[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I just tried these in a best buy yesterday and after taking them off I had to adjust to reality.
I can't imagine when waifus and mmos start having support for these VR devices. Honestly, things like girlfriends or even friends would be a bother at that point, VR will set the bar too high.

Kind of scared desu, I and people like me might just finally exit reality. Anyone else experience these god machines?
>>
when they get good material, so far all I see are sub-wii waggling games and graphical demos where you cant even move around the environment you have to teleport around, just let me play an FPS with a controller for fuck sake
>>
>>29392638
Good VR is a good 30 to 50 years off
and that's a kind guess realistically 150 to 250
An even more realistic down to earth guess
Never going to happen
>>
>>29392670
Yeah they are kind of hell bent on the whole body controller stuff. Which, will be nice once more games and the tech reaches maturity, but yeah for now I just want to play games like Minecraft/Rust with a controller + VR.
>>
>>29392694
It's already here nigga
>>
>>29392694
Well yeah, realistic VR is far off, but 'good' is a relative term, what I experienced yesterday was as good as I need it to be in order to lose myself.
>>
File: mw5fyp.png (118 KB, 416x281) Image search: [Google]
mw5fyp.png
118 KB, 416x281
>>29392638
The waifu age is soon upon us bretheren.
>>
>>29392725
>>29392737
It's trash
What good really is would be Star trek holodeck or Matrix tier tech
You leave your conscious body behind and become one with the machines
you can feel the wind and smell the flowers
hear the water and touch all of it

Not sitting on your couch wearing a brick with a strap waving plastic wands around
that's not VR that's just a mini TV screen
that moves with your head hardly VR
It's garbage
>>
>>29392694
Lifelike is that far off.

But you don't need lifelike to lose yourself. It's like spirits within vs pixar movies.
>>
>>29392638

I had been an early supporter of Carmack's Oculus Shit.

I sent money, advocated, evangelized - as I do for all open projects.

Then Carmack sold himself and the Oculus Shit to Facebook. WTF
>>
>>29392851
What you describe sounds indistinguishable from real life and I fucking hate real life. I'm fine with experience clearly virtual worlds.
>>29392815
I used to kinda meme about that years ago on here, but it's actually going to happen. Japan will be the leader there, we just got to pray they do translations and exports of their shit. Or that it becomes easy enough for regular devs on steam to make stuff.
>>
>>29392638
I tried a headset at the Verizon store and I was completely blown away. I'm amazed by how immersive it really was, and that was just a headset for fucking cell phones. I can only imagine how nice they work with more powerful hardware or how advanced they'll be in the near future. I didn't get to try it with motion though, which I hear is where the VR really falls apart because of motion sickness.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.