[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's too much hate in the world. In spite of however
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: sad panda.jpg (10 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
sad panda.jpg
10 KB, 260x260
There's too much hate in the world. In spite of however bad things have gotten I've always believed in the good that people are capable of and thought I could be pretty great myself. Now here I am as an adult and I see among me cynics, nonbelievers, people who have given up on life, people who have forsaken morality and live only for personal gain, cheaters and liars and deceivers and manipulators - I even see so many of these bad qualities in even people I admire.

I've always believed in the Golden Rule and that all the good that you do to someone else will come around back to you. It's hard to do the right thing sometimes, and sometimes being good doesn't get you anything in return. But it's nothing to let embitter you... right?
>>
>>29401327
>will come around back to you
Not necessary.
>>
>>29401327
life is flawed at it's roots is a dog eat dog game, there's no hope in such a world happiness can't exist.
>>
GOD FUCKING DAMN I HATE HICCUPS

STOP SPASMING YOU STUPID RETARD DIAPHRAGM
>>
I see good and bad as effusive, and as things we can't control nearly as much as we ideally would be able to

A bad world, or fragment/vision of the world, will mold people in its image. A good person in a bad world, an anomaly of coincidence, will either mold their small microcosm to be better (which would hopefully ripple outward and make the rest of the world better, if only minutely) if they can manage to maintain their integrity, or will be consumed by it and become just another faceless part of it. Same goes for the other way around.

>I've always believed in the Golden Rule and that all the good that you do to someone else will come around back to you
It does, in that you make the world a better place, and you're in the world, so you benefit from the slight change you created as much as anyone else. But no I don't think there's some karmic rule where doing good things for other people will magically make good things happen to you- at best it will inspire those people to be better themselves.

I don't think, in this place, that the rules are in your favor. The best thing you can do is isolate yourself from harmful influences until you know you're strong enough and have the conviction to face them. Otherwise they'll just turn you into them, and that does both you and everyone else an injustice.

>>29401432
There's also this.You can be as good as you want but you want stop animals from hungrily devouring each other and the hunger pangs that attack those who choose not to.
>>
>>29401327
The Buddhist idea of Nirvana is about looking inwards and realizing that the external world is incapable of putting an end to all suffering. As long as the will to live exists in a thing it will continue to be burned by its on desires.

Ultimately you'll have to come at peace with your own mind as other's can't be helped.
>>
>>29401432
Dogs typically do not eat their own kind; only under scarcity do they do so.
>>
>>29401714
they do live in packs, is not just merely eating each other but submitting your competition, it's a bad joke.
>>
>>29401773
Packs tend to welcome new members.
Face it, dog bros dog.
>>
>>29401327
>says this
>buys groceries from a normal store
>groceries have such a large carbon footprint over the course of lifetime as to contribute so much to climate change you have effectively killed people
no escaping being a literal murderer if you live in murica
>>
>>29401793
There's not a thing such as bros in nature, it's all about survival efficiency, also they live in hierarchies not everyone gets the same treatment.
>>
>>29401853
>if you live in murica

Or any developed country.
>>
>>29401910
I'm going to refer you to /r/animalsbeingbros
>>
>>29401327

If your expectations of the world are set at moral excellence, you will be disappointed for the rest of your life. At the end of the day, survival and self interest has more sway than moral integrity. The best you can do is seek individuals who share and appreciate the same values you do and surround yourself with those people.
>>
>>29401932
>le zany reddit website xDDDD
No.
>>
>>29402050
You're missing out on shedding some kawaii bitch tears
>>
>all the good that you do to someone else will come around back to you.
It won't. People will use you because you're an easy target in their eyes.
Just be polite but don't go around doing favors for strangers or people you barely know.
>>
File: Screenshot (76).png (499 KB, 913x728) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (76).png
499 KB, 913x728
>>29401327
Good and bad are just labels we have put on our actions and beliefs. And in this sense, what you hold to be the best that a man is doing is very subjective. Were your morals end is where the next man's start.

>people who have forsaken morality and live only for personal gain, cheaters and liars and deceivers and manipulators

Well of course there is tons of these in the human population, myself existing in that cesspool of lost humanity. Unfortunately, we live as human, that are dammed with ethics, but are in nature, beasts with conciseness. The only true survivors that die with less agony than most are those who exist for their own personal happiness, not taking into account what the other might be affected by. And that is the secret to a humans life on this planet. If you try living by making other happy you will die sad, unfulfilled and lacking personal gain. And the only reason that might sound wrong is because we are instate from a young age that we must help others and care for them. That is fine, but when reality sets in, everyone is looking out for themselves, the those who aren't are doomed to fail.
>>
>>29401327
The golden rule only applies to the person in power . People want different things to make them happy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.