[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ascent to normality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-01-27-19-27-57.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-27-19-27-57.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
ITT we try to give other anons advice to escape their robotness, and ascend to normality. Now I know, how could a robot give advice on social subjects? Well, 1. Because he'd be an independent observer who will have a fresh view on the situation, and 2. This board has become infested with normies, who might somehow be useful.
I'll begin.

I have about 4 close friends and one somewhat less closer friend. Lets call him Dave. One of my closer friends, who I'll call John, is best buddies with Dave. They have a separate friend circle (John has only been part of it for a year, Dave has been for several years), with which they often have drinks, parties, fun times, etc. Because I'm an involuntary shut in, I tried to tag along with John, but he keeps weasling out every time. He often does this, for example when we were both going to sign up for the gym together. He kept putting it off until I gave up, now he goes to the gym with daves friends. Outside of this he's a real nice guy who treats me like his friend, but I can never tag along with him when he's Dave and friends.

I'm not very ugly, not overweight, somewhat muscular but pretty beta overal. What do I do to change this situation? I feel like it could change my life for the better.
>>
Wait, what? The people here don't like being robots?
I never minded being one. Becoming normal's never even been a thought in my mind.
>>
>>29375067
>He kept putting it off until I gave up
You sound kinda high maintenance like it's hard work being friends with you. Everything is a big deal to you, and while people do enjoy your company, after a while you get exhausting.

Try to relax and be more easy going. Don't stress over anything and don't hold people to such an account. They'll do what they said when they feel like it.
>>
>>29375208
It was a bit more like this:
>The subject of working out comes up
>(John) Hey anon, how would you like to join the gym?
>id love to, when would be convenient for you?
>(John) Well I'm pretty busy right now, maybe in a week or so
>2 weeks later he is still to busy
>ask him about it a month later
>still too busy
>2 weeks after I asked him the last time he says he can't hang out with me because he is going to the gym with Dave and friends
>sometimes tells me about how much fun he's having with Dave and friends at parties/the gym

It feels really fucking awkward because when I ask him 'can I join in next thursday?' he says 'nah, too many people, we should go in the weekends'

>can't go to gym because he's hosting a party he didn't invite me to

I really wonder if he considers me to be his friend. Perhaps he just pities me for not having a social life.

How do I meet people who do want to go to the gym with me? Or how do I convince John to?
>>
>>29375208
I actually don't have that much interaction with my friends, so I wouldn't call my self high maintenance. I probably come across like that because I'd like to change something about my situation as a shut in pretty bad.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.