[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do homeless people exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 71wCa0wuBAL._SL1250_.jpg (161 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
71wCa0wuBAL._SL1250_.jpg
161 KB, 1250x1250
Why do homeless people exist?
>>
Because homes exist
>>
File: cat enlightenment.gif (2 MB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
cat enlightenment.gif
2 MB, 300x262
>>29403516
TEACH US, LEARNED ONE
>>
>>29403482
dey took our jerbs
>>
because they refuse the help that is offered to them on a daily basis
>>
>>29403568
>help that is offered to them on a daily basis
Is it?
If I became homeless I'd kill myself the first night.
I could get help and stop being homeless?
>>
Why don't they just print more money?
>inb4 retards dont get it and throw an autism fit
>>
>>29403482

Because the human race is such that, as long as it continues to exist in its present form, there will always be a bottom five percent who just plain don't care, and are either not interested in helping themselves half the time, or have mental disorders which disrupt the potentially higher-functiong psychology that would enable them to do so. In addition to this, there is even such a thing as bad luck.

Related to these, the two root causes of poverty (closely related to homelessness, which is an extreme form of poverty) are low intelligence and perhaps more importantly, BAD BEHAVIOR. The homeless tend to be just the "right" combination of dumb, unlucky, and badly-behaved such that their own homelessness is occasioned. All of these reinforce each other, by the way.

Of course, modern higher-functioning society opposes the state of homelessness itself on general principles, and for various reasons. There are charities, Christian homeless shelters. Even Islam advises alms for the poor. But if you yourself (or the disease that afflicts you) are set in your mind (unconsiously or not) to fuck yourself over on a long term, then in any semblance of a free society, there is almost nothing can be done to stop you doing it. And then you become a burden of the above entities.
>>
>>29403594
there's "help" offered to them. If you go to the right places, there's food and shelter, but you have to wait in long lines. Where I live, they start lining up at 5 to get in the doors at 10. There's also job placement, but the jobs they can get you never pay enough to live inside of a building, so it doesn't really solve the homelessness thing. it's just supposed to be a push in the right direction, but it never works for any of them because they're all either insane or drug addicts who won't help themselves.
>>
>>29403594
Idk about anywhere else, but here in California land, u can get a free phone, free healthcare, free food stamps, and if u want, u can live in a homeless shelter, but honestly, the homeless shelter is shitty. I'd rather go get drunk at a park and sleep at a park than live in a homeless shelter.
>>
File: Rush_roll_the_bones.jpg (161 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Rush_roll_the_bones.jpg
161 KB, 300x300
>>29403482
Because they do, roll the bones
>>
>>29403482
because typically they're addicts, mentally ill or suffering from some sort of long-term trauma and refused to get treatment, and some of them were created with 0 Luck stats and so just ate shit for their entire lives no matter how hard they tried.

>>29403516
Also this. Taoist McGee here is not wrong.
>>
>>29403651
>>29403660
>>29403594
>>29403568

A lot of homeless more or less willingly fell out of society and don't trust their government, and are also totally fucking nuts.

This one homeless guy who was pushing a stolen dumpster around a bus station was SCREAMING at us that the mayor had a plan to rally up all the homeless people and send them to gas chambers. Just the opposite actually, the city was working harder than ever to help those people in multiple ways.
>>
Op here, btw, much respect to homeless bros. I can't handle that shit. it's too hardcore. i'm not cut out for that shit, i was raised christian and went to a private school for like 12 years. i just can't handle being a bum.
Being a homeless bum is definitely a lot harder than working 40 hours a week and having a home, imo. I've tried both
>>
People act like homeless people are bad. They are 100 times better than your average McDonald's worker.
>they have a "job" it's called 'asking for money all day'. You don't have to give it to them. But some people do to feel all good and kind or whatever. They inflate people's egos and make them feel better by comparison. That a psychological offering then give.
>McDonald workers are selling absolutely shitty and unhealthy food to poor people and their kids, kill thing their health, and give their enegy to supporting the McDonald's torture and death machine for cows and chickens. Don't you "aww poor Cecil the lion or that zoo monkey they killed"-me you hypocritical animals torture funders.
At least homeless people are not a worker bee of the illuminati pyramid foundation. Ideally, they'd be a successful entrepreneur, but at least they aren't cancer. And cancer sellers.
>>
>>29403736
Well, you'll always have your crazies, even in the working world
>>
>>29403651
>>29403660
Ohh OK. Thanks for the infos. Homelessness is something that stresses me out. They seem to give you quite a bit in some cases. What I'd want the most is my own room desu. Or my own closet even.
>>
>>29403639
chads and stacies make shitty decisions all the time and get away with it

tell me what makes you so much better than the average hobo?

a job? money?
>>
>>29403736
kek damn. Yeah I would never go cliche-crazy homeless, but I could have a pretty hard time helping myself with the autism and all.
>>
>>29403757
but homeless people spend their money at McDonalds.

Checkmate.
>>
we should give all the homeless guns desu
>>
>>29403822
It's not really a big thing anymore, but in the 90s there was TONS of homeless street punks all over my city and they all hung out in the same park and squatted the same buildings and presumably also all shared the same heroin needle. My point is that homeless people do look out for each other, as best as they can at least.
>>
File: 1455210216094.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
1455210216094.png
11 KB, 470x454
where do homless poop
>>
>>29403757
I completely agree. The homeless are usually a lot smarter than they appear to be.

In a communistic fashion, that's what a lot of homeless behave as. They share everything, they care about each other, they're friends

I've spent a lot of time around rich people and poor homeless people and I have to say, pretty much every person i know with money is a greedy gluttonous selfish asshole and every homeless bum i meet is a sharing, caring, positive, happy, experienced motherfucker.

i've spent a lot of time with rich people and un-rich people, and my god, you really begin to see the hypocrisy of modern day living. it's comparable to bible times.
Jesus himself, whether he existed or not, he said that it's harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than it is for a camel to enter the eye of a needle, or something like that.

I've spent a decent amount of time around poor people, growing up rich, i'm conditioned to greed and gluttony, but poor people share everything and look after each other, for the most part.
>>
>>29403878
McDonalds & shopping mall toilets, but also a lot of bushes in public parks.
>>
>>29403779
In homeless shelters, u have to share rooms
>>
>>29403834
Ya, most of them want to work there and not be homeless too. They don't want to keep being seen as scum.
But the point was that they are not doing anything so harmful and bad to everyone when they are living as homeless people.
>>
>>29403878
in san francisco, they poop right on the street. there is a poop tracker app for that.
>>
>>29403875
Huh OK. It seems like they didn't mind homeless so much? They enjoy free stuff, but they wouldn't even have been willing get back to showering themselves and sleeping indoors and reading or browsing while they wait for a job. That's ALL I'd want to do.
>>
File: 1444564290308.png (87 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
1444564290308.png
87 KB, 279x279
If a homeless person gets really sick, enters a hospital, and collapses on the floor near death but still very much so alive, do they get treatment? Is so, who pays for it?
>>
>>29403951
>there is a poop tracker app for that
prove it
>>
>>29404201
They get treated and will probably be in debt for the rest of their life
>>
>>29404248
Oh you mean they'll be forced to work? What if they're physically just unable to work?
>>
>>29404229
http://mashable.com/2014/11/21/public-poop-san-francisco/#zf5y42mXrEqS

took me 2 seconds on google, you boob
>>
>>29403812

You are making the mistake of projecting onto me certain chad/stacy attributes, just because I'm using terse, harsh prose to describe the problem of homelessness. Don't make that mistake. I use this board regularly, after all. Robot or no, chads and stacies don't do that. They have pleasant lives to attend to. Much of their circumstances can be attributed to luck, but not all of it.

The accoutrements you described sure help, but like I said, the main things are intelligence and "good behavior", whatever that is this century (certain core components don't change much over the centuries). I'll go along with your personal swipe this far: I have enough of both of these attributes not to be homeless. Add in luck with that, but then it's not far until a white privelege discussion of which much of 4chan is presently weary.

I would like to point out that where it really counts, every human being is currently equal: we all perish within a few decades on the outside. In this respect you I we are all the hobo. This has been the assumption of history. However, if biological immortality is implemented in the future, then this will be an ontological game-changer. I would furthermore suggest that it is an abhorrence. If there ever was a crab that actually deserved being pulled back into the bucket (the void), it's the human crab who tries for arbitrarily long life while a single other human crab is on track to die. After all, why should you get to make it. billions of others have already died. Commune with humanity. One of us, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble.
>>
I think that all homeless people should be given a hime with the condition that they are to maintain its cleanliness and be a pleasent neighbor. If they receive too many complaints from neighbors they get kicked out
>>
>>29403812
Mostly charisma and preexisting social status keeping them afloat.
>>
>>29403482
Because the people in power would rather hoard thousands of homes and let them rot and decay with no one using them, than let people live in them.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.