[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you listen to old time radio shows, robots? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: oldradio.jpg (304 KB, 1028x667) Image search: [Google]
oldradio.jpg
304 KB, 1028x667
Why don't you listen to old time radio shows, robots? It's the perfect escape to alternate worlds--the GOAT tier robot hobby. If y'all are interested, I would be more than happy to give recommendations or whatever for those just getting into it.
>>
Listening to a CBS radio mystery theater adaptation of a Guy de Maupassant short story right now. Good stuff, my dudes.
>>
File: wwwings.jpg (263 KB, 701x1000) Image search: [Google]
wwwings.jpg
263 KB, 701x1000
I listen to Jean Shepherd broadcasts from the 60s and 70s and taped financial talk radio shows I recorded when I was a kid in the 1980s and 1990s.

Radio is my favorite medium.
>>
>>29382905
Financial talk radio shows that won't even be relevant? Not trying to be mean at all, but dang that's a lot of the tisms showing all at once
>>
>>29383020
it deals more with personal financial matters. stuff like how does liability work if some kid gets injured walking through your yard; what to do when a house painter stops showing up to paint your house halfway through the job; when is it worth it to stop carrying collision and comprehensive insurance on your car
>>
>>29383099
Ok I see. Still weird, but not nearly as much as I thought. At least you're improving yourself while doing it. I wish I had the attention span to do so.
>>
Seriously, you're missing out on the comfiest hobby of all time if you don't get into this
>>
I hate sound that isn't background noise music. I dislike the radio.
>>
File: 1465923517630.png (31 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
1465923517630.png
31 KB, 720x644
Is NPR good these days? Or are you saying that I should listen to 20th Century radio?
>>
>>29383296

i prefer commercial free podcasts of talk radio shows over NPR.
>>
>>29382698
post links guys ? im trying to get comfy
>>
>>29383296
I mean as in like stuff from 1940-1960 and about 1974-1981
>>
>>29383357
What genre are you in the mood for? Old school spooky, slightly campus sci-fi, cop shows, mystery, what? I can recommend based on taste or just send a link of what I'm listening to at the moment
>>
>>29383394
actually all of those sound interesting but i am very interested in mystery / supernatural
>>
>>29383357

Comfiest thing I've got

http://canadapodcasts.ca/podcasts/Shepaday/3309061

My fav story starts at about 20:20
>>
>>29383428
Aight my dude lemme find you something
>>
i only listen to podcasts, gramps.
>>
>>29383428
>>29383451
Try this on for size. This site has like 1400 45-min episodes that are pretty comfy.
http://www.cbsrmt.com/episode-66-black-cat-the.html
>>
>>29383506
you're a life changer my guy thank you so much i was needing a new hobby
>>
>>29384043
Yeah man no problem! I would also recommend checking out some older shows from the 40's and 50's, namely Suspense, Escape (both thriller-type shows that have a mix of horror, mystery, and adventure) Murder at Midnight (kind of campy creepy show, pretty old), The Shadow (and old superhero series), Night Beat (charismatic detective series), and Theater Five (anthology series that has similar stuff to CBS Radio Mystery Theater)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.