[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain emojis to me? When did they stop being called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Emoji.jpg (194 KB, 798x532) Image search: [Google]
Emoji.jpg
194 KB, 798x532
Can anyone explain emojis to me? When did they stop being called emoticons and when texting a girl do they have different meanings?

Should grown men even use them?
>>
>>29378260
Emojis are just a brand of emoticons. If you use them you should consider cutting your fingers off so you can't use them ever again.
>>
Literally nothing beats the winky smiley face ;)

Nowadays I semi-ironically use lame nose based emoticons such as :^)
>>
>>29378260
>Should grown men even use them?

No one should use them but women get away with it. Nothing pisses me off more than trying to have a conversation with a chick and she sends like three emojis instead of something that you can build on. Even worse when she gets mad at you for not replying
>>
does this work?blox
>>
>>29378260
Emojshits is the current form of cancer. Emoticons are (or "were" idk everyone is calling them emojis nowadays) all these faces you make like :) and it comes off as a lil face. Emojshits are all the same. There may be variations on the design, depending on the platform you're on, but you can clearly see that they are the same everywhere.
People use them because they are too lazy and too mentally handicapped, in their majority, to express thoughts and emotions in words and sentences, so they use these cancerous shitty faces instead.
No one should use them, at least not that much as they are being used. If you want, however, to fit in the normie society, you have to use at least the basic ones.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.