[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Pen and Paper game with robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Friend computer.gif (37 KB, 290x320) Image search: [Google]
Friend computer.gif
37 KB, 290x320
Hey, did any robots want to try doing an online pen and paper game? I kind of want to try Paranoia, it's pretty cool.

Everyone's in an underground complex ruled by an insane AI called the Friend Computer, who's on a witch hunt for traitorous mutants. Every player is a traitor in a secret society, every player is a mutant, with 5 back up clones for if (when) they get killed, remember, Treason is punishable by death.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Paranoia
>>
File: 1464921002525.gif (2 MB, 352x200) Image search: [Google]
1464921002525.gif
2 MB, 352x200
>>29385762
Shill somewhere else, faggot
>>
>>29385786
OK.
Where do I get friends to play pen and paper games with?
>>
>>29385786
well shit.
Guess I have no ideas
>>
Good God,someone else knows about that?

The Computer is Happy.
The Computer is Crazy.
The Computer wants YOU to be happy.
This will drive you crazy!

(Or so went the ad for it)
Never played it myself,but members of my ADnD group tried it at a con once. They said it was fun,and it became a Thing to point out real life Paranoia Food,so named as to not mention any actual foodstuff made with it(like Tropical Delight,Pringles or Ruffles),since the Computer would just recycle your dead clone body by dumping it in the protein vats. So a goal of dying in game was to die so spectacularly there would be nothing left of a corpse for reprocessing.

As to finding players for real life gaming,employ your Google-fu and look up wargaming stores,rpg websites and local sci fi cons,the smaller the better. You will find like minded folk for sure,or maybe advertise for your own group.
>>
I would be down for but I've never played a pen and paper game before
>>
>>29386306
That is fine, I think.
>>
File: Friend comp.gif (13 KB, 267x238) Image search: [Google]
Friend comp.gif
13 KB, 267x238
So, elaborating on the OP, everyone does have 6 clones, and is a member of a secret society.
They are all troubleshooters, who see trouble, and then shoot it. They are sent out on missions, where the objectives are usually impossible, and their secret society is breathing down their neck to accomplish their objective as well.
It's set in a world where everyone's lives are determined by their clearance, ground Infared to ultraviolet, with colors in between.
The players are the second lowest, at Red. Every player is in a branch, and has a special roll be it hygiene officer or team leader, and when the mission inevitably fails, has to justify who gets killed during the debriefing.
>>
>>29386230
That requires a lot of socialization, wouldn't playing with Robots be easier?
>>
Is anyone else interested in playing?
>>
File: IMAG010 (2).jpg (204 KB, 1030x967) Image search: [Google]
IMAG010 (2).jpg
204 KB, 1030x967
>>29386451
Finding living people to roleplay with requires effort and socializing. This is not inheritantly bad. You might find that people willing to sit down and roll dice to perpetuate orginized make believe will also be into other nerdy things. My friends I played Dungeons and Dragons with went to conventions,were into Medival recreation,comics,art and history among other things. And since this was done in the remote past where computers were like pic related,and the Internet a mad dream,nerds had to socialize in order to locate each other.

So find some. You might find friends,and you might find lovers too. And gaming is a lot more fun without a screen between you.
>>
>>29387038
Inspiring, but I'll probably spend the rest of my life sitting in front of a computer, anyway.
>>
>>29387173
Is that computer, your FRIEND?
>>
>>29385762

I'd like to play this game OP, But Ihave to go to bed now unfortunately.
>>
>>29387563
Well, send me an email I guess then.
[email protected]
>>
>>29385822
Maybe the fucking traditional games board?
>>
>>29387740
Those people are social, besides, /r9k/ has no topic.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.