[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to force yourself to do things? If it wasn't,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: twgok.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twgok.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
Why is it so hard to force yourself to do things?

If it wasn't, NEETs would be learning languages and mastering instruments left and right with all the free time they have. Having a few years of unemployment on your back would be a mark of education and personal development instead of shame, if only you could get around to doing anything.
>>
Because we live in a perpetual state of comfort, disallowing any incentive to change.
>>
I think I wouldn't change anything anyways, even if I were rich.
>>
Have no interests, and loose interest quickly if I try
Wish I had an interest
>>
How do I learn how to program? I imagine I could stumble onto some shit job if I learn something I can do from a computer
>>
>>29396803
Because doing things takes effort. Get into a habit of learning the surface information of things and you'll eventually find something that grabs your interest enough for you to pursue it.
>>
File: du-hast-code.jpg (17 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
du-hast-code.jpg
17 KB, 470x470
>>29397046
I haven't looked into too many languages, but here is my thoughts on getting started.

I like PHP (it has many faults) but the community on IRC and the documentation is really good. But limited what you can do with it, but you can test and see results quickly and shit. Easiest way to get started is looking into LAMP (software bundle) or similar.

If you want to do games and shit I would look into Unreal, Unity or Cryengine to use for making your game. There is other Game engines out there but these are the "big" ones.

Download VisualStudio Community (if on Windows, cant really comment on Linux if that is your preferred OS).

Buy and read "The C (programming language)" tells you all you need to know about C coding (the manual for C)
>>
>>29397046
Grab the book "Automating the boring stuff with Python"
I am reading it right now and it is pretty good. There is a short introduction into general programming concepts: loops, variables, strings, but then you get into actual application, which is somthing a lot of books on programming are missing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.