[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people cut themselves, what's the point of it? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
Why do people cut themselves, what's the point of it? And why on the wrists?
>>
because it's cathartic
because cut wrists are symbolic
>>
>>29377712
They have poor coping skills and aren't thinking about the consequences.
Wrist probably for acting like they want to die, but they're too huge a faggot so they use the scars as proof.
>>
>>29377712
I don't know why people find this so hard to grasp. Have you ever gotten mad and broke something of yours? It's the same fucking thing just more extreme, people self sabotage all the time, this is no different. On the wrists cuz they probably wanna get caught or idk, i never did it there. And it legitimately feels good, just try it next time youre angry
>>
I did it because my dumbshit depressed friends told me it helped and I wanted to fit in
>>
>>29377925
You're saying that is the same thing as throwing/punching something but better/more extreme?
>>
They want to get noticed.
>>
>>29377954
not exactly, it has to be something of yours, basicaaly if you've ever broken a controller, it obviously isnt the controller's fault and it does nothing but hurt you more but its cathartic. But as for me when i get angry at someone i still end up cutting myself but thats probably just because i hate myself who knows. All i know is i do it and it feels so good physically, its like coming home from work and laying down on your cool black leather couch with no socks
>>
>>29377925
>Have you ever gotten mad and broke something of yours?
No, I have control over my actions. Only subhumans punch walls or do similar dumb shit when they're mad
>>
>>29378130
and only subhumans browse r9k, what's your point?
>>
physical pain can be a great distraction from emotional pain
it releases endorphins and triggers the andrenal response to trauma
wrists are often the easiest place to reach, along with thighs
thighs are better because its easier to hide the scars
>>
>>29377712
I only cut myself 3 times and when i did it it was just to play with my blood
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.