[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Lurking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: nightcrawling.jpg (23 KB, 159x240) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawling.jpg
23 KB, 159x240
Anyone else like to explore their neighborhood at night? Got any good groups/families you watch?

At night I like to go out and explore my neighbor hood and find nice places to sit and watch people or the night sky. Right now my favorite spot is the roof of a nearby apartment. I can sit on the roof and listen how people talk as they walk by. No one has ever noticed me and I've been at for almost a year. Only a couple close calls.

Also some people leave their lights on and blinds open. There is a group of asian/indian grad students (I think) that are my favorite to watch. They always hang out on Fri/Sat night. I feel like they're true good friends who support each other. They're also in the apartment complex where I chill on the roof. I found them because their window is right by the tree I climb to get on the roof. Watching them has become the highlight of my weekends.
>>
>>29403720
DC is pretty fun at night. Ive never been in danger, then I've never gone in the really bad ghetto at night (SE) and only to go to concerts in NE.

Meridian Hill Park is nice. They have the longest fountain in the US I think. It cascades down green terraced marble steps and is really pretty. And there's like a field up to surrounded by trees and paths. Its fun to trip in during the summer, but then the weather is just so comfy here at night in summer, I wish I had someone to share it with.
>>
>>29403720
Wait I don't do it to watch people, I do it cuz its calm and relaxing, and sometimes I go drink with friends. WTF is wrong with you. Should have read that more before replying.
>>
>>29403720
About five years ago I lived downtown in a major city in the US. I've always been a night person, so I would often find myself bored after my roommate, who was decidedly not a night person, went to sleep. To pass the time, I used to go for long walks and spend the time thinking.
I spent four years like that, walking alone at night, and never once had a reason to feel afraid. I always used to joke with my roommate that even the drug dealers in the city were polite. But all of that changed in just a few minutes of one evening.
It was a Wednesday, somewhere between one and two in the morning, and I was walking near a police patrolled park quite a ways from my apartment. It was a quiet night, even for a week night, with very little traffic and almost no one on foot. The park, as it was most nights, was completely empty.
I turned down a short side street in order to loop back to my apartment when I first noticed him. At the far end of the street, on my side, was the silhouette of a man, dancing. It was a strange dance, similar to a waltz, but he finished each "box" with an odd forward stride. I guess you could say he was dance-walking, headed straight for me.
Deciding he was probably drunk, I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by. The closer he got, the more I realized how gracefully he was moving. He was very tall and lanky, and wearing an old suit. He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth was formed in a painfully wide cartoon of a smile. Between the eyes and the smile, I decided to cross the street before he danced any closer.
I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street.

1/?
>>
>>29403720
I hear gunshots every night. So I would never go out after dusk.
>>
File: The_smiling_man.jpg (28 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
The_smiling_man.jpg
28 KB, 300x256
>>29403813
As I reached the other side, I glanced back... and then stopped dead in my tracks. He had stopped dancing and was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.
I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move.
Once I had put about half a block between us, I turned away from him for a moment to watch the sidewalk in front of me. The street and sidewalk ahead of me were completely empty. Still unnerved, I looked back to where he had been standing to find him gone. For the briefest of moments I felt relieved, until I noticed him. He had crossed the street, and was now slightly crouched down. I couldn't tell for sure due to the distance and the shadows, but I was certain he was facing me. I had looked away from him for no more than 10 seconds, so it was clear that he had moved fast.
I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.
I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.
And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.
>>
>>29403833

Nice, man...really good feels from that.
>>
>>29403783
I would never approach them or anything I'm not an idiot. Its not like I watch them all the time either. Its just nice to see them when I'm headed to my chill spot. Its like a small slice of some peoples lives I get for a brief moment. I can't describe it very well, but seeing them is like how I felt as a kid sort of. They're just happy and hanging out.

>>29403814
Oh wow, must be dangerous. I've never felt scared to go out at night.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 125x124
>>29403720
No

I live in the average white suburbs but there's always some person from another town coming over and fucking everything up. Knife point robbing, car vandalism, kidnapping, etc. when they get caught on the news it always says they're from another town.

Leave us alone
>>
>>29403720

yeah i've always wanted to do something Dexter'ish like that

unfortunately everyone's a fucking normie and asleep by 10 PM where i live
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 716x768
>>29403720
>Go for a walk on my birthday
>see neighbors down the street have two old bikes by their garbage cans on the street for free
>old but athletic bikes in nice shape
>feel comfy so I take one
>ride it around happily
>drunk driver hits me from behind

That ended real quickly
>>
>>29403913
nigger og
>>
>>29403981

more like east european og

nothing ever happens here
>>
>>29403946
What happened? Did you die? oregano
>>
>>29403833
Is there an end to this smiling story, friend?
>>
>>29403833
This is nightmare material
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.