[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else know that one kid in middle school who had some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: nice.png (123 KB, 286x358) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
123 KB, 286x358
Did anyone else know that one kid in middle school who had some lets play channel and thought "he was going to make it big on YouTube"? I feel like almost everyone knew at least one at one point, but I never hear anyone talk about it. I knew this one kid, who for this thread I'll just give him the fake name "Justin", who was that kid. Here's just a few of the things he did
>Justin, obviously, had a lets play channel. %90 of his videos were Minecraft lets plays.
>He also had the word "Minecraft" in his username. From those two facts alone you can tell what type of kid he was
>He sometimes didn't even bother recording his voice or doing a facecam, he would just play some shitty dubstep over his gameplay
>As traditional with all bad lets- players, he used Bandicam to record
>He uploaded once every 2-4 months, which is a direct middle finger to the YouTube algorithm, as he had the balls the whine about his channel not getting many views, while being so damn lazy at the same time.
>Justin had a shitty, generic intro that you'd probably get from any website that allows you to type in your username and automatically inserts it into one of its shitty intros. Of course, he also had dubstep play in his intro.
>Justin literally only had 30 subscribers, and I'm pretty sure all of them were either his irl friends or spambots.
>Despite this, he lived in a false reality where he had a fanbase of millions, as he refers to his "fans" as "miners", similar to how Pewdiepie calls his fans "bros".
>Justin did a livestream of playing games once. He hyped it up hard, telling all his friends about it. The livestream was a disaster, as when he tried playing his game, it ran at like 5 fps. Literally %90 of the stream was him trying to fix his computer. Oh yeah, there was also a moment in the stream where his mom walked in and yelled at him for staying up so late and making noise, all in front of a live audience.

So anyone else knew a kid like Justin? C'mon, I can't be the only one, right?
>>
Kill yourself faggot scum
>>
>>29373698
You're too young to be on areninekay
>>
>>29373806
I met Justin right when Minecraft started to get big, and I just turned 18 recently
>>
File: 20160214_235053-1.jpg (347 KB, 875x1798) Image search: [Google]
20160214_235053-1.jpg
347 KB, 875x1798
>>29373698
Oh yeah these faggots were all over the place. There was one kid though in particular who stood out and is still doing it. Just some of the shit he did:
>Record fifa gameplay by stacking game boxes up to aim the camera at his TV
>Skype laughter chain with his awkward friend
>Q&A where he answered every question with gay
>Did a Minecraft let's play with the first episode having 8 minutes dedicated to him not playing it
I'll even give you his channel name 'Ste_280". He still made videos pretty recentley but hasn't for a while. His latest video reveals he has pedophillic tendencies.
>>
101% underage but i still like the idea of this thread
>>
>>29373698
Dude how fucking young are you. I'm 22 and no one gave a shit about YouTube when I was in hs. Let's plays weren't even a thing. Are y 15 years old?
>>
>>29373921
I'm 20 and knew a few in highschool.
>>
>>29373962
I swear to got 1993 kids were the last ones who went outside and lived in high school.
>>
>>29373698
there was no youtube when i was in middleschool, and in highschool nobody really thought to do "let's play" videos yet.

There were some cool counterstrike music videos though.
>>
>>29373698
>Youtube let's play
>In middle school
You have to be 18 to post here chief.
>>
File: oldpepe.png (77 KB, 491x541) Image search: [Google]
oldpepe.png
77 KB, 491x541
>>29373698

>youtube existed when you were in school

I don't know this feel because I'm not underage b&
>>
>>29373986
No one cares buddy
>>
>>29374046
YouTube was a thing in 2005. That's 11 years ago dude.
>>
>>29374046
youtube started in 2005, you could have been 7 then and be posting here now.
>>
>>29373698
I don't like streamer/youtuber culture much myself, but you sound like a very spiteful fuck who's just hating on a guy who does what he likes, for no good reason.

Stop being so insecure and trying to demean others so you feel better.
>>
>>29373698

kid gtfo
>>
>>29373698
I thought let's plays were a fairly recent thing. Fuck off, kid.
>>
>>29374079
>>29374086

If you were born after the 80s you're literally not even five years old yet, fuck off with your mind games.
>>
>>29373698
I'm one of those faggots now.
Up to 1700 subs.
>>
>>29374086
Let's plays weren a thing until 2009-10ish
>>
>>29373698
Knew the opposite guy. He made a bunch of random fashion videos and thought he was a total retard. Makes 40k a year now just off the videos so he's doing ok. Probably works like 8 hours a week while I work 40 and barely make twice that
>>
>>29373921
I didn't start the thread, but I'm 24 and YouTube and playthroughs/lets plays were pretty big when I was in my later years of HighSchool.
>>
File: wojak_kazooie.jpg (126 KB, 789x721) Image search: [Google]
wojak_kazooie.jpg
126 KB, 789x721
>>29374201

Why do people younger than 30 even show up here? You aren't the same people who were here when I first started showing up here, stop fucking with my head.
>>
there's a video on youtube of a kid doing a live stream of some game, and his mom comes in and they get into a fight because she wants him to go to bed. At one point he threatens to call child protection on her.

I posted it on /v/ once a year or two ago and we all had a good laugh over it. I wish I could find it again. It's a perfect cringe/rage video.
>>
>>29373698
We didn't have youtube until I was in college. KYS
>>
>>29373698
NO because that shit didn't happen when Iw as in school. Underage detected
>>
>kid my in my class in middleschool
>let's call him Peter (His name wasn't Peter but he looked like a Peter)
>he was bullied by everyone
>including me from time to time, nothing major just occasional jokes at his expense, I was actually kind of friends with him at some points, I used to walk home with him sometimes
>he had a youtube account where he made minecraft let's plays similar to the kid in OPs story
>Peter had a very low nasally voice
>He would say the same shit for his intro every time ''Hello YouTube''
>Seems standard enough on it's own but in his voice it was funny as fuck (not that funny now though, only funny to immature middleschoolers)
>I somehow found his YT channel and saw his vids
>Kekked heartily
>Showed it everyone in class
>Everyone in our year group would go up to him saying Hello YouTube imitating his nasal voice
>Pete on suicide watch

In all seriousness it was a shitty thing for me to do and I regret it, it didn't really last long anyway. I hope he's doing well
>>
>>29373698
>Being in middle school when Youtube was a thing

How young are you fags
>>
>>29375141
Well seeing as YouTube came out 11 years ago, and Middle School has you between 11 and 13, anywhere from 24 to 11 years old if as a middle schooler he discovered the site this very day.

Stop being such an elitist fuck. Many people were in middle school, knew of YouTube, and are now far old enough to browse this site.

I'm 24 by the way, because if I didn't mention it I might be accused of being... Young. Which is obviously a tremendous deal to you.
>>
>>29373831
That doesn't make it any better.
>>
>tfw I was that kid
>tfw I did decent and made over 1k subs
>them runescape videos
>>
>>29374166
Nah. Even a bit after 2010, lets plays were still a thing for a while.
>>
File: african american gentleman.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
african american gentleman.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>29373698
>>29373856
>>29374160
>>29374178
>>29374584
>>29375296
>>29375349

I don't know that feel because I'm not some barely-legal 18 year old kid who's actually just pretending to be 18 and is really 15 or younger.

I grew up without the internet, thank Allah, otherwise I'd be even worse off now than I am today. I'm really worried about young millenials and whatever the name of the next generation after that is called.
>>
Not in middle school, but a friend of mine from high school uploaded some videos of him playing a modified pro evolution soccer with local teams, I even helped him to make one, he got like 200 subs until he got bored and just stopped doing it.
I also know a girl in college who uploads tutorials on makeup, nail polish and that kind of shit, she has like 2000 subs or so.
>>
File: gothic 2.png (647 KB, 423x976) Image search: [Google]
gothic 2.png
647 KB, 423x976
I made some Gothic machinima when I was 11. It was very unfunny and when I found again after 9 years I cringed enough to make them all private. I got several thousands views though so as a child I was pretty proud of them.
>>
>>29375436
Thanks for the blog post, very interesting.
>>
>middle school
>youtube
>minecraft

Why hasn't OP been banned yet?
>>
>>29373698
>middle school
>lets plays

Are you a high school freshman?
>>
Dude. That was me m9
>>
File: celestial frog.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
celestial frog.png
93 KB, 467x496
>be teacher's assistant in a junior English class
>finals day
>final is a presentation on yourself (because school is way too easy)
>guy with a speech impediment who dresses in all black and always wears sunglasses does his presentation
>talks about his let's play channel and how streaming games on twitch is his "love"
>plays a fucking 2-minute video of him playing some FPS to shitty dubstep
i could barely keep my keks to myself
>>
>>29375436
I too am really getting too old for this site
>>
File: 1465444179617.jpg (54 KB, 469x425) Image search: [Google]
1465444179617.jpg
54 KB, 469x425
>silent kid in class
>don't know or talk to him
>some kid in class finds out he has video's of him playing piano and sining
>absolutely terrible at both
>his singing is literally just slurring and mumbling lyrics
>decide to look up his channel again recently
>he kept at it and didn't improve

Atleast he wasn't obnoxious or annoying as far as I know, but he doesn't even have any sense of self awareness.
>>
>>29377744
Man send a message to him, check how he is doing.
>>
>>29374231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUgLN6vDnA

not but related
>>
>>29375436

I'm 23, grew up without internet until i was 17-ish, and there are STILL people I know who try to do this. it transcends ages, stupid get-rish-quick schemes are for stupid people, and stupid people are fucking everywhere.
>>
I'm never met a Let's Player but I always see livestreamers. They're the real cringe.
>>
>>29378231
He's a normie at heart. I don't care for him because I don't know him.

He's simply just a terrible musician that doesn't seem to be able, or want to improve.
>>
>kid in middle school who had lets play channel
no because I'm not fucking 15 years old.
For anybody over 18 here youtube was still what people went on to look at the new popular viral video or to look at cats and shit during middle school

underage b&
>>
>>29373745
Oh hey Justin.
>>
Yeah probs me kind of. mates of mine whom are twins were keen to start a youtube channel with games and some live series to keep the ball rolling. It's pretty cringe but I didn't wanna say no as they are life long friends and good people. Got a handful of videos, the gameplay looks nice but our voice audio is awful. We make movies as well which I have more fun with and enjoy but I think it's because I tend to hate the let's play community as a whole these days anyway ruins the fun of making these videos.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.