[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hairloss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (393 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
file.png
393 KB, 600x582
I'm 22 and noticed my hairline is starting to regress. It's not visible yet but I was measuring it because my dad is bald so i was expecting it

i went to the doctor and i'm now on propecia and rogaine. My only concern was with propecia because one possible side effect is your dick breaking, but mine hasnt (yet) so theres that

has anyone had experience with this sort of treatment? how did it go?
>>
anyone with any stories of hair loss?

also shameless bump
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 554x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 554x568
>>29387195
started losing hair at 15. now 20, and half bald. i want off this ride.
>>
>>29387455
thats tough m8

did you ever try the treatment though?
>>
>>29387471
no, any sort of treatment only delays or slows the hair loss, as far as im aware. treatment is costly, has side effects, and cannot regrow lost hair, to my knowledge. i just keep it as short as possible and hope i can compete
>>
delays or stops*
>>
you can always just shave the lot but then its just down to your facial structure.
>>
>>29387588
there's two medications as i mentioned in the OP

propecia is the one which as you mentioned slows down the hair loss. that's the same one which has potential side effects. I got this info from my doctor, basically 8% of people reported side-effects. it's not low but it isnt doomsday stuff either

rogaine is an over the counter foam or gel. Thats the one that is proven to re-grow hair (tho some people have limited success with it).

the main problem with both is that you have to stay on them indefinitely otherwise the effects stop immediately and the hairloss resumes.

it's not *that* expensive. The Rogaine is the expensive one and that was $150 for a 3 month pack. The propecia is cheap as chips (like $20) but thats because im Australian and its heavily subsidised by our guberment, might be different in your country

but i have no idea if either will work for me, only been on them for a few days. If I can delay hairloss for a few years id be more than happy
>>
>>29387621
whatever your facial structure, having the option to not be bald is always preferable to going bald (obviously). GUESS theres no point GOiNG ON ABoUT IT xdDDd
>>
>>29387648
if delaying hair loss would make you happy then go for it m8 and i hope it works 4 u. im in UK, never bothered checking prices because im just going to allow myself to lose it now, if im going to lose it later anyway. feelsbadman
>>
>>29387716
yeah its shit m8, fuck genetics

is your dad bald?
>>
my dad went bald early on but my mums side has strong hairlines with my grandad going bald at like 65. just hoping i get my dads side so i have an excuse to kill myself.
>>
>>29387739
yeah he is, as is my older brother. that definitely plays a role
>>
>>29387793
yeah doesnt work like that m8, the mums side thing is a myth

not one male on my mums side has lost a strand of hair. but every male on my dads has. and here i am balding. for me it hit as im about to turn 23
>>
>>29387828
thats what i was hoping for
>>
i guess the bald guys with only strong hairlines in their famalams have it much worse, it hit them out of nowhere, at least us guys with bald relatives had a forewarning
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.