[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to a food place often enough for the people there to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1460577406221.jpg (43 KB, 640x565) Image search: [Google]
1460577406221.jpg
43 KB, 640x565
>go to a food place often enough for the people there to start making small talk with you
>have to find a new food place
>>
>go to a food place often enough for the people there to start hating you
>have to find new food place
>>
I don't know why i hate it when food service people start to remember my usual order but i do. When i see them already punching in my order before I've even said anything, or if they ask me do i want 'the usual', that's it for that place. I get food elsewhere after that.
>>
>>29372575

I hate it too. At the same time I'm jelly of people who are regular customers somewhere and everyone working there knows them. Must be some insecurity thing, fear of people judging things I like.
>>
Can't wait for the service staff to be automated and individual booths with TVs for eating.
>>
>>29372390

How do the people working there get to know the regulars name?
>>
>>29372390
The reason that we hate being known is because we don't like ourselves.

We can't imagine that someone both knows us and likes us. It never occurs to us that they might be happy to see us coming and are delighted to make us our regular order because we bring them business and seem like nice people.
>>
>>29372640
>>29372575
Why is this a bad thing you autists?
>>
File: 1452953510777.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1452953510777.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>>29372390
>sperg out on cashier at grocery store
>can't go to that store anymore
>keeps happening
>tfw you have to drive almost an hour to the closest 'safe' grocery store
>>
>>29372976
>not using the self checkout
>year of our lord 2k16
It's like you want to be uncomfortable.
>>
>>29372804
It's on the card if you pay, and they'll say your name if they're uppity.
>>29373027
The self-checkout is switched off between the prime autist hours of dusk and dawn.
>>
>>29372921

Like I said it probably some insecurity thing. I even keep changing the store I do my grocery shopping in and avoid picking same cashier too often. I know these restrictions are not logical but still they feel so natural to me.
>>
>favorite icecream shop hires qt teenage girl
>every visit she gives me the visual (you)
>literally gets the icecream before asking what flavor
"here you are anon!" in a gentle voice
>mumble, pay and manually walk out

I feel so fucking disgusting and ashamed goddamn
>>
File: 13f.gif (113 KB, 498x594) Image search: [Google]
13f.gif
113 KB, 498x594
I realize I'm eventually going to do something where we'll have a falling out with them or someone they're related to and it will be a hostile or awkward encounter and anything that was revealed will be used against me. I don't have an established identity or behave consistently.

I like things to stay the same way and crystalize ideal situations. This means no moving forward but also means a choice of repetition of previous things or just silence so as to not introduce new territory to the relationship.
The person also becomes an external progress monitor who reminds you of previous statements and forces you to be relatively consistent with your established persona.
Maybe you mention that you are thinking about studying at some school but then you see them 6 months later and you're still around and not at the school, then there's accountability. I don't like accountability. Even if I'm fine with how I am at any time, I don't like being prompted to explain and then the other person acting like they have an upper hand because they pointed out an inconsistency.
You lose the good feeling of being mysterious in appearance and polymorphic in your mind. It's a loss of freedom.
You can feel very good about yourself and be enjoying life but as soon as you and your actions begin to be registered by some other human, you feel trapped.
Even if you're not particularly ashamed of anything, it can still make you feel trapped.
It would be like being a ghost and then suddenly becoming visible to everyone.
I'd like to just wander around the woods with my dog forever and have access to a internet and various types of food. It's impractical but still what's desired.
>>
File: image (3).jpg (76 KB, 359x478) Image search: [Google]
image (3).jpg
76 KB, 359x478
>>29372390
>>29372575

I thought "the usual" was a meme or just something to tell mommie.

Nope. It's real. My cashier at Taco Bell knows my order, my name, chats me up and all that normie shit. It only gets embarrasing if you go there with friends (inb4normieREEEEEEE) and they know your order.
>>
>>29372479
i've been called "our best customer" before, absolutely mortifying.
>>
>>29373290
this, i know this feel too well
>>
File: 1466221080828.jpg (574 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466221080828.jpg
574 KB, 1920x1200
>>29373290
>Ywn have a sweet qt teenage gf
Shit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.