[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 years in the military AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: pepe_memes.jpg (135 KB, 930x1060) Image search: [Google]
pepe_memes.jpg
135 KB, 930x1060
Been a pretty easy ride. NEET 2.0 pretty much
>>
Most original self bamp
>>
File: dont404.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dont404.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
Guess no one has any questions?
>>
Should I go army or marines?
>>
>>29399367
Army definitely. Do a job you really wanna do. I wanted to be a boat operator but the army tried docking me around so I joined another branch

Marines u get no say what job u want
>>
>>29399367
I would recommend navy, coast guard, or airforce though. Army has the biggest array of jobs though. They even have jobs like train conductor.
>>
>>29399394
>I wanted to be a boat operator
I want to shoot brown people who don't speak english. I guess army infantry?
>>
>>29399472
Well the army is really really brown so u will probably hate it.

You'll kill more people as a navy seal or airforce paratrooper.
>>
>>29399472
I would have been the dude driving the landing craft to drop your ass in the conflict zone while I go back home to play Vidya and drink beer
>>
>>29399534
>You'll kill more people as a navy seal or airforce paratrooper.
I would but Navy Seals don't take fuck ups.

I heard that infantry is wayy whiter than the rest of the army and has higher morale. Most brown people stick to slave jobs like: >>29399576
>>
>>29399367
Neither you stupid fuck boi, go AIR FORCE and medical, thank me later when ya slaying fine pussy and not doing shit
>>
>>29399766
Either this or coast guard I can say I haven't done any real work in like 3 weeks hi five airforce bro
>>
>>29399766
>thank me later when ya slaying fine pussy and not doing shit
I want to blast hadjis, not get my dick sucked by succubi.
>>
>>29399707
>lowest iq to get 11b
>most whites

Whatever you say guy who's never been in.
>>
Any other questions?
>>
>>29399831
>asvab scores
>IQ
>IQ means anything

Please stop.
>>
>>29400185
>asvab scores have nothing to do with intelligence
>>
>>29400677
The questions on the ASVAB are high school freshman tier. Anyone who's not retarded and paid attention to half of what was going on in school could score better than the requirement for a combat arms MOS.

I was a NEET for 3 years before I took that test, and I scored decently high. Shit's easy.
>>
>>29400843
For combat yes it's easy, for technical jobs not so much
>>
>>29400185
I scored a 99 and got extremely high line scores across the board. Every single MOS in the military was open to me though obviously they encouraged me to go into intel. I ended up not joining because fuck the military but yeah the asvab is piss easy and if you score under 90 kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
>>29399534
The army may have Browns in it, but they only ever shoot shitskins. The last time a white man lawfully died at the wrong end of an American GI's gun was probably world war 2. Or maybe some European commie volunteers in Vietnam. Maybe.
>>
>>29400945
>go Intel

I'll take things that didn't happen for 500
>>
>>29401036
Yeah but those shit skins fire back and have these things called ieds that are all over the place that you don't know about
>>
>>29401115
I don't know what to tell you man. Intel isn't hard to get into. I was encouraged to go intel analyst. This was like 6 years ago. Some people obviously have to go intel. One of the main draws, probably, was that I had a clean criminal record and I was white.
>>
>>29401148
>all this happened
>still decided fuck the military

Still seems unbelievable. What branch?
>>
>>29401344
Army. I decided fuck the military because I'm mentally ill and too unstable. You know that the pay would have been the same as if I was a grunt right? I only wanted to join for the college money anyway. I'm not much of a patriot or nationalist or anything so really the only reason for me to join would be the college money.
>>
What's service are you, OP? Any deployments under your belt? I'm also in, I'm just curious about other service members on /r9k/ or 4chin in general.
>>
>>29401401
Coast Guard

No deployments

I travel a lot. Make a lot of per diem money. Pretty chill, wbu?
>>
>>29400888
If I could score high enough on the ASVAB to have my pick of any MOS in the army that I wanted after sitting around doing nothing for 3 years, then anyone who isn't retarded can do it.

I ended up going commo, and I hate it.
>>
>>29401516
Commo?
>>
>>29401423
I'm in the Navy, HM. I've been in for a couple years now. No deployments yet, should be changing pretty soon. You gonna make it a career, I imagine?
>>
>>29401530
Commotion, they just through flash bangs all over the fucking place. I hate them. I can't fucking sleep. Dumbest damn job.
>>
>>29401540
Definitely, I love it. Getting close to putting on anchors.
>>
>>29399307
I'm a poorfags who'd like free college but am a pussy, I'm good at logic. Can I get an army/air force position without threat of death? What are those positions?
>>
File: 20160607_184432.jpg (729 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160607_184432.jpg
729 KB, 2560x1440
>>29401582
That sucks senpai
Pic related was hotel I was in on my last tdy trip

28th floor
>>
>>29401616
Yes, most jobs are non combat related. Navy store keeper or yeoman, paperwork and logistics
>>
>>29401605
Nice, Chief select Anon. You gonna commission? That's my plan if I stay in.
>>
>>29401616
If you join the coast guard as a cook you'll get a 20k sign on bonus
>>
>>29401676
No will probably try to go warrant, that seems to be where it's at. I don't think I'm making chief anytime soon, I keep getting fucked by all the dinosaurs
>>
>>29401540
Are u in barracks, or on the economy?
>>
>>29401148
I think the army would probably recruit people for intelligence jobs the same way the nsa and other state agencies recruit for intelligence analyst jobs , so I doubt your story.
>>
File: 1412481378143.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1412481378143.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
Question for all military robots.

How much of a robot are you? Did the military normify you? Are you a kv? Are there many robot types there?
>>
>>29401755
Bricks tragically, I'll have to be a first before I get out, or married. Fuck that.
>>
>>29401805
It helps, military is a like a way better version of highschool. If your nice to people they'll be nice back.
>>
>>29399766
Just be an army infantry officer by graduating with some random shit 4 year degree
>Get saluted by men much older and more experienced with you
>Get better shit than enlisted
>Get better pay than enlisted
>Get better women than the enlisted
>>
>>29401836
Damn that sucks. In cg non rates are on the economy. I live in an rv and pocket like 80% of my bah
>>
>>29401662
>>29401691
Nice, I love cooking. Thank you for your input.
>>
>>29401809
I'd also like to know this, I'm khv and can't see noncombatant positions changing that.
>>
>>29401895
Also u don't stand watch, and in cg as an e5 you can be running your own galley

Cook school is in Petaluma California.

Also you won't be deployed overseas unless you volunteer.
>>
>>29401805
No, intel in the military is the same way combat is recruited. At the recruiter. NSA recruits differently. I would have had a background check though. Oh, and the way alphabets recruit is basically you apply for the job. It's not shadowy. Intel does not into spy. Intel is just analyzing patterns and comms and satellite photos and shit. It's not what you think it is.
>>
>>29401915
Well if you have a stable job and in good shape (military does that). You improve your chances to not become a wizard
>>
>>29401927
I don't know what most of that means, a literal net here.
Does that mean I must go to the school prior to applying?
>>
>>29401915
I was a khv before military, I'm single tho, don't wanna get hitched
>>
>>29401891
It's really not too bad. There's some bullshit attached to it, but I can't really complain. If I make third and head back to a hospital command I'll be able to live out in town. More then likely.
>>
Ausidiot here. I'm not allowed to join the army because I have a chronic medical condition I can get a job doing anything else so it would have been a great panic button but even that's closed off to me. I wish I hadn't bothered with university.
>>
>>29402139
Why the fuck did "can't" turn into "can"

Fuck
>>
>>29402024
N-nice, seems like a comfy and personally productive opportunity.
Thanks for y'all time.
>>
>>29402116
No the coast guard sends u to cook school. That's why the military is a great deal. They train you for free
>>
>>29402132
Do the rv thing man, I put away like 3k at least a month
>>
>>29402179
Dude the time flies, before u know it you'll be in your early 40s already getting a pension and Healthcare
>>
>>29402186
Coast guard and military collaborate in that respect?
Excuse my ignorance.
>>
4 man berthing rooms
No law enforcement
Chill scientists on board
Best Vidya tournaments
Good food
/comfy/
>>
>>29402445
Coast guard is DHS but get all the military perks, so if u wanted a chill DHS job afterwards it's pretty easy to get. I'm looking at FEMA when I retire. I love trolling on pol saying I'll be waiting for them at the fema camps to give them work assignments
>>
>>29399307
>How much of a robot are you?
If been introverted qualifies as being an robot, somewhat. I've never really felt true social isolation nor do I have any unusual interests.
>Did the military normify you?
Somewhat, I never really partied or went out too much before I joined, however that could be due to where I lived and the type of people I primarily surrounded myself with.
>Are you a kv?
Not sure what that means, I've been off this board for a while noe.
>Are there many robot types there?
I've encountered a fair amount.
>>
>>29400071
do they pay you to fish for losers on this board?

there's one of these threads almost every day
>>
>>29402514
Kv is kiss less virgin
>>
>>29402536
No, but I've been on 4chan since 06. Trust me CG is the hardest branch to get into most prior military lateral over. But being as I was an outcast and lose in high school and seeing now I have an awesome life and get to watch all the people who treated me like shit have 60k in school debt and shitty jobs tells me there justice in the world.
>>
>>29402536
I'm not a recruiter, but that would be a strange guerilla recruiting plan.
>>
>>29402611
Loser*
Dhdbdbjdn dfh skdjdbdnjdj original
>>
>>29402536
Just telling fellow outcasts that there's a way out
>>
Seeing as how my post with the boat and why I post here should indicate truth dubs by kek
>>
Pic related, trying to get one of these next so I can go see Japan
>>
>>29399394
I'm currently enlisted in the Marines waiting to go to bootcamp. I got to choose my job and so did everyone else waiting for boot at my RSS.
>>
>>29399307
>in the military
>NEET 2.0 pretty much

Faggot that is the complete opposite of being NEET. It's an easy job because you're told where to be and what to do all the time. But comparing it to being NEET is retarded.

>10 years in the military
Bullshit

OP is a liar and not in the military
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.