[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Is Comp. Sci. major a meme nowadays?
>>
It's been a meme since like 2010 maybe earlier
>>
>>29396236
Can you or anyone explain why or how it's a meme?
>>
nice ' ' OP

gg
>>
>>29396236
How do I into tech job? Preferably without racking up truckloads of debt?

thanks in advance
>>
>>29396236
This. It's been a meme for a while OP
>>
>>29396359
forget about tech and get a master's in geology. trust me.
t. insider
>>
you are better off learning how to drive a forklift
>>
>>29396123

Yeah. Everybody and their brother are getting comp Sci degrees

>muh stem
>muh 300k starting
>>
>>29396123
Yep. Most people end up switching since you have to be autistic to get one.
>>
Guise, what about an associates in CS then a bachelor's in physics, say I know how to code and have a few projects on my resume... I'll be marketable right? Say as opposed to someone with just a bachelors in CS.

I love physics but coding comes easy to me and is a more employable degree than just BS in physics.
>>
Good luck passing Calc 2.

Unless.you go to a shit school and you only have Calc 1, then you may as well go clean Toilets.
>>
>>29396123
Should make that pizza instead of getting a tech job
>>
Please heed my advice robots: don't go into CS unless you're genuinely talented. You won't be able to compete with pajeets and changs that work for 10,000 a year. Plus you constantly have to be learning new things and reading documentation endlessly, or else you'll be pretty much unemployable. A lot of ageism in the industry too, so if you aren't in your 20s then you're going to ignored. Also the common sentiment that programming is a good robot job is a meme. You have to deal with people, not as much as other jobs, but still enough so that there are much better choices if you want to stay away from people. Might I also remind you that tech these days is filled with normies.

Better off going into a regulated profession like engineering so poo in loos can't steal your jobs and so that you actually become more valuable as you age. I wish I did.
>>
>>29396123
Every major is a meme now, just get a 4.0 from a useless degree and spend all of the time you saved from picking an easy major networking.
>>
University is a meme all you need to be able to do is network
>>
>>29396488

You'll be over qualified for a low tier job because the stem field is over saturated with the Chinese and indians
>>
I piss in the shower it's great
>>
>>29396375
t. conspiracy theorist
ftfy
>>
>>29396123
everything is a meme
so, yes.
>>
>>29396546
Underrated post right here guys

Upvoted heh
>>
>>29396611

>double doubles

Nice.

But you're correct. I've had 5 jobs over 4 years from networking and I just have a highschool diploma. I'm 24.
>>
>>29396123
>going to college
>having $500k debt
>having to work everyday

NEET is the only way to go.
>>
>>29396666
He's not wrong

nice quads though
>>
File: 1466304895571.png (596 KB, 1131x1154) Image search: [Google]
1466304895571.png
596 KB, 1131x1154
>>29396666
what is this sheit
>>
>>29396546
I'm fine with dealing with other people, and isn't networking a really good way to get a one-up on others, anyway? Even the Pajeets and Changs?
>>
>>29396123
If you have genuine talent AND passion for comp.sci. then go into it. Anyone who picks a field just because job growth and average starting salary looks good at the time is just asking for misery, especially if that job market gets over saturated in their area.
>>
>>29396678
How many of those jobs pay 100k+ ?
>>
>>29396626
Damn, I'm gonna have to think it through then, thanks.
>>
>>29396751

None senpai but I'm not a greedy asshole who needs 100k a year
>>
File: 1466357753982.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1466357753982.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29396123
Yes.

>>29396285
See >>29396409.

Also,
>i wanna make vidya gaemz
>coders are always needed :^)
>i'm gonna work for google or apple and be rich and famous XD
or maybe it's ME who's memeing :^)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.