[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else currently seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1383769185075.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1383769185075.gif
957 KB, 500x418
Anyone else currently seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist or is in some sort of therapy/counseling? I just had my second session with a new male psychologist and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I keep catching this guy watching the clock during our sessions and I'm trying my best to explain my problems with anxiety and his first reaction is to tell me to try this meditation/awareness exercise which I can't really see the benefit of. Is there any merit to it?
>>
>>29388143
I saw therapists for a few years, 4 or 5 different ones. what I learned from it was that talking about my problems doesn't help me or make me feel better in any way and that I'm happier when I bottle things up

I think it doesn't help most men
>>
I've been seeing a psychologist and took medication for about a year and a half (stopped 2 months ago), My depression has gotten a lot better. Is the because of the psychologist? I don't know, probably. There's a reason it's the recommended cure to depression. Good luck.
>>
No the Jew does not have any merit. The efficacy of meditation is undebatable, and of greater affect than placebo, which is all psychiatry can do and is often more dangerous and much more expensive.

Meditation is to measure, but meditation is not a procedural repetition. Focusing on your breath vispassana is one meditation object. Check out Wim Hoff for an extreme example of the austerity which is possible.

Meditation will rewire your brain in a month with daily attempts at practice.

If you are unable to consider that change can come from inside from the 'small still voice', perhaps consult a plant teacher (who's been in practice for eons, when Allopathy was borne from big oil and congress, and psychology to provide insights into the control of goyim by the international jew.
>>
>>29388143
Have been going to a female therapist for half a year now. I don't find her input particularly insightful but I like having someone I can practice expressing myself to and to reflect on my actions and emotions, finding the patterns. What's important is that you trust your therapist. I don't trust mine all the way (not revealing all my skeletons in the closet), but enough to make some progress.

Every now and then I feel like I shouldn't go anymore ,that it's stupid, that she's incompetent, that she's not interested enough or whatever. But that strikes me as black and white thinking. When I have an issue with her I try to bring it up, and usually it resolves. I see this as an opportunity, it's up to me to make the change, it's a stepping stone, it doesn't have to be perfect. If you observe closely you might actually notice some progress. Of course eventually I'll stop going but not out of a kneejerk reaction.

I've already bought into the idea of meditation (with a pleb tier understanding of it) before going there. And just recently got into awareness. RSD Tyler, Actualized, "Waking up", "Power of Now" sold me on it. I'm not 100% that this will work out in the long run, but I will continue my efforts to explore this. So far it appears that it has made me less anxious. At the same time it's scary to think I have no control and that I need to let go.
>>
>>29388143
I've been seeing psychologists/psychiatrists/therapists of some sort for 6 years now. Went through a LOT of bad ones before I got to the people I'm currently seeing. The keys to effective treatment are competent help, and then your willingness to follow their direction. If you are doing everything you can in therapy and it's still not going anywhere, chances are you have a shit doctor. Most people who are suffering from mental illness don't have the patience to go and try someone else, but it can make the difference between effectively treating your illness and wasting a bunch of time and energy for nothing.

Meditation/awareness exercises can be very beneficial for people suffering from anxiety. There is merit to it if you genuinely buy into it and do it religiously, not if you half-ass it, though. I personally got no benefit from it because I have more going on than just anxiety that needed medication and different kinds of therapy, but in your case I think it could definitely help to give it a try.

If anyone has any questions about different kinds of therapy, medication, therapists in general, I'd be happy to try and help.
>>
>>29388143
I feel like I should, but I don't trust them.
>>
>>29388143
I have never been to psychologist, even when there a lot of things indicating for my parents what I should of seen him at least one or two times, like when I "tried" to kill myself when I was about 12. I will probably be seeing one now, though, as I recently "tried" it again. Any suggestions?
>>
>>29389592
Stop being an attention whoring faggot?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.