[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else just killing time with no interest in anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
Is anyone else just killing time with no interest in anything that they do while just waiting for the depression to go away?

I watch movies to waste an hour or two of the day and forget about them immediately after watching them. I play videogames with zero investment into the story and the only emotion I feel when playing multiplayer games is bitter impatience.

I go into automatic machine mode when at work where all human interaction is a facade to make sure people don't really take notice of me and how little I care about any of them.

I wake up exhausted, I slog through the day and busy myself with frivolities to keep myself from thinking about how much I hate being alive.
>>
>>29382668
>while just waiting for the depression to go away?

No, it's never going to go away
>>
>>29382668
This anon is right, OP, >>29382673

Your depression will not go away any time soon if you continue to live the same way. You gotta make changes.

Stay strong, OP.
>>
>>29382743
>Your depression will not go away any time soon if you continue to live the same way. You gotta make changes.

Thats not what I said though.

I said it NEVER goes away. Doesn't matter what you try to do
>>
>>29382743
>changes
Vagueness only makes roboticism worse, but that's to be expected from driveby normalfags imposing their positive outlooks on others.

Instead of watching movies or playing games, just sleep. Sleep and sleep, and when you wake up, keep a notebook. Write down whatever you want in it. What you're feeling, what you miss, what you want, how you could get it or how it's impossible. Fictional ideas like a story or dialogue for made up people. But sleeping is the most important, because a miserable day awake is just wasted.
>>
>>29382668
Depression is a weak filter. You either survive it or you where never supposed to live thst long inn the first place
>>
File: 1461475305741.jpg (74 KB, 490x488) Image search: [Google]
1461475305741.jpg
74 KB, 490x488
>>29382668
i feel the same you and i are brothers senpai
>>
>>29382823
Yeah but that's what you meant tho
>>
>>29382668
The same as you minus the wage slaving normalfaggotry.

I spend my days passing the time anon. My day normally looks like this:
>Wake up
>Check my emails hoping something in there will change my life
>Nobody ever emails me
>Check the boards I've posted on for new posts
>Usually no replies
>Spend another few more hours browsing image boards hoping to find something to do
>Recently started getting into lewd camming because its the only time I feel anything
>Next ill watch a movie, watch some TV series, etc
>Break that up with video games
>If I have any attention left I'll read a book but usually I just flick through web browser tabs and image boards
>Recently learned that everyone I've spoken to hates me and that diagnostically speaking I'm incapable of making human connections
>Kill me now

I don't like living like this. My life has taken a dive lately and now I'm just passing the time. Sometimes I stare at walls and want to scream because there's no reason to do anything and I have nothing else to do.
>>
>>29382937
What do you want that would change your life?
>>
>>29382937
Kek it's actually the consequences of a life bad lived
>>
>>29382996
>>29383104
There's nothing I can do. I'm mentally ill and can't function. I've already done all that I can.
>>
>>29382668

Have you ever thought there might be a chemical reason behind how you're feeling? Like you're lacking in essential nutrients?
>>
>>29383204
if you decide you can't function: you won't.

a renewed perspective coupled with persistence is the only thing that will save you now.

try to adopt a more positive and proactive attitude. become more resilient to failure and disappointment. don't be so sensitive or learn how to manage your thoughts and emotions. you have put yourself in a box. time to get out or give up.
>>
>>29383254
I don't think you understand mental illness. You can't just wish it away with a positive attitude. Imagine going up to someone with autism and saying they just need to change their perspective :^)

Thanks for your well meaning advice but it doesn't help me.
>>
File: 1386099401122.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1386099401122.png
65 KB, 285x276
>tfw nothing wiIl change
>>
>>29383204
It's not about what you can and can't do. What would you want that would change things? The answer can be anything or nothing.
>>
>>29383281
Actually I do understand mental illness. I have it.

I know that self-victimization is one of the major hallmarks of mental illness. I know you are in a severe state of denial. the very fact that you refuted my advice so swiftly and deftly is proof that you're afraid of making proactive choices and constructive steps to improve your situation.

I can't help you.

Only YOU can help you.

I never said having a positive attitude will make things go away. What I'm telling you is that you have to adopt a positive and proactive attitude and take constructive steps to improve your situation. If you continually assume everything will fail and there's no hope, then why are you posting this thread? Stop wasting our time.

You have the power to fix your situation. If you don't believe that, then you're weak. I have dealt with mental illness all my life, most likely far more severe than your own. I have had over 8 surgeries and struggled with a physical disability since birth. I know Mental Illness, and I know that faggots like you use the terminology of Mental Illness as an excuse to act weak and cowardly.
>>
>>29383365
You're trash. Take your 'advice' elsewhere, because it's no currency here. You may as well be shitposting images of generic 'Get Well Soon' cards. This is a place for constructive ideas, not mountaintop posturing.
>>
>>29383401
You are the weakest variety of scum. You post a whiny, crybaby thread, and then when someone actually gives a shit and gives you the tough advice you need, you lash out.

Coward. Enjoy your feels. I struggle with mental illness, but I'm not going to let it dominate me. You're just weak and your thread is pathetic.
>>
>>29383425
But you don't give a shit, that's abundantly clear by the nature of your responses. You're performing a more abstract form of virtue signaling, not providing any steps forward. You've handed out a blank check for self improvement to people that never learned how to write, and expected them to do something with it. You're an oblivious moron that absolutely does not belong here.
>>
>>29383425
>the tough advice you need

LOL, tell us another. This is great.
>>
>>29383478
Clearly you didn't even read my comments then. I wasted my words on someone who can't even read.

Here let me give you the cliff notes:

>Adopt a positive and proactive attitude
>Refuse to let "mental illness" dominate you
>Stop labeling yourself and your prospects as hopeless. Stop defining yourself by your illness.
>Take proactive steps to improve your situation rather than just wallowing in your misery
>Only you and you alone have the power to fix your situation, not strangers on the internet

Hope that's easier for you to comprehend. If you're wondering why my advice isn't more specific to your exact situation, it's because I'm a stranger on the internet.
>>
>>29383532
This is empty bullshit that helps no one. Are you a motivational poster author or something? Demotivationals exist because of how trite those messages were.
I'm sure all of those suffering people are going to 'adopt a positive and proactive attitude' just like that. Just, in the middle of their morning coffee, become an optimist and 'look on the bright side.' You have the empathy of a snake; it wouldn't surprise me if you were a woman with these 'life-changers.'
>>
>>29383365
I am glad you've found some peace for your own condition but don't assume that everyone's situation is the same as yours and that simply having a positive attitude is enough to make a difference. It's not, and for most of us here there's no putting a positive spin on anything.

FYI: people don't make threads like these because they're looking for advice. They do it to vent and hopefully to find like-minded people who can relate to their situation. Imagine then, their horror when they only find a bunch of normies like yourself replying to their threads and trying to"help" them. I mean, do you really think that your words will help anyone?

Honestly, your arrogance and ignorance is astounding. Do you think that the mentally ill are so incompetent that they've never in their entire lives managed to think of the non-sense that you're spouting now? No, and in fact we've already tried to improve our lives and settled on our limitations. Your lack of sensitivity on this issue is frankly disgusting. Anyway, people like you don't help anyone. All you do is make people feel even more alone and even less understood with your condescending bullshit. It's people like you who pledge their support for online SJW campaigns without actually doing anything IRL. Because you want to feel like you've made a difference without doing.

Now get the fuck out of this thread. You don't belong here.
>>
>>29383591
Alright. So not only is your life shitty, but you are militantly opposed to anyone who challenges your approach to dealing with your shitty life. You have witty remarks to parry my assertions and quickly defuse any validly my remarks may have. You already have it "figured out" in your head about how everything is and how everything will be, so what's the point of trying?

I think my work here is done. You clearly have it all figured out. I think making this thread to reinforce your own doubt and negativity is a great move. well done. Enjoy, OP.
>>
>>29383613
This reads like a tumblr post

lmao stupid "robots"
>>
>>29383613
All you want is people to feel sorry for you and reinforce your own negativity. you're not interested in a solution. why? because you're too cowardly to actually TRY.

PATHETIC. GTFO LOSER.
>>
>>29383685
You seem intellectually disabled so perhaps this will get through to you:
>Guy can't walk
>Guy will never walk by himself because of his disability
>He takes on a positive attitude about his disabilities (your suggestion) :^)
>Tries to walk by himself but he has no legs
>The story ends with him not walking. Fuck you.
>>
>>29383281
Person you responded to sounds like a fag, but he might be partly right. Sometimes it's better to be mentally ill and delusional than mentally ill and cripplingly aware of your own deficiencies.
>>
>>29382668
I'm at that point too
The only game I really play is eu4 and the part that everyone thinks is boring (conquering when you're unstoppable) is still able to hold my interest
The only joy I get from life is when something funny happens like a glitch in the game
>>
File: flyhigh.gif (1018 KB, 488x274) Image search: [Google]
flyhigh.gif
1018 KB, 488x274
>>29382743
>>29383254
>>29383365
>>29383425
Anon, you just showed me how to make myself feel better. Albeit temporary and fleeting, I am now empowered to masquerade as a grand giver of advice on /r9k/. My posts will ooze with compassion and gush with understanding. I'll be the light at the end of the tunnel the wind beneath their wings. I'll be the wings. God dammit, I'm gunna fly, daddy-o. I'm gunna fly high.
>>
>>29383762

I never, not once, said that simply adopting a positive attitude will magically fix your problem. That is an obvious straw-man argument deployed on your end. You sound like a smart guy, you can do better than that OP.

(Why do I try?)

Adopting a positive attitude is step one of the thousands of steps you need to take to get you a place where you feel happy, confident and secure. You will never get to that place with the attitude you are currently displaying. That's what you don't understand.

It's not about pretending everything is ok. It's about choosing to see the positive. It's about being strong. It's about refusing to allow negativity to dominate your mind. Is it easy? No. Is it simple? No. Will you have bad days, will you experience times when everything feels negative? Of course. I do the same.

But if you continue to represent yourself as someone who is broken, then you will be broken. If you begin to truly believe that your situation is salvagable, then it will become salvagable. If you don't believe that, then you don't know SHIT about life. I 100% promise you that.

Now go ahead and send me another straw-man argument and try to manipulate my words to prop up your own defeatist logic.
>>
>>29383898
>Why do I try?

Trust me, we are all wondering the same thing.
>>
>>29383898
You're an excellent troll. If you aren't trolling, please leave. You're damaging the people you're trying to "help" without even realizing.
>>
>>29383981
And that is why you're a loser. You're in so much denial that you respond aggresively to a stranger who is giving you the advice you're crying out for. You may think this thread is just about "venting", but I think you get sick satisfaction from wallowing in your own misery and drawing others into it. As I said before, it's simply pathetic. I'm sorry that you feel I'm hurting you but I know why it hurts.

Because it's the truth. You need to hear the truth and tonight the truth has been told. Only you decide what to do with it. I'm sure many before me have tried and failed to inoculate you with the same information.

IF YOU CONSTANTLY FOCUS ON NEGATIVE THINGS, YOUR LIFE WILL BE *NEGATIVE*

IF YOU CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON POSITIVE THINGS, YOUR LIFE WILL BECOME POSITIVE

That's how life works. Period. Point blank. If you don't have the courage to believe it then you really are a lost cause. Are there positive people who get fucked over. Yes. It's not fool proof. But there are way more positive thinking people who succeed than negative thinking people who succeed, I can guarantee you that.
>>
>>29384103
Thank you, I am enlightened. Please fuck off now.
>>
>>29384124
Not until you promise me to cut it out with this sissy boy shit.

I want you to reply with an itemized list of proactive steps you are going to take to improve your situation. I'll be here, take your time.
>>
>>29384151
Tell me your name. I want to put it in my suicide note.
>>
>>29384103
That's how it works generally, but brain chemistry pretty much determines when you are physiologically able to focus on positive or negative things. I think you're going about helping him in the wrong way. He needs chemical assistance from something like amphetamines, which will drop kick you out of depression no matter how deep, and allow you to temporarily focus on rebuilding your life.
>>
>>29384161
My name is: I believe in you and I love you, anon.
>>
I am honestly going to save your posts but not because I find them helpful. Because I think they're such an exemplary example of useless normie platitudes that someone needs to preserve them for future trolling potential.
>>
>>29384178
>brain chemistry

excuses excuses
>>
>>29384207
not an excuse, a tool. I only started improving my life when a friend introduced my to the sweet, sweet magic potion known as adderall.
>>
>>29384201
*sigh*

good luck OP.
>>
>>29384207
Sorry anon, I'll will my brain to get better. You were right all along. I have seen the light, thank you for healing me.
>>
>>29384242
>look at me, I use sardonic irony and sarcasm to deflect statements I find threatening
>>
>>29384257
Look at me, I am projecting so hard that I put several theaters out of business.
>>
>>29384103
sup anon welcome to a concept known as "objective reality". Life, for many, many people, is fucking trash. Doesn't matter how much joy you derive from the unique fucking arabesque patterns you focus on seeing in the concrete around you, rent's still late, it's 4 AM and work is right around the corner but you're hyperventilating in the closet due to stress and not in bed like a good wagecuck so you're probably about to get fired.
>>
File: 1464028108131.gif (955 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
1464028108131.gif
955 KB, 480x240
>>29385154
Now now! That doesn't sound like positive thinking to me!
>>
>>29385206
If you could suddenly become a corgi, with corgi level cognition, and not remember being a human (no potential for regrets) would you do it?
>>
>>29384274
Flawless technique there Anon, some of the best banter I've seen in a while.
>>
File: 1460349433694.jpg (80 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460349433694.jpg
80 KB, 714x1000
>>29385265
That's the spirit! Keep thinking like that and your life is bound to improve! That's how life works---period!
>>
>>29385286
Thank you. We should have stinky NEET sex some time
>>
>>29385295
OP misses the point again.

OP I am convinced you are severely deranged.
>>
>>29385334
What a superb suggestion, name a time and place and I'll be there
>>
>>29385372
>I am unaware more than one person is laughing at my incredibly self-righteous and self-important posts
>>
>>29385372
Imagine life as a corgi. You are born a puppy, weak and blind. As you grow older, you begin to take your first tentative steps, your tender footpads developing callouses for the first time.

Then, puppyhood! Everything is wonder, everything is joy. Think of the comfort, the warmth, the food, and the general sense of love that would be afforded to a puppy corgi in a good home.

Next, as an adult corgi, you get to have all the same experiences but with a more mature mindset. You no longer need to rush from sensation to sensation, reveling in the freshness and newness of it all. Instead, you appreciate the depth of the experiences. Yes, a quick cuddle in the blanket might be nice, but what if you lounged there for an entire afternoon, indulging in the multifaceted pleasures of blanket lounging, including the slow movement of the sun from the window across your back as you languorously love your afternoon.

Before life becomes pain, before you have any real responsibilities, and before you can question any of it, you'll just become more and more tired. You'll sleep indoors, you'll sleep outdoors, you'll remain highly comfortable and happy, but one day you'll fade away and die.

Dream life? Dream life.
>>
>>29385662
Sounds good to me honestly.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>29382668
I look at all the people close to me (famiily). See them succeeding at life, and make up excuses for why i'm not like them. "I'm morally superior" "I don't fit into what society deems 'normal'" But at the end of the day, i'm not fit for this world and the social existence it predicates. I will die by my own hand when my parents are gone from this world, because I was never meant for it
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.