[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else an atheist who wants to go back to believing? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: holy-spirt.jpg (227 KB, 1123x794) Image search: [Google]
holy-spirt.jpg
227 KB, 1123x794
Anyone else an atheist who wants to go back to believing? How do I find God again? How can I be convinced of His existence?
>>
To be honest I don't think any sane adult with an IQ over about 80 truly believes, it's just a coping mechanism. That's why you only see people willing to die en mass for their religion in low IQ shitholes like Africa and the Mid East.
>>
>>29393067
You can't. Belief is not a choice. Being convinced isn't something you do, it's something that happens to you.

You can't choose to believe any more than you can choose to get sick.

>>29393113
Go google Thomas Aquinas for me sweetcheeks. Plenty of smart people believe strongly.
>>
>>29393067
Tip: >>29393113 is retarded.

99% of people who declare themselves atheists are deeply religious. 'I don't believe in God' doesn't mean that those people stop believing in free will, some sort of 'universal consciousness', 'reality being a simulation', 'reality being subjective', and other nonsense. Materialism and parsimony of beliefs is literally a one-in-a-million affair.
>>
>>29393113
You're fucking dumb.

Just because you have to be a retard to believe in mainstream Christianity doesn't mean a belief in god is far fetched.
>>
>>29393178
In fact, saying 'religious people are idiots' directly correlates with being religious.
>>
>>29393067
Be rational. God's existence can neither be proved nor disproved.

The only reasonable stance with the information we have available is agnosticism.
>>
>>29393296
Agnosticism is crypto-theism.
>>
>>29393321
And atheism is a belief.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.