29404217
that would be like saying that i don't objectively have brown hair because not everyone has brown hair.
obviously actions are going to be moral for some and not for others, for instance clenching your hands. for a person holding a rope to pull somebody up it's objectively good, for a person choking somebody else it's objectively bad. still varies by person.
>>
>>29403831
I just generally care what the truth is more than memes or feels. No one can change the truth, no matter what bullshit normies come up with it only exists in their imagination.
>>
>>29404275
>goals
>correct
now that's not even sensible
statements are correct
goals aren't the type of thing that could be correct, in the same way an apple couldn't be correct.
goals just are

the best way to achieve the most important goals are what you ought to do
>>
>>29404292

Are you fucking with me? Having brown hair isn't subjective. If you have brown hair you have brown hair. It's not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of color and light which can objectively be observed.

I don't think you understand what objective means.
>>
>>29404339
try reading that agian in context
>But person A not accomplishing that goal isn't objectively bad. It would be bad for person A, but that would make it subjectively bad because it would only be negative through that persons perspective.
>that would be like saying that i don't objectively have brown hair because not everyone has brown hair.

I objectively have brown hair even though other people don't
Person A objectively has goal X, even if other people don't
It would be objectively bad for him to not accomplish this goal, even if it would not be for others
>>
>>29403831
no matter how shitty I'm feeling at any given time, I know that soon, I will be happy again. I just have to bide my time until the sun comes up
>>
>>29404329
My negro, what do you even mean? If the goal isn't objectively correct, how can you rationalize the claim that one has an objective obligation to achieve it?
>>
>>29404393

Seriously what in the fuck are you talking about?

Person A not hitting their goal is only bad for them. Therefor it is subjectively bad.

If someone has brown hair, they objectively have brown hair. You can't say they don't when they clearly do. Just like a horse is objectively a horse, you can't just point at a horse and say it's a bird because you're objectively wrong. Because it's a horse.
>>
i'm gonna die whenever, and nothing is gonna happen, so might as well do the best i can and get enough money to experience all it has to offer
>>
>>29404468
it means that correct is a property that can only apply to statements. a goal could not possibly be correct.

a statement, such as "2+2=4" is the type of thing that can be correct
a goal, such as "paint a fence" can't be correct
>>
File: 1454317700281-2.jpg (363 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454317700281-2.jpg
363 KB, 1600x1200
do not hesitate to move yourself to the heart of things
>>
>>29404242
uyes and yes
>>
I think that there is no significance to the idea that there is a world outside of my experiences. To me everything is self contained within the singular conscious self by definition. The notion of atoms and the laws of physics have significance only within the descriptions given by qualia. They are certainly the way that the technical progress of this world manifests itself in any case and I do not regard them as being secondary to any other internally consistent ideas. That is a mistake many make. You do not get to remark on the specifics of this world and have it be true in any sense, only the nature of the world itself.
>>
take it as it comes
have a general idea of what you want to do in the future but don't make set plans because they will change. go with the flow yo
>>
>>29404481
dude are you serious right now?
how is this hard to follow?

I objectively have the goal of explaining this to you
not everybody has that goal, kim jung un has different goals, but that doesn't mean that I don't still objectively have my goals

not everybody needs to have a goal in order for somebody to have the goal
>>
Life is, on the whole, without meaning.

We live, we laugh, we love, and we die. After the electricity in our brains fizzles our, whatever trace of consciousness we had fizzles out. There's not afterlife and we probably won't be coming back. Virtually all of us will have our names and memories forgotten within a few generations, even by our own families and descendants.

However, I do think that there's a necessary and inherent meaningfulness to our day-to-day lives. We get only one grand perspective, and that's the one which comes from our own eyes and minds. If we're not happy with the actions we take and the course we're leading, then we become unhappy and lose the semblance of purpose and contentment that keeps us sane.

On the whole, I think it's best to do good things, help other people, and play at least a minor role in improving our communities and world. If life and consciousness is finite, I believe that everyone who has the capability should try to improve the circumstances of other people, so that they too can enjoy their brief time on Earth.
>>
>>29404540

You can objectively have a goal yeah. But you completing that goal isn't objectively good because it would only be good for you or the people it involves.

For example. I can have the objective goal to shit out the McDonald's I ate earlier. Is me taking that shit objectively good? No.
>>
>>29404501
But this isn't 2+2 = 4. If a goal cannot be correct nor incorrect, then how can it be correct or incorrect to pursue the aformentioned goal?
>>
>>29404622

It can't. Because things aren't objectively good or bad. Good or bad differs wildly on the perspective of the person passing judgement.
>>
>>29403831
Leave nothing in excess, but do everything at the highest quality
>>
>>29404153
Jesus, this is exactly how I feel since taking LSD
>>
>>29403831
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
BENIS NIGGER KEK
NIGGER LELELELELELELELELELELOEL
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES NIGGER KIKE
>>
>>29404612
but "goodness" only exists relative to goals.

to break down why
>a thing is good if and only if we ought to do it
>we ought to do a thing if and only if it serves our goals
>therefore, a thing is good if and only if it serves our goals

the goal itself could only be good if it were a means to some other goal, and the ultimate goal at the end of the line could not be good. that doesn't change anything, the end goal could not be good and it doesn't have to, it's the thing which good things are compared to, not itself good.
>>
File: stirnor.jpg (286 KB, 750x733) Image search: [Google]
stirnor.jpg
286 KB, 750x733
>ctrl f egoism
>0 matches

?????LOL
>>
>>29404622
>>29404651
see
>>29404728

>>29404651
and yet people can argue on whether goals are good. this is because there is ultimately one common human goal, from which all our other goals stem
>>
>>29404728

You're still not understanding. Why is it objectively good that our goals get served?
>>
>>29404762
Are you retarded? You aren't explaining anything.
>>
>>29403831
I don't have to do anything I don't want to do, no matter what. Consequences be damned.
>>
>>29403831
Survive and win by any mean necessary.
>>
>>29403831
None. I'm deeply confused by life.
>>
>>29403831
GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NAO
>>
>>29404978

I'm still waiting for him to answer >>29404800
>>
Creating shit is important, but ultimately a fruitless endeavour; as the black pit of insignificance, swallows us all.
>>
>>29403831
In the end none of us matter.
Someday we all die. Someday the sun explodes and destroys every trace of the earth. Everything we've done will be gone, making us leave no impact on anything. Life can't even be given a point if you want. The only thing left to do is what you want. Fight for your dreams, say "fuck you" to anything in your way. You only get one shot. Why be a pussy and let it all slip away? Why kill yourself when you may as well try and fix something, at least TRY to make it good. Because in the end, nothing matters, but things can matter to you.
On a more personal scale(last one being what everyone should follow)
Vasectomy is the only way to go, kids are a bunch of money cunts, fuck single moms down on their luck only, require Doctor notes proving they don't have STD's(to me that's a fate more pathetic than suicide), don't lie, if you think someone is a retarded cunt that is also a nigger, even if they're not black at all, tell them to their face, and don't regret your mistakes, because it's not like that shit matters anyway.
>>
>>29405088
then why are you posting here lmao
>>
>>29404800
>>29404978
because that's what the word means

good is getting your goals served
it's the same thing
>>
I MEMED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER
>>
>>29403831

get money & fuck bitchesz lol
>>
>>29405307
>*flicks my lighter and waves that bitch*

Itsjusttoorighteous.png
>>
>>29405307
I put my diiiick in a jew
Pushed as faaar as it would go
And for all this
He charged me 10 jewgollllllds
>>
File: image.png (152 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152 KB, 750x1334
>>29405297

But it's not. Pic related.
>>
>>29403831
Be immoral openly and earnestly, band together with like-minded people, and hypocritically lash out at people who do immoral things in ways I consider unsporting.
>>
>>29405443
>using dictionaries for fine tuned definitions
most dictionaries list god as "deity"
dictionaries are there for when you have no idea what a thing is basically

if we can't agree that to say an action you ought to do is the same as a good action then it's an irresolvable semantic tension, but most would say that if you ought to do a thing, that means it's good.
>>
>>29405541

You STILL not understanding holy shit anon. Why should you OUGHT? To do something?
>>
>>29405589
ought indicates that an action is the most favorable for a person's goals
so if a thing is most favorable towards your goals, that's why you ought to do it.
>>
hedonism tbqh.
>>
>>29405669

So it's subjectively good. For you and only you. Thus subjectively good.
>>
>>29403831
Nothing matters, that's literally all
>>
change exists
>>
>>29405692
yes it is good for me and only for me but that doesn't mean it's subjective

I, and only I am at my computer screen, but that doesn't mean I am subjectively at my computer screen

do you see how those to are parallel? just because something only applies to me doesn't mean it's subjective
>>
>>29405277
I am mostly bored and I've yet to find something worthwhile on the internet at the moment.
>>
just keep on moving forward.
because there are no motherfucking brakes on this wild ride
>>
>>29403831
To keep it short:
"Don't care about anything and just fucking live, maybe life doesnt have any meaning but you shouldn't care about that"
>>
>>29405743

You are objectively at your so outer yes. But something that is good for you cannot be objectively good because it requires the judgement of an observer and perspective of someone similar to you.

You are objectively at your computer because regardless of whether there was an observer or what their perspective might be, you're still at your computer.
>>
>>29405819
>But something that is good for you cannot be objectively good because it requires the judgement of an observer and perspective of someone similar to you.
why would it?

>You are objectively at your computer because regardless of whether there was an observer or what their perspective might be, you're still at your computer.
similarly, if i had the goal of eating a peanut butter sandwich, it would be objectively good for me to leave the computer screen and go into the kitchen because regardless of whether there was an observer or what their perspective might be, my goal is still there and going to the kitchen still furthers my goal
>>
File: 1465158360308.jpg (1 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
1465158360308.jpg
1 MB, 5184x3456
>>29403831
>Fuck it, I've had a hard ass childhood I'm going to do my thing when I want to.
>Fuck the world, fuck people, fuck nature, fuck everything, none of this shit matters in the end anyway.
>I ain't gonna worry or stress about shit I can't control.
>I'm going to take my time, I don't give a fuck. >If someone has a problem with what I'm doing they can suck my dick.
>I ain't gonna be around people saying negative shit all the damn time trying to bring down everyone else.
>And one last time, fuck it
>>
>>29405903

>why would it?

Because that's literally the difference between subjective and objective. Something subjective requires judgement which varies due to circumstances. Something objective simply is.

Let's say a guy really hates you, and you get a massive raise. Subjectively, to you, it's good. Subjectively to the other guy, it's bad because he hates you. The only objective thing about you getting a raise is the fact that you got a raise.

>if I had the goal of eating a peanut butter sandwich

But that is a subjective goal. You objectively have the goal to eat the sand which, but whether it's good or bad that you fulfill that goal is subjective.
>>
>>29404174
Most people don't care about what's right or fair anyway. Being kind will make you a target
>>
File: 14442258982770.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
14442258982770.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>29404755
when will this meme end
oregano
>>
>>29404198
Go bleed else where
>>
>>29405988
>Because that's literally the difference between subjective and objective.
that sounds like a cyclical argument
you are saying that good is subjective because it requires judgement
but then saying that good requires judgement because it's subjective

>it's a subjective goal
i objectively have the goal
it's impossible for it to be good or bad to fulfill the goal because good and bad are relative to the goal
>>
File: 11WaystoBeMoreLikeaZenMonk.jpg (199 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
11WaystoBeMoreLikeaZenMonk.jpg
199 KB, 800x600
Too lazy to be ambitious,
I let the world take care of itself.
Ten days' worth of rice in my bag;
a bundle of twigs by the fireplace.
Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment?
Listening to the night rain on my roof,
I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out.
>>
>>29404304
In that instance, what can you be sure of other than being conscious?
>>
>>29404401
This is true

Hkvvg
>>
>>29404507
>the money issue
>>
>>29404755
patrician taste famalam
>>
>>29404533
>Dubs of truth
Ifjx
>>
File: 1456010221113.jpg (95 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1456010221113.jpg
95 KB, 724x720
The three M's: money, masturbation, and moe
>>
>>29403988
Cool with the absurdism, not necessarily with the rest.

I tend to follow my own compass but sometimes do things which will make a good story for later because it's brought me into situations I would have never been in if I said "no."
>>
>>29405208
As I grow older I gradually succumb to this mind set more and more
>>
>>29406119

Good is subjective because it requires judgement, which varies from person to person. I don't know how much clearer I can make that.

"That book is shit" is a subjective statement. "That book is 523 pages" is an objective statement. Something that is objective is a fact, it exists regardless of the perspective of the observer or if there's an observer at all.

I don't think you understand that your perspective isn't the only one that exists. Let's say you have the goal to rob someone, and you complete it. It's good for you because you get their belongings, and it's bad for the other person because they lost their shit. Thus whether you complete the goal of a robbery is subjective. But you objectively had the goal to do it.
>>
>>29406274

*whether it's good or bad that you complete the goal of a robbery is subjective
>>
Do what you want to do.
If you hate what you're doing, why are you doing it?
You're only wasting your time not doing what you want to do.
>>
>>29403831
I don't know anymore, but I at least think life is worth living.
>>
>>29406274
I fucking give up

I know what subjective and objective mean.

you are asserting that good is subjective because it needs judgement
and that good needs judgement because it's subjective
that's called a cyclical argument
>>
>>29406422

No, I'm saying something can't be objectively good because good and bad are relative.
>>
>>29406454
wow man
so deep
never thought of it that way

i'm not giving up hope that you were just a really devoted troll
>>
>>29403831
all things must pass

the truth must always be looked for even if it is bad

rationality and empiricism when mixed will result in the perfect method for finding truth

idealism can be achievable

just because you agree with someone doesn't mean they're right
>>
Keep few possessions, keep few friends, and don't take anything anyone says too seriously. Friends are mostly pointless because at some point, everyone is going to let you down and disappoint you. Try to be kind to everyone you meet, but never let anyone use you as a whipping post and be ready to defend yourself.
>>
Don't be mean to others. Others will be mean anyway.
>>
>>29403831
Fuck Tha World It Ain't Real I Bend Tha Spoon Wit My Mind
>>
>>29404728
>therefore, a thing is good if and only if it serves our goals
Yeah, and different people have different goals. Therefore, different people think different things are good. That's literally what moral subjectivism is.

I think you're misunderstanding the thing that is subjective in the term 'moral subjectivism'. Yeah, a person will think an action achieving their goal is good, that is an objective fact. What's subjective is the goodness of that action outside of the context of that person's goals. Take, for example, eating a burger. Someone who just wants to eat something tasty would say eating a burger is good. A vegetarian, on the other hand, would say eating a burger is bad. Therefore, the goodness of eating a burger is subjective.
>>
>>29404762
>there is ultimately one common human goal, from which all our other goals stem
Is that Jesus or Buddha? Or the one you pulled out of your ass?
>>
>>29403831
A wicked concoction of solipsism and nihilism
>>
>>29403831
Fuck everything.

pre-emptive blox
>>
Don't force it i think
>>
Do whatever you want. Or don't, it doesn't matter. What you want doesn't matter. We're all machines made out of meat, so go do whatever it is you were going to do anyway.
>>
"Becoming an ubermensch is hard, I'll just half-ass it like everything else."
>>
>>29408601

>Therefore, the goodness of eating a burger is subjective

Maybe to someone else, but not to you. And why the fuck do you care what someone else considers to be good?
>>
>>29403831
Except nothing good out of your life and life will always be good regardless of the situation.
You fuck up? Hey whatever that's normal for you
You make even the smallest success in anything and you I'll be proud and happy to no end.
>>
>>29409088
You'll*
not
you I'll
>>
>>29409025
Like I said, moral subjectivism/objectivism isn't about who thinks what is good or bad. It's about what is good or bad.

You're a moral subjectivist, bro. The fact that you don't particularly care what others' subjective morals are doesn't change that.
>>
>>29409377

>It's about what is good or bad

And this is determined how?
>>
The inferno of the living is not something that will be; if there is one, it is what is already here, the inferno where we live every day, that we form by being together. There are two ways to escape suffering it. The first is easy for many: accept the inferno and become such a part of it that you can no longer see it. The second is risky and demands constant vigilance and apprehension: seek and learn to recognize who and what, in the midst of inferno, are not inferno, then make them endure, give them space.
>>
>>29403831
Go with the flow. If the work can be done, it will be done. If it cannot, it won't.
>>
>>29404198
Just so you know, private property is inherently violent. You can pretend otherwise all you want, but that is the truth.
>>
>>29403831
Don't really know much about philosophy, but I do know that Albert Camus is fucking hot. And I'm a straight guy. So, absurdism I guess.
>>
>>29403831
i literally want to kill every single one of you
since i can't i'm going to spitefully live my life cursing you all
i will be a good old man if i live so long
>>
>>29409392
It doesn't matter. That's what you're not getting. It doesn't matter if you think peoples' goals determine it, you think the crackhead down the street determines it, or you think it can never be determined at all.

What matters is if you think something even can be objectively good or bad. If you think there is an objective morality, you're a moral objectivist. If you don't, you're a moral subjectivist.
>>
my life philosophy is that life is a never ending delusional nightmare where no truth can be found except for in the barrel of a gun

blowing your brains out ends the nightmare rather than wakes you up from it, because you were always asleep

since we are dream species jaden smith is our god and we are all interconnected through him, he is the only one true awake entity, his 3rd eye works as a uterus that gave birth to our existence and once our dreams and nightmares come to an end our ashes are carried by the wind back to where we belong, into the 3rd eye, then we are reincarnated over and over until we evolve into an awake species, all for the sake of jaden smith being lonely and wanting friends
>>
Live your life however the fuck you want to because when you die you get reincarnated into a new life with no recollection of your previous one anyways.
>>
Whoever has the best kdr wins life.
>>
Life exists to simply be, the good, the bad and everything in between.
>>
Without Faith, there's no hope. Without hope there's no faith.
>>
>>29403831

>keep yourself busy with meaningless shit and soon youll be dead.
>>
try to understand others
get a productive hobby
don't be a NEET
>>
>>29403955
>the goal of all our genes

>chemicals
>having a tellistic purpose
>just because
>Dawkins is Aristotle now

This is why positivists cannot construct coherent worldviews.
>>
>>29403831
Everyone's got their own little belief system that makes them feel life has a purpose, this is unavoidable, even for materialists or nihilists.

Everyone has a story in which they are the hero, even if they have low opinions of themselves.

"Purpose" is a thing we construct, but that doesn't make it pointless, it makes it or the more valuable. Because it took effort to find it. Well, nobody really "finds it" anyway, but then again nobody is really left without it either.
>>
>>29410067
not the same guy but

>>29403955
>that which continues to exist...continues to exist
>survival of the fittest is a tautology

tautologies are not telestic. next time read things in context.
>>
File: 1428966406902.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1428966406902.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>29403831
Act out of my own interest as much as possible, while doing it at the smallest expense of others as possible. In other words, doing as I want while taking/harming as little as I can.

It's pretty broad, and applies to many different things, but that's fundamentally what it comes down to.
>>
>>29410151
so whats your story anon?
>>
Don't be a lazy piece of shit and enjoy life while you can,it won't last forever.
>>
>Don't belive anything anyone says by deafult, but never show it ,always verify the info before you even consider it
>never speak of your opinions untill you have a somewhat clear picture on what kind of people you are about to speak to
>treat everyone equally no matter what
>set yourself up for betrayal, pretending you don't know what you're doing, see how many will go trough with it and make judgements from there
>>
>>29410310
Oh, my sense of purpose changes through time, which would explain why my "meta-" view on it is that it's something fluid and individual.

But basically I'm a romantic, fatalist and a dreamer (an fgt). I'm not doing it to be pretentious, it's among the most fucked up worldviews to have, unless you're just faking it for your Tumblr page.

I mostly have no clue what the fuck is going on, then I get into complex delusions about what the fuck is going on that have nothing to do with reality and then I get very angry at my disillusionment.

My "purpose" is usually either one of those delusions or just staying pissed at disillusionment. I'm sure this sounds very complex, but it's just simple and retarded.
>>
GO FAST.

DEJA VU..
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.