[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I unable to do something with my life ? I've no energy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: 1461963594140.jpg (22 KB, 374x419) Image search: [Google]
1461963594140.jpg
22 KB, 374x419
Why am I unable to do something with my life ? I've no energy, no motivation, no will, no goals, no friends and im a neet with no abilities outside of video games. Even at that im nothing exceptional just a little over the average

Everything I try fail and very quickly ive no discipline at all. I know my life is slipping away and I know I should do something about it but day after day, I stand there idly by watch me like do nothing day after day.

Since my life will be a failure can I at the fucking least know why I'm like that ?
>>
>>29397232
Read over what you just wrote and you'll know what is wrong with you.
>>
File: 0019.gif (560 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
0019.gif
560 KB, 250x200
>>29397232
what vidya do you play anon?? tell me
>>
File: Mouse.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mouse.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
>>29397232
maybe you where actualy literaly bitten by a neet.

would be ironic as fuck
>>
>>29397466
mostly RPG dragon age, baldur's gates, elder scroll, divinity, fallout etc.
>>
>>29397232

Sounds like nutritional deficiencies. Have you checked your vitamin D levels? Your serotonin?
>>
>>29397584
comfy single player games are always good, good picks anon!
>>
>>29397232
also, you should really stop caring about life desu, i mean if you really really want to try and make it better then go do it please, just get past the sad part so you can live comfy neet life !
>>
>>29397624
I thought it could be vitamin deficiency so I bought supplement a month ago. I bought omega-3 and some other shit with all sort of vitamins including vitamin D3. No serotonin

Ive no idea if i take vitamin D. I don't eat very well but I'm by no means the worst either.

What gives vitamin D and seronotin ?
>>
File: 1466370717914.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1466370717914.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29397232
lack of discipline is a bitch
>>
Do you have any experience with marijuana OP?

I'm not a doctor, but you sound like you have ADD or depression, or both.

Some people have benefited from medical marijuana for those conditions.

If you live in a MMJ state you might want to talk to a doctor about it.

Just a suggestion.
>>
>>29397697
Your body produces vitamin D in reaction to sunlight(UV light) hitting your skin.

Windows block UV light so you can't just open the blinds, you have to go outside
>>
Might be the video games, they can reward you pretty quickly and don't encourage hard work. Try and cut back on those and get yourself a simple job, it should get you more disciplined.
>>
>>29397729
I never took drug in my life. I know myself enough to know that if I try this shit even once and feel happy and extatic, I willl be hooked, addicted and doomed for life

>>29397752
if it's only the sun who provides it then I'm def not having enough. How many time a day do you suggest ?
>>
File: 1463484753822s.jpg (8 KB, 209x250) Image search: [Google]
1463484753822s.jpg
8 KB, 209x250
Op good pick of video games you should do something you like as a job
>>
If you don't feel like OP you're a fucking normie and you should leave

You are not a robot if you're not lethargic and depressed
>>
>>29397232
Personally I find that humans are very adaptable, and this can be a bad thing. Also an unhealthy habit can easily become the "normal situation", and as normal, it becomes sort of familiar and safe, and learning away from it can be difficult.

I've been struggling with productivity, procrastination, the sort of passivity paralysis depression can cause of not doing anything and having no discipline. I learned away from it slowly and through determination, by making myself work, and the more I worked the better I felt about myself, about being productive, which helped me to be more productive etc.

So, maybe the problem is that you've gotten used to being inactive in this mental sense, and like a couch potato you are out of motivation shape. But if you start to practice and don't give up, eventually your motivation muscles will come back and the vitality and love of life will return. Like the process of slowly losing weight and getting fit - it's not that you just can't, it's that you're out of practice
>>
>>29397808
>How many time a day do you suggest?

That depends on your skin color and where you live

This could be just 15 minutes for a very fair skinned person, yet a couple of hours or more for a dark skinned person
>>
>>29397857
>Personally I find that humans are very adaptable, and this can be a bad thing. Also an unhealthy habit can easily become the "normal situation", and as normal, it becomes sort of familiar and safe, and learning away from it can be difficult.

I agree with this. I cant believe I used to go to school 5 days a week + homework. I don't even know if I could handle 2 days a week now. It's clearly something I adopted I wasn't always like that. Don't get me wrong ive never been super motivated can't do anything type of dude but I was able to at least function.

>I've been struggling with productivity, procrastination, the sort of passivity paralysis depression can cause of not doing anything and having no discipline. I learned away from it slowly and through determination, by making myself work, and the more I worked the better I felt about myself, about being productive, which helped me to be more productive etc.

How have you started and what gave you the will to not give up ? God knows ive tried to start all sort of things and it always ended in failure.

>>29397978
im as white as it gets
>>
>>29397697

Alright lad, I'm the guy you replied to. Most of us 4chan lurkers have some sort of nutritional deficiency and deficiency in essential vitamins. Little to no exposure to sunlight means little vitamin D. A vitamin D deficiency can really fuck you up (t. person with vit. D levels 3x lower than the minimum, to the point where I was having trouble walking, 24/7 fatigue, depression, brain fog, couldn't sleep at night)

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter produced in the gut, and is responsible for mood, sleep, sex drive and appetite. Normalfags call it "the hormone of happiness". Other than that, you need to have all the other neurotransmitters in good levels.

You can read about them here:

https://www.neurogistics.com/TheScience/WhatareNeurotransmi09CE.asp

I suffer from Neurotransmitter depletion and am recovering slowly (don't wanna take antidepressants).

Wanna know what you're deficient in? Google your symptoms. When I felt like shit I googled mine, and came up with a vit. D and B12 deficiencies, as well as an underactive thyroid, which was later confirmed with blood tests.
>>
>>29398066
>How have you started and what gave you the will to not give up ?
My mom. This will be long, but maybe some of the ideas will help you:

She's an artist and has told me many times inspiration doesn't just come, you actively have to work for it, every day, leave the home and go to the atelier (workplace) at the same time and put on the work clothes and get to the work mindset and then just start working, get a shit idea, work on that, make it better, look at it, work on it and develop it further. Still shit, but find what works about it, work and develop that, still shit but maybe a bit better, and so forth. She's talked to me a lot about how it's important to keep working even when it feels like fuck this will be shit and I don't know what I'm doing, just persevere and work hard and eventually it'll click, or at least you'll learn a lot from failing.

She's a successful artist, so it's been good to hear that even for her, it's not easy or natural, it's the ROUTINE of labour and putting in the work hours that's the secret of her artistic creativity and success, she works so much even if most of the proposals and applications fail, there are so many successes the outcome is still good. This approach also helped me come to grips with the depression, the important part is to keep trying, and accept that maybe the great passion isn't automatic, that one has to work on feelings and mental wellbeing the same way you need to work on your muscles to stay fit, every day. I think it's the same thing with love, or satisfaction in life, or goals or motivation. You have to decide to be active or happy and actively maintain that mindset.

If you let yourself slump into passivity, it will take some time to get back to normie level mental fitness, and even longer to become an achiever. It's like preparing for a maraton and the important thing is not to try too much too soon and then get depressed because you failed. Also one has to be happy over small victories
>>
>>29398261
Vitamin D could for sure be my problem. The symptoms fit extremely well and I never go outside. Serotonin not so much.

I'll take 20 minutes walk daily for 2-3 weeks and I'll see if that's any help. Thanks friend.
>>
>>29398512

Oh lol it's gonna take a lot more than that. A complete vit. D recovery can take up to a year. Lucky for us it's already summer.

Test your vit. D if you have the time / money, so you can see where you are and you can track your progress.

Also, please be aware that vit. D is created out of something after all. That something is cholesterol, so you gotta make sure you have enough, because that's literally the building block for not only vit. D, but most essential stuff your body needs.
>>
>>29398371
(contd)
She has always been a very active person due to her dad dying when she was young, which plunged their family into the brink of poverty so she really values hard work. When I got depressed we had bad fights, she had crying fits etc because she just couldn't understand why the hell I was "wasting my life", in part because I didn't tell her how bad things were. But when I finally did, and she googled around, she understood that I had a condition and started to actively try to help me get better.

She paid for me to go to a psychologist, which I found helped a great deal, gave me tools to deal with myself and my self-loathing and face my fears of various things.
She also read up on depression etc and has really tried to support me. When it was really bad, she had me work as her assistant (she would normally hire one anyway, so it wasn't a made-up assignment) and would talk about how the work I did helped with the project, and I noticed that on the days when I worked with her, I felt notably better about myself.

She also in general reminds me to be happy of the small successes and achievements I make, I do try to do various things but I still tend to loathe myself and focus on the negative, and it really helps when she tells to my face that well I can't expect to perform as well as normal people because I'm not at their level, due to the current situation I'm starting from behind, so even if I'm not at the normie level my progress is still great compared to how depressed I was a while ago, and it's fantastic and she's proud of how hard I'm working to get back to "normal", and it really helps me to keep sight of the goal and keep motivated, like yeah it's true, I am getting better, the attempts I make are getting results.
>>
>>29397646
>>29397584
Absolutly shit taste anon, how about you play some games that need brain to get through?

Luckely I'm here to help you out. Grab xcom eu/ew during the next steam sale.
>>
>>29397232
you have no motivation because you unconsciously reject motivation as a proper means to your end goals

the way to repair this is to invest yourself emotionally in some kind of goal that has a net positive outcome for you and/or others. the best way to realize your own aspirations is to set them as a focus on all levels, not just thinking about it consciously.
>>
>>29398371
>>29398577
You're very lucky to have such a great mom. Not something I could brag about.

That said I won't take this as an excuse. I'll screencap your posts and try to improve myself. Ive been saying that for many years I just hope that one day, I will actually do and succeed so I can get out of this abyss
>>
>>29398563
Alright but when will I be able to notice an improvement ?

How does it work if I walk 30minutes instead of 20 will I get there 50% faster or does it have to be a long term thing ?
>>
>>29398732

It depends on a lot of factors, like geography, how much sun you get, amount of cholesterol, ability of your liver to convert it to vitamin D, whether you use sun screen, etc. etc.

Your best chances of a quick recovery are 2 x 30 minute walks or an hour walk between 10 AM and 3 PM every day. I'm currently doing this + supplementing with 1200 IUs of D3 (literally 3 drops - its not much but i'm just following the guidelines here + i get a shitload of sun every day)
>>
File: dafdf.jpg (112 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
dafdf.jpg
112 KB, 1300x866
>>29398563
>tfw same problem as OP
>don't have enough motivation in me to get my vitamin D production back up

Welp
>>
>>29398577
(contd II) and now to some tangible advice.

I procrastinated so hard I had to start with very focused babysteps to get ANYTHING done. So I
1) listed the tasks / goals and put them in order, so instead of an ocean of overwhelming "you should have done this ages ago" regret, it was broken down into clear tasks
2) made a schedule, like an actual school schedule of which hours of the day I will use on which task, because just deciding "I'll do this soon" led to me postponing and feeling bad about avoiding it and then avoiding it more because of the guilt. I wrote it on paper and tacked it on my wall.
3)used the Pomodoro technique of time-management, there are apps for it, somehow it helped me to get into the "do it now, this is work time, break time is later" mentality
4) tried to leave the house and go to a "work place", anywhere that's not the environment where normality currently is procrastinating and feeling shitty. Maybe a cafe or a library, or even the park or my parent's house. But I tried to create this "leave your normal sad passive slob place, put on work clothes, travel to the work place, now I'm in work time where I work on the work projects" - situation, and found that the external change assisted me to stick with the mental change, too.

Every time I tried to be productive in the same room where I spent all those months feeling depressed and procrastinating, it just didn't work at all. I got nothing done and felt bad about that and slipped back into doing nothing, before trying to break out of it again with better success.

5) I limited my internet and social media etc leisure time. I physically had to hide devices out of sight or go somewhere without internet in order to be able to focus. I wrote "internet time" on the schedule and struggled hard to adhere to that. It was ridiculously hard, the habit of wasting time online was so deep in me. But it worked.

6) Regular sleep rhythm, exercise, no alcohol. Made a huge mental difference.
>>
>>29397584
>above average at single player games
I almost actually laughed, got me OP.
>>
Is vitamin D really THAT important?
My doctor did actually say I needed more a couple years ago. I got tablets but never really remembered to take them.

And damn, my vitamin D levels have definitely gone even further down since then. Unless that semester of tennis class outside did anything.
>>
>>29399062

It could all be overhyped, but as of recently the Medical field has seriously started to recognize how detrimental a vit. D deficiency can be for your body, especially with the global warming BS and the whole "the sun causes cancer" campaigns and people literally painting their whole bodies with sun blocks.

There was 1 very interesting study where people from dark, wintery Estonia had better vit. D levels than people from fucking FLORIDA just because of overuse of sun block.

Vit. D is essential for your immune system. If you're low in vit. D, you're at risk for all kinds of disease, including cancer. Not to mention a lot of people who are very deficient (like me) are near-cripples because of it.
>>
>>29397232
I'm the same. I even got checked for deficiencies and everything was fine.

Shit's fucked, but I'm too apathetic to worry about it.
>>
>>29399145
Fuck now I'm scared
My bones do feel shitty, like my legs are going to crack half the time and I just spent all of yesterday sick and vomiting and weak. Was just a stomach virus though but still, no one else had it.

What if it's too late?
>>
File: 1457435663056.jpg (60 KB, 960x944) Image search: [Google]
1457435663056.jpg
60 KB, 960x944
>>29397232
Try being a person who no one respects because he's adaptable to others but without any individuality. I have no values therefore when i see a character i like i literally imagine as he's living through me. I dont know how to stop being so easily influenced by anything.
>>
File: 12971192012.gif (775 KB, 285x209) Image search: [Google]
12971192012.gif
775 KB, 285x209
>>29398689
Yeah I know. I'm so weak (or maybe weakened by the depression) it's very lucky that my mom is so determined and hard-working and supportive, and also had the sense to google around on how to deal with depressions and overcome it. She had the strength I didn't and lovingly encourage-nagged me into improving myself, ha.

Just remember anon. Happiness, satisfaction, motivation, goals, even being able to function like "normal", it's not a natural state that just descends from the heavens on some people when you land the right job or partner or station in life etc - it's a mental muscle, a fitness that must be rigourously maintained or it'll wither out.

We're badly out of shape, that's all. Okay, if we set the goals too high and try to act like normal people with good efficiency fitness, it's like trying to run a marathon with zero practice, of course next to the people who will have practiced daily for years we'll fail fucking miserably. We have to accept we're out of shape, adjust our goals, congratulate ourselves over the small victories, and PERSEVERE, stick with the training program, and if we slip up try again, start from scratch if necessary.

Slowly, the mental fitness will increase. I really noticed that when I started to do stuff, and congratulate myself over trying and achieving and being productive, I started to feel better, which helped me do more stuff, and so forth.

Consider mindfulness or thankfulness meditation exercises, those helped a friend.

Every day, we have to practice being happy and satisfied and motivated and passionate. Work at it. Don't give up. Our emotions are a bit out of shape, but they'll return. Little by little, they'll return if we just keep at it.

Don't give up. If you fail, try again.
>>
>>29399304

yeah there's this nigger summer virus that a lot of folks get since some nigger bacteria gets activated from the heat

don't worry too much about it, try to replenish ur gut flora with some probiotics (sourkraut)
>>
>>29399363

not the same anon but i just wanted to say thanks, this is all good advice.

one thing i wanted to ask is how do you know what to work toward? i'm in a similar position to the OP motivation wise. i recently quit my job because it was driving me insane but now i have no idea what to spend my time doing. the only goal i've set myself is to get in good shape physically. i don't have any passions so i just waste time on the internet.
>>
>>29398577
>When I got depressed we had bad fights, she had crying fits etc because she just couldn't understand why the hell I was "wasting my life", in part because I didn't tell her how bad things were

Literally exactly my situation.
Overall your situation almost mirrors mine.

Thank you for writing this up, and also for the tips you gave here:
>>29399015

I find every time I try to improve, and get back on an exercise regime and good diet in order to lose weight, I do well for around a week or two, and then hit an obstacle, and fall back to my old ways.

Just trying to make sure I stay disciplined even when I hit a difficulty.
>>
Same reason any other animal wouldn't be able to adapt to a wild life if they were raised tame.

We've grown stuck in our own pen for our own reasons. We're fed like pigs because no-one knows how to make us happy. Along the horizon we see boars goring and fucking one another.

So we roll in our own filth, and then we die. Bred without tusks and grown without hair.

We were raised that way.
>>
>>29399015
thank you for the tips.

ill look into the pomodoro thing.

I'm gonna have an hard time leaving my room honestly. Im a little anxious when im not there. L'll try to make it work in my room.

>>29399060
ive played multiplayers games such as Sc2, LoL and older games as well and always had good ranks.

As far as solo game is concerned, i always play on insane diffoculty or whatever is the highest difficulty. I assume that it makes me 'better than the average'.
>>
>>29399676
>I do well for around a week or two, and then hit an obstacle, and fall back to my old ways.
Yeah I struggle with this too. I think the solution is to just not get deflated by the setback, and instead try to focus on the positive, as soon as you catch yourself slipping, instead of going "there I go again, I couldn't keep at it, as expected, alas such is my fate ;_;" try to go "okay it's hard to change, it's natural that there's setbacks, but look, I managed to stick with it for 2 whole weeks, that's impressive, it's possible for me to do this, now let's go for 3 or even 4 come on"

Of course, even this mentality took some practice to get into, and I still sometimes fall back into the hating myself and doing nothing pit. But on average, I'm much better than I was 7 months ago, for example. I really think it's the tenacious perseverance that's the key to life. Every little thing is an improvement and a cause for feeling good, even just a bit. No-one can be perfect, the aim is to eventually get to the place where the achievements like doing the tasks planned for that day and not having unhealthy snacks outweigh the inevitable slip-ups
>>
You are undead. Modernism has sapped the life out of you, leaving behind a cadaver so twisted and vile that it refuses to die.

For now your soul resides in Hell, until it is liberated in the beta uprising.

Then all the Staceys, Chads and Jews will pay for turning us into abominations. And our souls can rest and our bodies return to the ground in peace.
>>
>>29400058
>I'm gonna have an hard time leaving my room honestly. Im a little anxious when im not there.
That sounds a bit like addiction. I had that problem too, and truly, it's shocking how much easier it is to be productive in a new environment where I specifically came to work, and how incredibly fucking hard it is to get anything done in the same place where I'm used to being sad and depressed and mentally/emotionally paralyzed and procrastinating.

If you cannot leave your room or apartment, at least try to change places within the space that you have. Create a special working spot somewhere - I twisted an ankle, and made a temporary "work place" arrangement by clearing a desk I hadn't used before and designating it ONLY for work time, and strictly doing all of my leisure internet bullshit by the same kitchen table where I'd been wasting time while depressed, in a different room.

Also try to help your mind to transition into the efficient worktime mentality through creating a "work commute", like putting on clothes you don't wear during your leisure time, going for a quick walk outside, even 1 minute, or around your garden, and then when you come in, you go STRAIGHT to the new "work place" you've created and start working on the task you've scheduled for yourself. When the worktime ends and your free time starts, do some routine, like even just some stretches, to signal the transition back to leisure time. Also DO NOT do any leisure time shit like posting on 4chan while on the "work place" during designated work time.

It sounds stupid but our minds need all the help they can get in order to avoid clinging on to the familiar and safe-feeling (though destructive) routine of depressed procrastinating and wasting time online while feeling like shit about it
>>
>>29397232

If you want to make a company you need a co-founder. You can't make it alone OP. You need someone who shares your vision.
>>
join us in blackpillchat: add me on skype alexball4ch and I'll add you to the Black Pill skypejerk.
>>
>>29397232
You need something that will make you feel alive again. Something with the right amount of challenge to it. I've had a few of those goals in my life, with reasonable time investment in them. Sadly they are all vidya related because I am incapable of understanding how society functions in the eyes of the normal. I've only accomplished a couple of my goals but the thing you desire is fulfillment.

First you must answer what would fulfill you, then you have to do everything in your power to obtain that fulfillment. Become fixated on it, because you have nothing to lose. In my experience, I went berserk and even told my own grandmother "no I don't want to stay and cut your bushes I have something very important to do." It was fucking video games but for the first time in a while it actually mattered because I was on a time limit with daily attempts. I'm usually a doormat that helps my family without question.

After I accomplished that goal I felt satisfied, and quickly empty. The driving force was knowing I could get fucked over easily and conquering something like that drove me to do it. I spited the "tower of despair" in the old days. I spited the people who told me to reroll because I fucked up my skill build in a shitty anime beat 'em up MMO. Spite is a fantastic motivator, if only for a short while.

Now I'm just burnt out because I have nothing left to hate. Even hating normal people has its limits because they have an understandable background of ignorance. I cannot blame them for something they are entirely unaware of.

I guess the moral of the story is to find something you love or hate and go at it. I'm hoping my own spark reignites one day.
>>
Dear OP,
You have to find your own way to live and be productive. For most people it's starting to eat healthy and work out - try that. It won't make your life better but you'll feel more energetic for sure. and It's good step toward discipline.
Then find something to do with your life to keep yourself busy.
Some kind of passion or hobby. It can be anything you like.
I was feeling like you OP but one day when I was high,I decided I want to do anything so I bought a skateboard and started to learn how to skate, just because when I was 6 y old I dreamed about doing cool flip tricks like in TH's Pro Skater games.
It's stupid and I'm way too old for this but feeling of progress is amazing.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.