[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I so bad at dota? I've invested 1000 hours and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1450070990851.jpg (828 KB, 3000x2119) Image search: [Google]
1450070990851.jpg
828 KB, 3000x2119
How am I so bad at dota? I've invested 1000 hours and I'm still garbage.
>>
>>29384108
I played that game for 20 FUCKING MINUTES at the REQUEST of a friend. He SCREAMED at me the ENTIRE match. needless to say we are no longer friends and that game is for retarded casuals
>>
>>29384122
that's what it's like, right? I'd love to have someone to improve myself with but I feel like the entire time it would just be like that.
>>
what is the most challenging/fun game for xbox one
>>
Watch your replays
>>
Play with someone good and ask them for help.
>>
>>29384108
You are either:
>Peruvian Shitter
>Brazilian Shitter
>Russian Shitter
Choose one.
>>
Read up on deliberate practice, OP. Just because you're playing doesn't mean you're learning much from the experience. You need to concentrate on what you're doing and how well it works, how it could be better.

It's a very popular game so I'm sure you'll even find training regimes if you're serious about improving. But above all, when playing a game the most important thing is that you are enjoying yourself so don't practice away the fun.
>>
>>29384122
>dota
>competitive game with one of the steepest learning curves
>for casuals
you're stupid
>>
You should play fighting games OP.
>>
4000 hours played, 5000 match making points. Just play more OP. Also watch replays from stuff like the Majors and put it on player perspective
>>
>>29384108
1. Learn to pick. A lot of times, games are lost just because some picks were retarded and even if you do well in early or mid, unless you end the game you will lose.
2. Learn to farm. Seriously, learn to last hit, to deny, to predict tower hits so you don't lose lh, to rotate to jungle and lane in case their team doesn't let you freefarm. If you are a supp, learn to stack and take that lh if the carry is nowhere around. If you're an offlaner solo, try at least to guranatee yourself that ranged creep xp.
3. Learn to rotate. Even if you are a hard carry, some fights are very profitable, for ex. the ones under your towers. If your team is not doing very well in fights then help, don't afk farm while the enemy is pushing your rax.
4. Learn to talk. Propose ideas, smoke, push, rosh, gank. Never go alone unless you're in that golden moment that lasts for about 5mins (farmed slark against squishy ints). Never think that if you managed 2-3kills by solo ganking, the enemy will keep staying alone for you to farm them. If they are retards, congratz, you won.
>>
>>29384313
99% of Dota players are shit, you idiot.
>>
>>29384454
Yes, it's a competitive game for stupid little kids that think button pressing makes them suparhardcoar!!!!!
>>
>>29384108
One of the biggest peoblems in lower brackets is that everyone is a sellfish cunt. Rarely will anyone discuss picks, but if they can't get safelane farm, they will jungle, even tho you don't need a jungle. *you slark bot? Ok i'll legion jungle*. It works sometimes because the enemy picks are shit or you're just lucky, but in higher brackets this doesn't happen.

Also, these sellfish cunts will steal farm. Yes, in a lot of cases, it's not your fault that you don't end the game with 300lh (as a carry ofc), it's your teams' fault. I've seen lots of times how you're just moving towards a lane ti def a huge wavr of creeps and a Tide or some other offlane/sup just tp's in and takes the wave. Even tho he has his dagger and his only use if of his ravage, while you need a constant intake of gold to be effective. In pro games, the carry always has a place to farm, and there are never more than 2 picks that require farm, assuring that at least one spot is available. But since ppl are sellfish cunts,, they will either jungle, push lanes solo (as supp) or def when you are around so they make sure you stay underfarmed.

As a supp, mute everyone that asks for wards. No, you don't need 4 wards at all times on the map, you're just wasting gold. 1 ward for the mid in early is great, and another ward for defensive purposes on your lane is also great. If you gank, place a ward in the enemy jungle or in that lane where that fucking AM keeps farming. When teamfighting, place wards where you will fight. 5 manning t2 bot? A ward to see when the enemies are coming is great. Ignore retards that think they should have maphack level of warding. Report retards that die in the enemy jungle alone, without requesting help, and then screaming as to why are there no wards in the enemy jungle where you never went. Those ppl are toxic, sellfish cunts that make supporting a terrorizing ordeal instead of being a very calculated position that can decide the outcome of teamfights.
>>
I quit playing around a month ago, admitting I would never go over 4.1k mmr cuz I am just shit at it.

10k+ hours invested since 2003.
>>
>>29384875
>t. 3.5k all star
>>
>>29384454
>steepest learning curves
m8 its league with gold loss and you can a-click your creeps don't kid yourself like this. seriously though this made me laugh
>>
File: smug asuka.jpg (219 KB, 560x577) Image search: [Google]
smug asuka.jpg
219 KB, 560x577
>>29384777
>>29384851
>t. LOL babby
Whats the matter, couldn't get any last hits?
Was it too hard for you?
>>
>>29386514
>m8 its league with gold loss
Makes it harder
>you can a-click your creeps
Denying creeps to prevent your enemy from gaining gold and XP is requires skill, and if your enemy can do it well you may be fucked
I'm not sure what your point is here.
>>
File: DANTE.png (24 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
DANTE.png
24 KB, 208x208
>>29384108
As with literally everything that's remotely difficult, most people don't ever get good at dota. They just kinda plod along and stay at a shit to mediocre level.
This is more to do with not knowing how to improve at something than just literally not being physically/mentally capable of getting better.
You need to know what being good looks like, honestly assess your own play and then figure out how you're going to fix the areas in which you suck.

For most people, what this guy >>29384648 said is about right. Those are the key skills in dota and you need to practise them consciously.

Approach every game with those things in your head and think about whether or not you're doing those things throughout the game. Do not get angry at your team mates even if they're god awful ragers. Focus on how you could be playing better. Watch your replays and see where you messed up or weren't playing optimally. Remember those things and try to fix them next time.
>>
I'd say the easiest way is to do as follows
>watch professional games to learn the meta, counter meta, strats, builds etc
>read the patch notes
>last hit practice a lot, if you can get items fast, the game lies in your hands
>find out who "your" hero/es are, and master them
>>
You suck because you just mindlessly play instead of thinking about what you're doing wrong and how to improve.
>>
>>29384108
If you're not a competitive person who fucking HATES losing, you're never going to get good at things like Dota. It's a game for people who want to excel in everything they invest their time into.
>>
>>29388747
Hon is the real answer you fuckin normies.
>>
>>29388779
>he thinks a dead game can be competitive
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.