[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else wish they were a complete delusional autist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: weeb at hooters.jpg (150 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
weeb at hooters.jpg
150 KB, 800x600
Does anyone else wish they were a complete delusional autist?

Life would be so much better if I lived happily with just my anime and without caring about responsibilities etc.
>>
>>29402344
Yeah I really wish I had no friends, no gf, my parents hated and were disappointed in me, I had depression and could never get ahead in life.

I cry every single day wondering why i couldnt be born severely autistic
>>
>>29402344
Better to know and suffer than to remain ignorant. What has true meaning in life is knowledge, not pleasure.

God tier: knowledge, wellness
Philosopher-king tier: Knowledge, no wellness
Pleb tier: wellness, no knowledge
Hell tier: no knowledge, no wellness
>>
>>29402402
You misunderstood. If you were delusional enough you wouldn't care and you would be happy anyways. If you were autistic your parents wouldn't be angry but probably still disappointed but it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>29402434
But what is the point of knowledge if it doesn't improve your life and only causes suffering?
>>
>>29402402
that's being a self-aware autist
a completely delusional autist wouldn't know or care about any of those
>>
>>29402476
This exactly. Thanks for explaining it.
>>
>>29402475
Knowledge SHOULD be used to reduce suffering and improve life for people and all beings, you are correct. I'm not denying that.

I'm arguing that knowledge is the way, even if it does not bring happiness, because it means that you are trying and are taking power into your own hands. To forego knowledge is to surrender yourself to the winds of fate, and if tehy happen to blow you in a happy direction, you cannot claim to be a superior being for it.

Aim to be a superior being, not to be happy.
>>
>>29402684
so what you're saying is that the ultimate goal in life is still pleasure, but knowledge is the best way to get there
>>
>>29402684
But what point does being superior have if it doesn't bring you happiness? Happiness is literally the only thing in life worth chasing as it's what makes life worth living.
>>
>>29402719
the ultimate goal in life is growth and improvement. you should value that over pleasure. Growth and improvement should serve the growth of pleasure, but not be subordinate to it.

Given the choice to fight for an idea you believe in and suffer through a war or run away and eat chocolate cake, which one makes you more of a human being? Which one is more pleasureful? Which one has more meaning? Which one would you rahter declare proudly to others? Be more of a human being, every time. Become great.
>>
>>29403134
But valuing something and then achieving it gives pleasure, which is the reason to keep growing and self-improving. Pleasure is the one thing that we want in life.

The example you give is irrelevant. Both of the options causes suffering and it's the happiness of making the right choice and feeling like a good human that would make us choose the first one.
>>
>>29403228
you're deliberately misunderstanding my point to support your bad arguments. I gave a choice between something difficult and meaningful or something pleasureful and meaningless. You don't get to just decide that the pleasureful one is actually suffering so that you can keep flapping your lips.

Acheivement may give pleasure, but I am not advocating acheivement. I am advocating improvement. You cannot 'acheive' weightlifting. it is simply something you do in order to get better at it. That is how you should aim to live. Pleasure SHOULD come from this, but if it doesn't, it is still better than a life of pleasure that goes nowhere.
>>
>>29402344

kek @ the beta girl in the background being like

>why am i here
>i miss tumblr
>my feet hurt
>background noise in pics once more
>these girls are so annoying
>>
>>29403438
I'm not misunderstanding, you're oversimplifying to the point that your argument holds no weight. Of course there is suffering involved in doing something meaningless that gives pleasure. Rich people express this all the time. Knowing you're a useless piece of shit can take away A LOT of pleasure. Of course not for a all people, but for people in general. Going to war would give you pleasure from knowing you're doing something meaningful.

Everything positive leads to pleasure. That's why we do it. That's the whole point of doing it. We don't do anything just to improve. We do it for the pleasure of improving.

Humans are simple things. We only seek pleasure and happiness. Nothing else matters if we have this.
>>
>>29403717
>you're oversimplifying to the point that your argument holds no weight.

Did not read farther than that.

you're a fuckin' retard, dude. you're not worth replying to.
>>
>>29403781
>says he values knowledge
>can't read something that goes against his views

You're worthless. You talk about self improvement but you're part of the worst of humanity. Hypocrite.
>>
>>29403781
And if you read further you would understand my point, which you misunderstood in the first two replies.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.