[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so this is a thread I'll be posting on /r9k/ /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 750x1174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 750x1174
Alright so this is a thread I'll be posting on /r9k/ /fit/ and /adv/ just to make sure I get a full spectrum of opinions from all people. Tonight, as an 18 year old recent highschool graduate, I went on my first date. I have had girlfriends in the past but it coincidentally happened and I never had to ask them out luckily. The date actually went well but I got turned down (see pic related). So I'll be going to my college orientation next week with more chances at different girls and overall I'm starting to get hyped for the college experience. Can anybody give me any tips on:
>studying
>relationships
>my major (aerospace engineering)
>partying
>general dos and donts of college
I'd really just like some good advice and I figure this is the largest gathering of people with different experiences I have to draw from. If you're not familiar with an area I've asked about, don't answer. I don't need you /r9k/ faggots screaming about roasties. Just give good advice on what you can, and I'm sure this will benefit many 18ish year olds on the site.
>>
>>29381545
>kill you'reself
>kill you'reself
>kill you'reself
>kill you'reself
>kill you'reself
welp there it is. i poured my soul into this advice but that's all you need to know
>>
>>29381545
You sound like a little bitch my man.
My only advice is don't insult people while asking for something.
>image.jpg
Lmao at your life
>>
>>29381545
>double exclamation mark

o boi
>>
>>29381605
>thanking her for going to the movie with him

could he be any more beta?
>>
>>29381545
>Drink a lot but be smart about it if you get too drunk you're fucked especially if you do it too early
>If you hesitate to say or do something don't do it
>If you want to fuck, kiss, Or any sexual/romantic act be upfront with it. Girls are a dime a dozen they don't matter
>Make friends with the fraternities so you get invited to parties and shit they want to recruit and part of it is inviting girls and people that they want in
>Either stick by your opinions or don't share them at all nobody likes a weak person or someone that says awkward shit.
>Nothing is awkward unless you make it awkward so when choose not to take things hard and everything else will be easy
>If there's a gym go to it regularly, chads will teach you and befriend you if you at least show you're making an effort plus being in shape doesn't hurt. Do research
>Most importantly don't be afraid to do what you want but also have an open mind to be mostly accepting.
>Surround yourself with people that actually show they give a shit about you. You do that by not being afraid of people and not being afraid to walk away.
>>
hey faggot. That girl hinting at not doing anything serious. so reply with her like
"heh you seem fun too, i wasn't looking for anything serious either"
Then use some sexual undertones on your next convo and see how well she takes it.
If she doesn't reply or uninterested just ghost her.

best case, you get some pussy and don't have to put up with relationship lovey-dovey crap.
worst case is you never see her again, which is what is already happening sooo no loss.
Get some balls and use them. Women like MEN with BALLS. that's why nice guys fail they never use their balls.
>>
>>29381545
A very crucial thing I forgot to add
Women in college are the most evil, don't get caught in the whole bullshit. Do your best to draw the line where you're not total beta that can and will be stepped on. Don't let any one of them try to get you to do anything for free or for future promises. Either they put out or they help you right then and there.
>>
>>29381545
When it comes to studying, get your work done as soon as possible. Study every other day. Days off are the best time to do so. Make good use of the library, unless otherwise instructed ask professors, and your classmates can be very helpful too.
>>
>>29381545
When will people finally learn not to go to the movies on first dates?
>>
She likes you only as a friend but doesn't want to say it and hurt you so she's using college as an excuse
Sorry bud
>>
>>29382481
fuck, didn't read the whole post
>>
>>29381545
>Of course

Stop talking like a faggot op never had a girlfriend and you never will
>>
File: 1464399637913.jpg (210 KB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
1464399637913.jpg
210 KB, 1280x706
I just finished my first yr of engineering.

>studying
Study at least 3 days ahead for your each test. This is how I got A on my 8/11 courses in the first year.

Expect to study everyday even weekends especially during midterms. I probably spent around 40 hrs of studying per week. Engineering courses arent that hard (except calc2, it will fuck everyone especially the lazy/stupid ones) but the reason it's hard is because of the heavy course load.

Dont fall for the nosleep meme, never do it especially before your tests. It just shows how poor your time management skills are. 6 hrs min worked on me.

And lastly, do yourself a favour and go to your school gym. It is the best way to relieve stress.

>relationships
Shit. I dont have one since I am a cyborg and had no time back then. But I will try to get a qt gf this coming sem.

>my major (aerospace engineering)
Look for the job prospects and internship

>partying
Never went to one. I could have went to some parties but I didnt know any.

>general dos and donts of college
>dos:
>Talk to anyone especially during the first week. I regret not doing this a lot.
>Find RELIABLE friends. They will make ur uni life more fun and easier.
>Balance ur time well.
>girls in eng are non existent, join other clubs.

>donts:
>Dont understimate your tests. An easy test can be very hard if you are under heavy pressure. There is no time extension in college.

Good luck anon
>>
>>29381545
You didn't need to post this on /fit/ those boys are just robot autists on roids
>>
>>29382379

The media has brainwashed an entire generation into thinking that dinner anf a movie are the thing for a first date. When in reality it's boring shit that people who have been married for 15 years do to get away from their kids for a night.
>>
>>29381545
be the best in your classes
women will follow.
>>
>>29382957
Dinner and a movie are fucking dumb.
>Let's go pay money to sit down and watch each other eat
>Let's pay money and sit next to each other in silence to watch a movie.
Dumb. Btw op just let the colege experience come naturally. The more you try to fake it and fit in, the more autistic you'll look.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.