[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your mental illness/whatever you think is wrong inside,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16
Post your mental illness/whatever you think is wrong inside, with a history/memory about how it affects your life.
>>
Psychiatric nurse here ready to weigh in
>>
I stopped going outside in 2011, I'm 21.
>>
File: 1465709302081.jpg (337 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1465709302081.jpg
337 KB, 550x535
Social anxiety stemming from thinking i'm too thin (I'm 6'1 and 10 stone) and horrible depersonalisation
everything feels like a dream and I can't think.
Advice nurse?
>>
>>29390469
also memory problems :>)
>>
Bipolar and anxiety. Seriously affects my ability to maintain anything over a long period of time.
>>
>>29390469
my memory and fucked up sense of time made me tell someone that an even that happened 2 years ago happened a few months ago. Generally can't function in social situations and anything requiring thought is harder. I Don't use drugs or alcohol
>>
>>29390291
I've had at least 5 people over the course of the year tell me that I am a psychopath.

I have my doubts about psychiatry.
>>
avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder leading into anxiety

can't eat most things without gagging and throwing up so i only eat like 3 things, feel anxious about going out with friends because of this

just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
I think women will never love me but at the same time i think im worth something and won't settle for someone who's clearly uglier than me and likes me just because im 2+ points above her.
>>
>>29390291
I strongly suspect I might have true OCD, but I have no one to talk to about it. Whatever is wrong with me is starting to slowly ruin my life. I can't even enjoy video games anymore.
>>
Bulimia and OCD I suppose and the regular stuff too.

The eating disorder is weird but it's pretty comfy now. Purging is a good way to get rid of anxiety desu
>>
Autism, bipolar, ptsd, adhd
>>
>>29390806
Hello, reddit! How's the invasion going?
>>
How do you know if you're mentally ill?
>>
If you genuinely want for your behaviour to go away but can't, it's probably and most likely a mental illness.
>>
>>29390352
>offers help
>doesn't reply to anyone
are you serious?
>>
>>29390993

Whoops. Backspaced the post number out of my post while typing.
Mr.>>29390993, this was meant for you. >>29391021
>>
I am so horribly lazy and have motivation problems. The only jobs I've had were from nepotism and even that doesn't pay anymore than a slave wage. I have pretty bad memory, too. I'll forget instructions people give me or I'll misplace things regularly. I feel like a destined failure even though I'm not that bad off. Also, I only have one friend and don't know where or how to make more.

Sorry for typing all that, but I can't figure out what it is, if anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1141x1557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1141x1557
>>29390291
A fixation upon Stanley Barrett Phillips
>>
>>29391084
Stupidity. I have it myself, along with autism.
>>
File: 1463489570445.jpg (81 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1463489570445.jpg
81 KB, 1280x853
when i am asleep the pain goes away
when I am awake I want to go back to sleep
rinse and repeat for 10-12hours/day

I should probably just end it
>>
>>29390291
Rapid Cycle Bipolar, Type 1

>I do all of my essays during manic episodes. My professor has called me "extremely talented", and thinks I have the potential to become one of the best students he's ever had.

>During a manic episode, all concepts, however nebulous or obscure, become completely clear to me. I can see the connection between ideas, events and people that I wouldn't usually pick up on. The best bit is that I can perfectly articulate these things, which makes my professor think I'm some kind of prodigy.

>This fucks me over because I have absolutely no confidence in myself or my work when I'm not manic. In addition to this, I actually can't think as clearly or write as precisely, so it's not like the issue is all in my head.

>Fastforward to now, after my latest manic episode has finished. It's been a month since I've had human contact, and I genuinely suspect that people think I'm dead. All I've been doing is sitting in the dark, watching Seinfeld and chain smoking cigarettes.
>>
File: 1466334420192.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466334420192.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
assburgers, ADHD and probably bipolar aswell
>>
>>29391274
There's no bigger disappointment than waking up
>>
>>29390291
I have BPD and depersonalization/dissociative disorder due to childhood abuse. I'm taking medication now that works to reduce all of my psychotic symptoms.

Some of the weird stuff that happened during my teens:
>dozens of OBEs, sleep paralysis almost every night
>delusions/hallucinations that worms were living in my brain and controlling my thoughts
>tried to kill the brain worms by taking too many pills twice
>went through a full-blown episode where I believed I was the reincarnation of Mary Magdalene and the Vatican was trying to kidnap me
>severe anorexia because I thought if I stopped eating, the brain worms would get sick and die off
>hospitalized 4 times between ages 16 and 21
>tried to kill my brother with a car because I believed he had been replaced with a look-alike

All of you non-psychotics are lucky.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 639x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 639x602
>>29390291
I'm somewhat of a sociopath. I mean I get sad when friends and family does but, that's just human nature, right? And I use girls like condoms. (A Serbian Film reference)
>>
>>29391312
Have you ever experienced mania? If you haven't, then you're not bipolar.
>Needing a lot less sleep
>Talking very rapidly or excessively
>Distractibility, fast thoughts
>poor judgment, impulsive and reckless behaviour
>Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity -- unrealistic beliefs in one's ability, intelligence, and powers, possibly with delusions
>easily irritated or angered
>>
>>29391407
Those fit me very well
>>
File: bulimia.jpg (40 KB, 553x432) Image search: [Google]
bulimia.jpg
40 KB, 553x432
>>29390883
Bulimia will fuck you up, anon. Seek help soon because I had a heart attack at age 17 due to purging.
>>
File: 1445007105039.jpg (17 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
1445007105039.jpg
17 KB, 385x387
>>29390805
this is a disorder? im the same way. I want to be normal and try new things but I end up vomiting. I get extremely nervous about things I shouldnt like catered lunch at work or going out to eat at most restaurants. Will probably end up isolating myself so I dont have to show this side of me to acquaintances/friends

at least im not the only one
>>
>>29391312
Mania is literally the highest you'll ever feel. I've done a shit-tonne of drugs before, but none come close to a manic episode.

If you've got bipolar, you'll be the first to know, and there will be no doubt in your mind.
>>
>>29391461
All the time or just sometimes? Mania is extreme, and doesn't last forever. It really fucks up your functioning. If you really think you have bipolar, you should go to a doctor before you hurt yourself or someone else.
>>
File: 1466081145240.png (233 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1466081145240.png
233 KB, 480x640
>>29391616
I get it sometimes, I also forgot to mention that my mother has it aswell
>>29391585
Thanks for the info robot
>>
>>29391585
>If you've got bipolar, you'll be the first to know, and there will be no doubt in your mind.
Bipolar-II can be harder to diagnose because the mania is subtler, so it can seem like you have recurring depression instead.
>>
Bipolar, gender dysphoria (struggling to get over it, don't want to be degenerate), recurring flashbacks of situations (suicide attempts, tantrums, autistic fits), anxiety, OCD, dissociation to get rid of all the memories from previous situations and a few other things.
>>
Chronic Depression for 10 years, diagnosed and only given meds last year for a few months till insurance ran out.

ADHD for probal my whole life, cant get ritalin any more

Paranoid Personality Disposition which has destroyed all of my friendships and chased away any girl who let me into her life

Crippling anxiety which makes me think of my self in the 3rd person all the time, my mind starts to think of alll the negatives and insecurities I have and that people can see them during formality convos.

Anxiety and Paranoia manifests physcially in myself with strange results in my body.

Intrusive thoughts that flow like I am being roasted each and every night, they are more docile during the day.

Terrible sleeping patterns that have not been consistent for 6 years now, staying up for 24 hours is not a big deal and I have done 48 hours about 6 or 7 times in the past 2 years.

Constant nervous and anxious feeling in my gut that results in me not being able to eat.

Spinal Cord injury 6 years and 10 years of pretty much not being sober any of those days, had many spells with different vices.

I want to hero so bad.

I also did shrooms 7 years ago which severely exacerbated all of my problems.
>>
>>29392309

Same poster as above.

I have gone off on month long spells where I was so paranoid or whatever the word is that I legit thought all of my friends were compromised and an Intel agency was spying on me, it didnt help that I was living recklessly to give this delusion legs to walk in my head.

I also have had a chronic feeling that I have died and that my life has really been me burning in hell metaphorically and not knowing I am there but also knowing that this could be a thing.

I also had a spell where I thought people could read my mind and see all of my left turns and bad things I have done.

I also have thought that women can see thru my mind for the past 8 years or so.
>>
>>29392309
>>29384705
It's a 7 part thing. Don't know if it's even helpful.
>>
>>29391692
I don't understand bipolar 2. I have it. Took 4 years from the time. I first thought I had it to get diagnosed.

I know I feel really bad after feeling really good, and I very rarely feel really good.

I know I'm scared of feeling good, and I get really confused and overwhelmed when I am suddenly energized and happy and want to do things. I know that I'd rather go to sleep than figure our how to handle the hypomania.

Help?
>>
>>29392538
Organise an appointment with your doctor, describe your symptoms and see if you can get a referral to a psychiatrist. If it's impacting your life massively, you should be able to get a starter pack of Lithium (or some other mood stabiliser) from your doctor on day one.

What's helped me the most is Serquel. It's designed to put you sleep, but it's closer to a fucking horse tranquilliser than a muscle relaxant or sleeping medication. There is danger of misuse, though. Not because of recreational value (although some does exist, just not in a form that normies would understand), but because you'll be tempted to sleep through the downs and stay awake on the ups. Regardless, Seroquel is definitely something I recommend. You'll sleep deeply for inhuman amounts of time, which cushions the counter balance depression.
>>
>>29390550
Maybe you should try drugs then. I couldn't get any worse, right.
>>
>>29392717
I'm pregnant. I'm too paranoid to take meds. Was thinking of starting st. John's wort again. Midwife said it's ok. My student doctor friend said it may make other meds ineffective, but that's all she pointed out.

I've wanted lithium for years though.

I was looking for mental programming steps really.

I technically have 3 therapists right now that I see once to 4 times a month each now.

I am on a suicidal funk again. Can't stand being alone lately and can't handle the abuse of my ex.

Everyone tells me everything is my fault for not trying harder.

Aspergers.
BPD.
Bipolar 2.
Anxiety state.
Major recurrent depression.
PTSD (undiagnosed).
>>
>>29392538
>I know I'm scared of feeling good, and I get really confused and overwhelmed when I am suddenly energized and happy and want to do things

You're almost definitely not any kind of bipolar then. When you're experiencing a manic episode, there's literally nothing than can worry you.

You feel like you could go toe-to-toe with Mike Tyson and beat him to a bloody pulp. You feel like you could write the next Great American Novel if you wanted to. There's absolutely nothing that can stop you -- not a particular person, a combination of people, any events or divine intervention itself. You feel absolutely invincible.

Also, it's never a sudden feeling. You feel it fade in like the beginning of an 80's synth song, or like the opening credits of a film.
>>
>>29392459

what and how does that apply to my post, was is 7 part thing?
>>
I can't stop eating, I just had two hamburgers for dinner and now an hour later im eating another one while taking a shit
>>
>>29391407
I regularly experience these
a-am i bipolar?
>>
>>29395681
Do you display any psychotic symptoms? Only a doctor can tell you if you're bipolar.
>>
File: 1466257489281.jpg (8 KB, 490x117) Image search: [Google]
1466257489281.jpg
8 KB, 490x117
who else feels /completelyemptyinside/? I just feel so worn out all the time, all of my ideas and thoughts seem so old and tired. Is this what hell is like?
>>
Schizophrenia.

I didn't leave the house for like 10 years due to paranoia. I have 0 friends. I don't mean that in the normie way. I know literally nobody, onlin eor offline. I only know my family.
>>
>>29395681
Not if you experience it "regularly", as in on a bi-daily basis. People who suffer from Rapid Cycle BPD will alternate weekly at absolutely maximum.
>>
File: pepe123.png (67 KB, 1800x1836) Image search: [Google]
pepe123.png
67 KB, 1800x1836
I'm pretty sure I have OCD. not normie meme OCD, it really fucking annoys me and ruins things I used to find fun. I haven't gone to a psychiatrist but i am 99% sure it is OCD.
>>
>>29397413
>make chracter on MMO
>choosed wrong skin color
>remake character with new skin color
>miss old skin color
>quit because I spent like 100 hours remaking characters over and over
>never actually play the game
suffering
>>
>constant mood swings
>one minute feel pretty good
>next feel very depressed
>depression is the main mood that normally stays
>even if i feel happy it is buzzed out by the internal numbness and depression
>anxious whenever I am around people
>mess everything up
>kind of autistic
Just Fuck My Shit Up
>>
>>29397471
Pick the least black option. How hard can it be?
>>
>>29397557
I would be obsessed with being darker if I chose it.

If I chose a darker one I would be obsessed with being whiter. There is no end to it.

I figured out the solution, though. It was to be draenei and just choose the first blue color.
>>
>>29397297
Aren't mixed episodes fun?
>>
i have frontal lobe damage, i have trouble being human
>>
File: today-we-remind-them.jpg (62 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
today-we-remind-them.jpg
62 KB, 600x609
Schizo affective disorder here.

i've slowly begun to lose my grip on things and even though I'm "coming out of my shell" I can tell the people around me know how deeply disturbed I am because they talk to me for a little while and then suddenly don't reply once we talk long enough.

on one hand I'm starting to have trouble even forming basic sentences and things of that nature but I'm somehow able to function on a high enough level to animate in source filmaker and make 3 minute long anims.

I have no idea what's happening, I feel like im on autopilot, I haven't really been deeply thinking about anything the way i normally do just going through the motions.
>>
>>29390805
Fucking lucky. I eat everything in sight.
>>
>>29397663
I've been around my fair share of schizophrenic/schizoaffective/psychotic people, and it seems like it's very common to not be able to form sentences right and express yourself properly. Word salad is a thing. Though I don't know if that's really what you're talking about.
>>
>>29397663
Are you sure it's not the antipsychotics? I've felt less human since being put on them. But it's also possible I'm blaming them for affects of the illness, idk.
>>
>>29390291
Im addicted to fapping only to kimber James
>>
>>29397836
How is fapping to qtpie traps a mental problem Kimber James doesnt even have a penis anymore so its not gay to fap to her
>>
File: 6867887c5135435cad9de74ab0660440.jpg (643 KB, 2011x1080) Image search: [Google]
6867887c5135435cad9de74ab0660440.jpg
643 KB, 2011x1080
I go through periods of psychosis that i think is triggered by petty stimulants like caffeine, taurine, ephedrine or whatever.

I'm depressed and absolutely garbage at interacting with people.

i exclusively like lolis romantically
>>
>>29397887
You just casually get psychotic and then go back to normal? Do you really mean full blown psychosis?
>>
>>29397836
I prefer Baily Jay over Kimber but they both make me hard as fuck
>>
>>29397911
it's not so much as casually getting it but i'll have too much stimulants for too long and then i'll start hearing voices and getting delusional

I learned how to make walls get closer and further to me by focusing and all kinds of weird things.
>>
>>29397976
You get that just from caffeine and shit? I really wonder what would happen if someone gave you meth.
>>
>>29397763

that is what I'm talking about. the odd irony is that i used to be good at prose and alliteration and writing in general until i got fucked over by depicote.

>>29397798

I actually have just gotten off of them, i was taking one called INvega and it fucked me so bad i was in the hospital with two iv's in be due to it sucking the potassium out of my body. I was hearing the angels during that shit jesus fuck. it happened about a day ago now.
>>
>>29398173
I looked up that drug, sounds pretty fucking sketchy. Killed 21 Japs. I'm scared of meds which can get toxic. I have three bottles of lithium which I didn't take on my desk.
>>
>>29397976
>tfw you will never impregnate the Yasuna
>>
>>29398173
I was on invega while I was in the hospital and it fucked up my heart so they had to change it. Still have to take beta blockers.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.