[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Existential Crisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 16
File: 1464953807170.jpg (21 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
1464953807170.jpg
21 KB, 352x352
Who else /existential crisis/ here?

There are no great kings or warlords to follow. No greater purpose you can pledge your life to.

How do you cope with it?
Are small everyday pleasures really all there is to life?
Is there no way left to leave even the smallest imprint in history without going full Breivik or Merkel, Destroyer of Nations?

Are we doomed to go silently into the night?

I don't want to be forgotten.
>>
File: 1464487921141.png (84 KB, 420x487) Image search: [Google]
1464487921141.png
84 KB, 420x487
For fucks sake, guys, don't leave me hanging.

Isn't there anything that can be done?
>>
>>29373900

>Are we doomed to go silently into the night?
Yes.

The only way towards purpose and meaning is to be a part of something that will live beyond you.

The only thing that will live beyond us are corporate wage slavery, nigger culture blang blang hippahoppa, and feminisnt pussy power "i'll fuck chad if I want to and you better give me your paycheck or i'll say you raped me".

That's all that's left.

There is literally no one left in the world who opposes this degenerate end of Western culture.

It's over.

Die having fun.
>>
>>29373900
why would you want a greater purpose or imprint on history?

some moron taught you to want that. it isn't remotely desirable.
>>
>>29374359
seeking a purpose that transcends the self is literally the ultimate aspiration of man. Read Frankl and Maslow.
>>
>>29373900
I'm completely serious become your own leader or warlord.
>>
File: 1453352301991.gif (142 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1453352301991.gif
142 KB, 450x400
>>29373900
>finish school
>get a job
>work five days a week, play video games or watch movies in free time
>this is life

Just fuck me up.
>>
>>29374446
unless you have talent and get really lucky, this is about it.
>>
File: soclose.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
soclose.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
>>29374331
Yea, become a radical western traditionalist militant.
Im this close.
>>
>>29374331
>>29374446
>>29374458
Fuck, no. Fuck.
I can't believe that to be true.

I just can't, I don't want to.

>>29374359
What else is there in life? Is there no reason for all this at all? None at all?

>>29374379
I want to believe in this, but can it even be done in this age?

>>29374397
So much easier said than done.
It starts with the cause to fight for:
It can't be a simple, clear goal like 'Cleanse the world of Islam'. Go even a tiny bit too far and you get murdered by some government agency or another.
>>
>>29374379
not sure how this was a good response to "some moron taught you to want that"
>>
>>29374379
Have kids. Not hard.
>>
My boss at petsmart is my warlord.
I am slowly plotting to take him down.
Life still isnt worth living
>>
>>29373900

are you kidding? the world is fucked!

become a revolutionary. there are plenty of causes to follow (no SJW)
>>
File: 1462856507366.gif (164 KB, 494x332) Image search: [Google]
1462856507366.gif
164 KB, 494x332
>>29374504
>tfw never gonna have kids because I'm a cocksucker.
>>
OP there is no greater purpose for humanity because we're just self aware animals on a rock flying through space. Our only objective goal is to survive.
>>
>>29373900
Sleep with beautiful women and do exotic drugs. Life never had a purpose anyway
>>
>>29374583
>>29374596
How can you not despair at that thought?
>>
>>29374621

It's never bothered me honestly. Don't see how it could. Enjoy your life while you have it and then die. That's the best you can hope for.
>>
>>29374484
>not sure
I'm not surprised. You're probably not sure about a lot of facts. I imagine that you spend a lot of time expressing your lack of certainty about established facts, too. It makes you sound like an intellectual, after all, as long as whoever you're talking to is dumber than you are (rare).
>>
Follow me anon I'll be your leader. So basically I have a problem with people that use forks to eat rice. Spoons should always be used for rice and I'm ready to go to war because of it. Will you join me?
>>
>>29373900
Life doesn't give a fuck about you, everything can suddenly end at any time for no reason at all. You could exert all the effort in the world to make something of yourself and right as it's in your reach you get cancer and you die having accomplished literally nothing and become forgotten after about 50 years of being a sad memory.

Life is all about luck and talent, mostly luck. I want to become a musician or writer, but neither of these things will ever provide a livable wage, and how am I even supposed to find time to write when I work a 9-to-5 job every day and come home exhausted and just want to sit on the couch doing nothing.

People don't even aim for being notable. Note that the American Dream is essentially just working your ass for the first 30 years of your life to be allowed the privilege of owning a roof over your head and raising shitty kids. Then you get a midlife crisis in your 40's, destroy your marriage and take part in some naive and nostalgia-driven bullshit, only to fail and go back to your shitty life until cancer or something comes to off you.
>>
>ctrl-f absurd
>tfw no absurdism
Kekcucks.
>>
Life isn't about conquest or achievement, it's about life. Life is living.
You will spend all of eternity dead, but for a brief moment in history you are here and you are alive. It's up to you how you spend this gift.
>>
File: 1445277222436.jpg (47 KB, 403x500) Image search: [Google]
1445277222436.jpg
47 KB, 403x500
>>29374726
>Spoons
I'd rather disembowel you with your fucking spoon before I will ever help you with that shit.
Degeneracy like that is not to be accepted.

Rice is meant to be eaten with Chopsticks.
>>
Read the Unabomber Manifesto.

Technology is anti-nature, and by extension, so is civilization. The only reason you babbies even have time for existential crises is because of the comfort and security offered by tech.
>>
>>29373900
You just have to accept that nothing matters, then do the things you enjoy in life.
>>
>>29374658
one sign of having nothing to say is reaching for the ad hominem
>>
File: 1458543907173.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1458543907173.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1366
Lmao babbys first existentialist crisis.
>>
>>29374750
Is absurdism even viable? Isn't it just incredibly shitty philosophical bullshit just like most of that stuff?

>>29374759
> It's up to you how you spend this gift.
Well, yep-di-fucking-yes.
But HOW does one go about spending it in any proper way when there is not much worth living for today, except short-lived everyday pleasures?
>>
>>29374504
>seeking a purpose that transcends the self
Kek

MY BABY MY BABY MY BABY
I WAS UP ALL NIGHT WITH MY BABY
>>
I've recently experienced a lot of death in my family and this has been on my mind a lot. I'm flickering between religion and nothingness.
>>
>>29373900

you've realized that what you value is incongruent with your reality

this causes you unhappiness

but of these two things - your reality, and what you value - only one is true

change the false one
>>
>>29374833
>accept that nothing matters
>but don't enjoy anything in life or have any hobbies
>just feel 'meh' all the time awhile anxiety and OCD fills the gap during the times where I'm not miserable
>>
>>29374833

meme-tier philosophy
apply yourself
>>
>>29374855
> is absurdism viable

Yeah its concrete and logical as long as you assume the assumptions are true, which is what philosophy is all about.

> how to live properly if I'm lost
You find what you love. I found out what I loved to do at 17 and that was be a part of a music creating community larger than I was.
>>
>>29374855

There is no "proper" way to live life. You're not understanding that.
>>
ive been in an existential crisis since i was like 16, i'm almost 30 now and i'm still in it

don't believe the memes, it doesn't get better, it stays the same and you either deal with it or go slightly crazy while dealing with it
>>
>>29374898
I know how you feel cause I have depression that permeates every minute of my day, but you and I are as free as humanly possible. There are laws and society but those things aren't real. Genes and age are real and things we can't change. But I can go outside and literally do whatever I feel like.

Sometimes I just do drugs to feel good.
>>
>>29373900
Nice dubs.
As much as you, I, and every other fighting age male wants to serve a higher purpose, it's not yet time.
Be patient. Indulge a little, but hold yourself to standards. Protect your family.

We may yet be unfortunate enough to live in interesting times.
>>
>>29374898
This.

>>29374850
All good and well, although it is by far not the first time I have become utterly depressed over this shit. Every few months it all comes crushing down before it settles back into a resignated 'Fuck it, I'll just care for myself.'-attitude.

What your nice chart boils down to as the only real alternative is in the end:
Fuck everything, read Nietzsche, hate everybody, die bitter?

All I want is the knowledge that I am part of something greater, something that will live for centuries or even millennia.

>>29374931
But then HOW does it work?

>>29374921
I love flying. But my eyes are too shitty to ever get a job as a pilot.
I also love writing, but unless one get's extremely lucky, it will never be more than a hobby that has to be supported somehow and then it will just end up like >>29374736 writes:
>how am I even supposed to find time to write when I work a 9-to-5 job every day and come home exhausted and just want to sit on the couch doing nothing.

I desperately hope that I will be able to find something I love that is somehow viable. Anything at all.

>>29374784
>The only reason you babbies even have time for existential crises is because of the comfort and security offered by tech.
That much is absolutely obvious. Fucking hell, there are studies about this kind of depression that's getting more and more common among young first-worlders.
Knowing that it is shit and absolutely entitled to think so does not stop these thoughts. Nor does it help find an answer.
>>
Everything's feeling pretty empty right now. I'm going to get fucked up until I cry and then pass out watching Malcolm in the Middle.
>>
I hate that our modern world keeps telling us that everybody can be a hero while we are growing up, but when we are older the worst realisationis that there are no heroes left.
>>
>tfw no big strong man to tell me what to do
jesus christ OP you literal cuck. If you're so scared of living for yourself and want to die for someone who doesn't care about you just join the military. Best case scenario you trip and die on your first day of basic, before you actually have to face what a spineless waste you are.
>>
>>29375124
>
All I want is the knowledge that I am part of something greater, something that will live for centuries or even millennia.

There is no way to know if anything will survive. We might all die tomorrow from a meteor crashing on earth. However, I'd say that if what you truly want is to be part of something greater, become a valuable member of society. Your best bet is humanity as a whole. By paying taxes and being a wagecuck you are contributing to something greater than yourself, you're contributing to humanity.
>>
>>29375199
Then what's your purpose in life, Mr. Hot Shot?
>>
>>29375199
You fell for the cuck bait
>>
>>29375220
no fuck society, literally do whatever feels right to you, not what feels right to society.

You don't have a purpose and someday you will die, just like the rest of us. But during that period you can spend the time literally however you want. There is no wrong way just as there is no right way.

It's literally do what you want. Stop hoping for something greater, all you see is all there is.
>>
File: church.png (322 KB, 760x563) Image search: [Google]
church.png
322 KB, 760x563
being unattractive,none-white is giving me plenty of challenge in life

also im mentally ill and my physical condition is unknown so i might die next year so ill just keep living
anyway, have this church i made
>>
>>29375264
I 100% agree. But considering what he's looking for, humanity is his best bet for supporting something greater than himself.
>>
>>29375264
So the one truth in life is that the NEET life is the best life?

Abuse the system, live in hedonism and when you die it won't matter because there is nothing in all this?
>>
>tfw no fuhrer
>>
>>29375180
parents are pathalogical liars that keeps feeding their kids with lies

if my child had any limitation i wouldn't keep it away from him, because in school people don't have inch of mercy
>>
>>29375302
No. The NEET life isn't the best life. It's a hard and miserable life. Why not live a hard but happy life? Work out, get plastic surgery, FUCK IT JUST GET IT, live a good life. To achieve it you need to get income, do that shit.
>>
>>29375302
well society has its perks. You can buy things that are otherwise unattainable without money. Services and products. Do you value 10k of these services per year? 30k? 100k?

That's all society is really worth, the only people who love their job in society are either earning enough based on the effort they put in or truly believe what they are doing is good for humanity.

So no, you don't have to totally abandon society. You just have to choose how much of it you want in your life then go your own way.
>>
>>29375302
the NEET life is simply a result of overpopulation and lack of opportunity

couple that with society that have insane standards and parents that are overly critical and treat their kids like vessels, its almost invertible to be a NEET at some point
>>
>>29375309
No matter how many crimes, how much evil happened 80 years ago. I would give so much for the chance to live and fight in these times.

History is written by the winners and I wish I could see how history would have looked like if my home had been allowed to write it instead of being systematically cucked and destroyed over the last 70 years.

>>29375199
The military is not an option in germany. I considered it, looked into it and found that It's filled with russians and sandniggers, some batallions use german as the second language. For fucks sake, it's even lead by a women who was the former minister of families.
At least muricunts still have a military that can dare call itself that.

>>29375333
I am working out, but aside from a working body it doesn't do much.
>>
Tbh, I envy those who can believe in some kind of religion without any doubts. Without the drive to ask the 'Why' or 'How'.
Life must be much much easier for them.
>>
File: ancient dry wojak alternate.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
ancient dry wojak alternate.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>you're expected to spend 40 hours a week working a meaningless job just for the luxury of existing
>if you so much as suggest to normies that something about this incorrect you're barraged with insults
>>
File: Cuckitty.jpg (263 KB, 720x764) Image search: [Google]
Cuckitty.jpg
263 KB, 720x764
>>29375724
Much as it pains me, there is some truth in
>pic related
>>
>>29374759
>gift

Means "poison" in swedish, that's what you meant right?
>>
File: feel Drive.jpg (134 KB, 864x922) Image search: [Google]
feel Drive.jpg
134 KB, 864x922
>>29373900
It is, for me. I'm always sad, i can get some pleasure by the simplest shings like smoking a cigarette, watching the sunset, getting comfy while watching a film while i drink a monster or a beer.

I know i will never do great things and leave a sign in history, so i wonder why live in first place, but i don't want to kill myself, that would be selfish. I wish i could lucid dream for all my life, and just be truly happy for once.
>>
I've been in one for years now

And honestly I think the only way to resolve it is to die cause there is no answer, but I don't want to kill myself so I'm waiting for it to happen on its own
>>
>>29375901
Nothing wrong with being selfish.
>>
>>29375933
for me it is, the world is already a sad place, at least i want to make it good for some people
>>
>>29373900
Been there done that. It sucks at first to realize there's no point in living. But slowly you'll come to terms with it and also the fact that there's also no point in dying either. So just follow your natural instinct, have fun, fuck bitches, the world is your oyster.
>>
File: 1465879882434.gif (814 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1465879882434.gif
814 KB, 300x225
I wrote this absurdly long reply and it didn't go through because it was way too long, it probably wouldn't've been read anyway.
I'm just writing this because ---after the time sunk into that post never to be seen--- I need to've written something.
>>
I am a Christian, in that I believe in a greater purpose for myself despite evidence to the contrary. The voice in my head keeps telling me things, complexish things, and I keep believing them, despite them taking way too long to come to fruition, and only just now becoming desperado that none of it does, lol. It tells me this and that, that I am a god, a king, a usurper of thrones, an antichrist, Satan, lelelelel. What is a king to do? But the small things I try to do get me in trouble, people resent me. I can feel a creative force in me, and I want to do something about it, but certain things are troubling me, aka stopping this from fruition. Supposedly sex helps brain function, but despite the fact that I've been wooed by females for most of my adolescence, I can't get fucks atm. Tried online only, but yeah. Feels weird, man. My life's fun.
>>
>>29373900
Ive been going through an existential crisis for a few years now it feels like. Its why ive hated nearly every job ive worked. It feels like im constantly wasting my time every day. The only thing I actually get enjoyment from anymore is music and art, and im way too much of an autist to put myself out there.

Im about to get fired at my current job because the last few months ive really let myself slip when it comes to giving a shit about work.

Maybe im just a loser
Life goes on I guess.
>>
>>29376190
i wish you would have posted it in parts anon, id like to hear what you had to say
>>
>>29375724
Haha not me. I own my own game dev studio and have 12 employees. I literally do nothing but think up game mechanics and game designs and play games. Learn to live the good life.
>>
File: 1458097439695.jpg (270 KB, 900x1020) Image search: [Google]
1458097439695.jpg
270 KB, 900x1020
But there is, anon
>>
>>29376506
pls tell me how you got into this, and can I work for you?
>>
>>29376592
saved up 100k after working 4 years after uni. Started my first game with that money, game did well, started my second game, and so on.
>>
>>29373900
You're going to die, git gud at doing stuff for fun and get a job then do the fun thing on the side (mine is stand up comedy) do whatever you want nothing matters
>>
>Have strong desire to be leader, give others' lives purpose
>Don't know anybody
>Don't know where to find youths
sheeit (not sure why I capiialized greentext)
>>
File: YY-5-5.png (331 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
YY-5-5.png
331 KB, 800x450
>mfw there is L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y no way to know that there is any significance to the statement that reality exists independent of your own conscious experience. By definition everything you experience is internally consistent and so part of your consciousness

I have to apply the emergency brake to my thoughts at this point so I don't appear schizo to other people
>>
>>29376947
You're a figment of my imagination if that's the case.
>>
>>29373900
>I don't want to be forgotten.
There's a few options:

>1. Accomplish/create something that will keep secure your place in history.
Imagine how in the future, we'll be teaching kids about tech pioneers as if they were as important as Tesla or Edison or Newton.

>2. Basically become a modern day Gandhi
This is kinda out of hand, since there's no just struggle to fight for in the world, no greater purpose to preach, but it would work in your favor.

>3. Become modern Hitler, or something close to it
This is more doable, since you can easily get your hands on weapons/create weapons. Kill enough people and, at the very least, you'll get a high score and you'll be remembered for a while.
Hell, I'm already loving the new phrase "Omar's high score".
>>
>>29376947
>caring about seeming like a schizo
you haven't gone far enough
>>
>not joining ISIS
>>
The worst part is none of that is even inconceivable
>>
>>29374446
Sounds pretty good, as long as it's a job I'm interested in and my co-workers aren't a bunch of cunts.

Maybe I'm still a normie deep down.
>>
>>29374504
>I couldn't think of a purpose for my own life so I roped in some other lives who will hopefully justify the existence of my own
And the cycle continues!
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.