[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>out in my uncle's yard checking out his new pool >birds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2936x2444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2936x2444
>out in my uncle's yard checking out his new pool
>birds have been hatching recently, tons of tiny baby birds flying around in the tree
>one of them tries to fly, but lands in the mulch in front of me
>I approach it, it tries to escape but isn't strong enough to do anything but fly across the ground
>uncle has a dog, don't want it to get eaten
>walk behind it slowly and scoop it up after several attempts, it perches on my finger cautiously
>it looks retarded, has little tufts of feathers behind its eyes. Wonder if birds have runts, and if this could be the runt of the litter and that's why he can't fly well yet
>feel an empathetic connection with this fragile creature, and place him back in a tree out of harm's way
>he just sort of stands there looking retarded and doesn't fly anywhere. Wonder if he is panicking from our interaction
>leave him be and talk to uncle

>about to walk home
>look for the baby bird, he's gone from where I left him, finally flew off
>look around and notice the other tiny birds flying around
>realize the bird I saved looked nothing like them
>mind instantly flashes to /r9k/ bird threads
>quickly google "baby cowbird" on my phone
>the baby bird was unmistakably a brown headed cowbird

>I was in the bird threads telling OP he needed to kill the cowbird
>I fucking saved a cowbird from being devoured by a dog today
I can't fucking do anything right
>>
hi please post in my thread I worked hard on it
>>
>>29401195
Whats a cowbird
>>
File: smug cowbird.png (15 KB, 438x243) Image search: [Google]
smug cowbird.png
15 KB, 438x243
>>29401295
the smuggest bird in the realm
>>
>>29401295
The aviary Jew
>>
>>29401295
A literal parasite. It damages eco systems.
>>
>>29401322
Nice dubs.
Are cowbirds infiltrators that try to blend with other birds?
Do they kill other birds?
Are they just retarded birds that do fuck all?
>>
>>29401363
they are a genetically superior bird that lays its eggs in other birds nest in hopes that they will do the shit work of sitting on it all day only for its baby to hatch and eat the original birds babies. It only triggers other birds and normies because they didnt think of it first.
>>
>>29401295
Nature's bad joke about what happens when you mix a bird, a jew and a nigger.
>>
>>29401403
I think I've heard about this.
Don't they destroy the other eggs and the entire nest if the other mother bird gets rid of the cowbird egg?
>>
File: 1466295848387.jpg (111 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1466295848387.jpg
111 KB, 620x349
>>29401295

A bird which has been bitten by a radioactive cow.

>>29400917

I wouldn't concern myself too much if I were you. Let's say you saved a kitten: it may well kill a hundred birds during its lifetime, but it's cute so fuck those birds.
>>
>>29401477
Yes. And baby cowbirds eat like fucking pigs, meaning the other baby birds in the nest have to go hungry or even starve to death.
>>
>>29401477
yes, indeed they do. upon inspection of the nest if the mother cowbird sees her eggs missing she will unleash her wrath on the other birds young and nest
>>
>>29401542
>>29401551
Cowbirds are basically the scum of the bird world, they invade and if things are not the way they want it then they go batshit crazy...
>>
>>29401425
Strangely accurate tbqh
>>
>>29401502
Yeah but a cat killing a bird just doesn't feel as bad. It seems like more of a fair chase. A cowbird is a deceptive leech. I know it's wrong to apply human morals to the animal kingdom but I can't help it.
>>
I'm sorry, but this is fucking dumb.
How the fuck are you all getting worked up over fucking birds?
OP, how the fuck are you such a soft, squishy faggot?

Holy fuck that's fucking nature. They're both just wild birds, nothing is jewing anything out of anyone. They are birds.

Besides, if you ask me they're pretty cool. Pretty amazing what they do and how in depth they do it, for a bird at least.
>>
>>29402028
Whatever you say cowbird
>>
>>29402028
Don't you have a nest full of babies to rip, cowbird?
If you used your time well, you could build your own nest but you prefer to shitpost on 4chan, no?
>>
>>29402028
t. cowbird

Rodda rodda rodda nigger
>>
Are we going to have these copycat threads all month?
>>
>>29401295
A bird that lays its egg in the nest of other birds.

>>29401357
No, no it doesn't. it's a native species and is as much part of the environment as anything else.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.