[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the last few years i have developed a dependence on alcohol when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: alcohol-500x363.jpg (46 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-500x363.jpg
46 KB, 500x363
the last few years i have developed a dependence on alcohol
when i was a kid i looked forward to spending 2 hours every night catching the latest episode of pokemon, dbz and all that good stuff. i'd get lost in video games for hours
as a teenager entire nights would fly by as i played world of warcraft, one minute i'd be eating dinner and before i knew it i'd look out the window and the sun would be coming up.

now that i'm in my 20s nothing has changed in that i'm still watching anime and playing games all night but i can't sit down and enjoy it unless i'm drinking
i feel it's taking an unhealthy toll on my body and causing me to age faster. all my life i would look younger than what i was but now it seems it's catching up to me

anyone else out their got the same problem? what can be done about it? i just can't enjoy anything anymore unless i'm drunk
>>
File: 1458064626582.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1458064626582.png
57 KB, 600x434
I feel you, anon
I have been having trouble with alcohol dependence too, but AA meetings really helped me
>>
File: 1465057746069.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1465057746069.gif
2 MB, 400x300
Pulled my drinking back to two nights a week. Tuesdays and Saturdays.

The nights in between have become pure torture of restlessness and anxiety, so I basically just load up some ibuprofen pm and knock myself and sleep my days away.
>>
File: image.gif (907 KB, 400x217) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
907 KB, 400x217
I am drunk almost every night, quite drunk in fact, but that's been going on for like three years. Only the last four months have I been a big gamer, PSO2, because I moved away from my twin brother and it's all we can do to hang out (like 14 hours away) so I do it a lot. It makes it more fun imo, everything is more intense feeling. And as far as anime been watching for over a decade and it's tons of fun on drugs (snort ketamine and watch paprika you are welcome) and super fun drunk.
I usually take a break for a few days once every 1-2 months. I'm definitely dying but I personally don't care cause it's fun as hell. But as far as stopping just stop, for like a few weeks you'll want to skin a baby but then you'll be fine. People who can't quit things are pussies. I didn't even have that much trouble quitting heroin FFS and I did that a LOT back in the day.
>>
Anon what are your symptons?
I'm only 23 and I saw a doctor that told me to go to a detox; apparently I was at risk of a seizure and other conditions if I quit cold turkey
I drink an avg. of 20 - 30 drinks a day (au) but I can still work in hard labour and make all of my classes but I simply cannot get out of bed without knowing Ill be getting drunk soonafter
>>
> load up some ibuprofen pm and knock myself and sleep my days away.

Might as well drink if you're just going to destroy your liver anyway.
>>
>>29386109
I found AA to be one big pity party, maybe it's different for each area but where I am it almost seems to be a competition when sharing stories about who bad the shittiest childhood and whose done the worst things

>>29386271 is me btw

how old are you?
>>
>>29386271
replied to my own post by accident.
how old are you and how long have you been drinking?
>>
File: 1423641001010.jpg (70 KB, 524x546) Image search: [Google]
1423641001010.jpg
70 KB, 524x546
Just fucking quit now robots, I am warning you it's not pretty
>>
>>29386271

20-30 a day is way too much.. are you trying to die before age 30?
>>
I am finding that I am drinking way too much too. Started off as a few drinks a night and was stable at a bottle of wine a night for the best part of a year which was fine as I got a nice buzz and no adverse effects the next day.

However now I find myself drinking more and more and am trying to reign it back in to sensible levels. Been drinking a lot of beer and put on a couple of stone which isn't good.

Switching to sipping whisky slowly which seems to be working pretty well so fingers crossed. I know I really should limit it to weekends only, but to be honest I really like the feel of a nice relaxing buzz so I am fine with drinking every night for now.
>>
>>29386950

I was the same, started at 1 bottle of wine and worked my way up to 2-3

I'm back down to 1 bottle (~8.5 standard drinks here in aus) on my drinking days, and try to limit myself to 3 times per week, which i reckon should be sustainable indefinitely with little to no negative health effects
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.