[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst regrets/mistakes in your life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 1455762400143.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455762400143.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
The absolute worst things that you ever did.

>neglecting my studies after 9th grade causing me to fail one whole year
>not doing 11th and 12th grade in a normal high school, fell for the NEET meme (which actually felt good for that year) when I was 17 and decided to not do anything for one year so I could get into a vocational school later
>falling for the NEET meme again after graduating said vocational school (which is basically a HS equivalent but worse) at age 20, as I didn't bother studying for entrance exams to get into a proper 2 year trade course
>not picking up driving or cars as a hobby early in my life, which means that by the age of 18 I was a completely clueless faggot that failed the driving exam 4 times and easily burned up more than 1000 yurobucks in this
>never bothering with any kind of work in the past
>neglecting skincare and hygiene for most of my life, now my face is honestly disgusting to look at even though I have practically no acne

Now here I am, a 21 y/o NEET that hasn't done literally anything since September. I'll try to enroll into this 2 year course I talked about since NEETdom is starting to hurt, even though that it's higher education it feels like a waste of time but I literally can't get into normal college yet. If I were to graduate this, I could get into college but only for majors that are related to what I'm studying (business administration), and they would only take off about one year off. So if I were to study and finish both things, I would graduate at age 26-27. Pathetic.

I just wish I were smarter in the past. When I was a 15 y/o MMO-obsessed faggot, my only future prospects were to "quit school as soon as possible and become a NEET". Or maybe just "become a NEET forever". Legally I would have been allowed to do this at age 16 but I never actually went through it, probably for the best.

I should just have finished high school at age 18 like a normal person, then go to college right away and graduate at 22. Fuck.
>>
>fell for the college meme
>parents/grandparents paid for it so no debt but since I had no talents or skills I was a history major
>no jobs, no networking, ended up in the same minimum wage job I could have gotten after high school.
>family is utterly dismayed I haven't landed a major job yet because that's what they hear on the news.
>>
>>29392551
So you can literally do nothing with that history degree? How old are you?
>>
DON'T IGNORE MY THREAD NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1457819363693.jpg (104 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1457819363693.jpg
104 KB, 803x688
>acted like a dickhead at the start of highschool
>had no friends
>no female interest

>broke my habits
>made friends
>still no female interest

>fell for the college meme
>tried again
>failed

So I'm stuck in a shitty degree that I fucking hate, my only passion is too late for me to develop professionally and I'm a virgin.

Literally, lads that used to look up to me as a role model in school when I stopped being a prick have already scored like 5 girls.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29392419
This is my biggest regret: falling for the gradecuck and wagecuck memes.
>>
>>29392419

There is no quick deadline to meet. All the things you want to do you can start today and finish them a couple of years later than your ideal, and it won't be a big deal. When you're 30 you'll chuckle at your 21 year old self for thinking it was already too late, that you messed up big. You haven't.

You can also set a new course for yourself.
>>
>>29392419
Wich country do you live in anon?

Also, believe it or not 22 is still a good age for whatever you want to do with your life.

I have a lot of regrets but it is pointless for me to write them and i dont feel like it rite now.
>>
>>29393187
I wish I could believe this. Despite that I'm only 21, it feels that I've wasted all of my life already. And I only really wasted 3 years.

It's just so fucking depressing, most of my classmates from 9th grade are now in their last age of college while I'm still doing NOTHING. Kids younger than me are starting to win at life, too.
>>
>>29392419
>fell for the harem meme animu ingrained in my head
>not fugging qts in highschool
>unironically believed in meme magic
I also regret not going to more orgies
>>
>>29393252
I'm from Spain which makes this mediocrity look somewhat acceptable, since a shitton of young people in this country don't even finish fucking middle school. In truth it's just as pathetic though.
>>
Don't dwell on what you can't change. Focus on what you can and hope for the clarity to distinguish the former from the later

What I mean is, your life is so pathetic that any improvement from here on out is gonna be a win for you so keep your head up. Don't benchmark your experiences by what other people have done by the same age.
>>
>highschool dropout at 16
>social anxiety level up to ~90/100
>falls into depression for over a year
>plays video games all day , like seriously, sleeps 10 hours, plays 10 hours of games 1 hour walk out in the nature ALWAYS night time, 2-3 hours crying/listening to music.
>after 9 months of this shit, gets back together with ex-gf
>starts having social life, still no job , living of parents money.
>depression and anxiety start fading away
>starting going to the gym, lose some fat % gains some muscle
>for some unknown reason depression comes back even though i take Ladose.
>starting falling deeper into depression
>loses social life again
>breaks up with gf again
>cyborg about to become robot at the moment.
worst regret: dropping out , not because of educational and job oportunities, but because i lost all friends and social life.
>>
>>29393401
20yrs old at the moment, in case you wanted to know.
>>
Being born.

Original. More original.
>>
>>29392419
You are only 21 you faggot. Choosing Neetlife for 5 years is a setback but its not even close to the end. If you stop being a NEETfag now you will be fine. Why anyone would want to be a NEET is beyond me.
>>
File: sperm_781690.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
sperm_781690.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>29392419
>The absolute worst things that you ever did.

pic related
>>
File: League_of_Legends_logo.png (159 KB, 502x198) Image search: [Google]
League_of_Legends_logo.png
159 KB, 502x198
>getting into this game

I was starting work as a freelance web developer, and then I was introduced to this

Finding clients was slow going at first but I know if I had stuck with it it would have taken off. Instead this game gradually took up more and more of my time until I was full blown neetmode

I've since stopped and my life has gotten on track but I'm sure I would be happier if I stuck with the web development
>>
>>29393480
>Why anyone would want to be a NEET is beyond me.

Do you have literally zero empathy? It's because it feels good, at least early on. Especially if you're addicted to shitty MMOs or other games and are already neglecting other parts of your life to be able to invest more time in them.
>>
Getting into one of the top 5 art schools of the country/world with at least a 1/4 ride merit scholarship, but being too afraid to go.

Not letting her into my life and being dumb.
>>
>Too beta to ask anyone out to prom in high school.
>Wasted my college experience on the internet instead of making friends, having sex and whatever it is college normies do.
>Too beta to make a move on girl who I had a date with a few years ago who clearly wanted sex.
>Haven't traveled anywhere in my 25 years of life.
>Been a year since I became qualified to sit for the CPA exam, yet wasted time doing pointless bullshit instead of studying for it.
>>
File: 1422809665251.jpg (36 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1422809665251.jpg
36 KB, 400x388
Literally no regrets, ask me anything!
>>
File: 1253804350206.png (186 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1253804350206.png
186 KB, 381x380
>It's the 7th grade
>this girl likes me and asks me to the dance
>I say yes
>One of my friends makes a comment about her not being very attractive
>I continue to be a huge asshole to her for the rest of the year
what the fuck was wrong with me
>>
>>29393594
How come no matter how much sleep I seem to get I can't get up before 2pm?
>>
>didn't work while in school
>graduated uni at age 23 with no experience
>lazily applied to some jobs. Got 1 interview but fucked it up
>basically NEET for like 5 months then dad took me to a temp agency to get a labor job because he was sick of seeing me do nothing all day
>been like 5 years of this labor shit, doing it so long I could probably not get a job in my field now since I'm 27 and have no experience in it
>>
>>29393655

have you considered going to sleep at 10-10:30 PM?
>>
>>29392419
>being born
but if I can't say that, then
>not having enough self-control as a kid
>not learning programming sooner, particularly Java
>not answering phone in early 2007
>not trying harder to find an apartment after graduating HS
>not doing a few things differently in the last year of university
>answering phone in early 2016, twice
also, this
>>never bothering with any kind of work in the past
except I did bother with school work
but that doesn't help much outside school
>>
>Be a Neet who dropped out of high school.
>Train for years to be a classical musician as music is the only thing I'm good at and is a chance to be redeemed
>Do shitty contemporary music course while getting ready to apply for the courses I want as I get paid for it and might compensate dropping out
>Damage my hearing as am forced to play in loud bands while sleep deprived and wearing earplugs that were too light
>Develop hyperacusis and now listening to music is muffled and unpleasant

Still trying to make it but damn does it suck.
>>
>>29393692
Yes but I'm not 65 and I make my own hours at work
>>
>>29393594
bad sex experience/life
stupid stuff you did/said in highschool
stuff you were too pussy to do at the time.

I am sure at least one of these happened.
>>
>>29393859
>bad sex experience/life
of course, so I went to prostitutes only to realize what a literal meme sex is.

>stupid stuff you did/said in highschool
I did a lot of shit that made people laugh at me, typical unajusted weirdo that gets singled out. But why would I want the approval of people that were already hostile to me in the first?
if you find people you actually are comfortable with there is no more this fear of "holy shit I said something or acted inappropiet hope they are not disgusted by me"

>stuff you were too pussy to do at the time.
like what, it that the "ask a girl out" meme?
>>
>>29393532

Kill yourself you bleeding heart reddit pissant. I bet you write shitty ass poetry.
>>
>>29393532

You sound like a huuuuuuge faggot. Are you fifteen or something

You should regret not letting a shotgun into your life.
>>
I was too afraid to transition before my 30s.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.