[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What video games are you looking forward to anons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15
File: thatsqu.jpg (58 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
thatsqu.jpg
58 KB, 640x560
What video games are you looking forward to anons?
>>
None, I stopped enjoying videogames years ago

growing up feels like shit
>>
>>29372057
Yooka-laylee
>>
>>29372057

None. I was waiting for Bully 2 forever, but gave up on it. Everything is a shooter, MMO, or an open world adventure game these days.
>>
>>29372057
Anything with nervegear
>>
>>29372057

My backlog is so big right now, that I will never catch up. If something new comes out that seems interesting, I will play it, but otherwise I gave up on anticipating games years ago.
>>
Persona 5, Kingdom hearts 2.8 and 3, Final fantasy 15, others.
>>
>>29372156
Absolutely none at all
>>
Neir automata
Last guardian
>>
>>29372057
Pokemon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29372190
>Lucid dreaming general
>Pokemon

Kek
>>
File: 1462685197757.png (69 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1462685197757.png
69 KB, 1456x1108
Even though I don't really play games anymore, I'm still looking forward to TES 6. I hope they don't fuck it up
>>
File: 1463098806821.png (956 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1463098806821.png
956 KB, 1200x939
Call me a normie but I've been enjoying overwatch and have been playing everyday since release. Aside from that I'm looking forward to cuphead.
>>
>>29372106
Bully is an open world adventure game anon. I also didn't like the original as much, reminded me too much of my own spaghetti
>>
>>29372089
Same here, back in the day I would play The Witcher or Gothic for hours, or have a 10 hour Borderlands marathon.
These days I can barely bring myself to start a game and get bored after 5mins. Serious Sam is quite nice for a few minutes, though. Very old school and you can just start it without signing on, linking with facebook, buying to win... it's just a stupid game and I like it for that.
>>
>>29372275

Yes, but it was unique. Characters populating the world were not generic clones and they actually did interesting things in the world. The school and clique aspect also gave it a massive edge on other open world games. I wanted to see a sequel with cliques you could join.
>>
File: zelda.png (935 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
zelda.png
935 KB, 1200x675
>>29372057
Zelda: Breath of the Wild!
>>
>>29372436

Couldn't make it through the first stages of Skyward Sword with the shitty Wiimote controls. I wish Nintendo would just put their games on PC and cross-console and give up on consoles. They haven't made a good console since Gamecube, but even that was inferior graphically to PS2 and Xbox. Their games are masterpieces though.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 416x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 416x281
>>29372119
In the wildest dreams of a true escapist, this will happen in my lifetime. I would play it until I die
>>
>>29372543
Tb.h lad im pretty satisfied with VIVE, it's letting me get healthy doing what i was going to do anyway.

But with NVR, i would never leave it
>>
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Neptunia VII
Etrian Odyssey V
Monster Hunter Generations
Monster Hunter Stories
I still have Stranger of Sword City to finish, though
>>
Horizon Zero Dawn!
>>
I can't wait for hl3 boos
>>
I'm hopeful Dishonored 2, but Bethesda can get pretty shitty, so not too hopeful
>>
Kojima's new fever dream
>>
>>29372057
MH Generations in like a month.
That's really it, only new games worth playing are nipshit arpgs.

Shooters are trash, rts is dead.
Wake me up again when a new metroidvania comes out.
>>
definitely gears 4. I loved the original trilogy. Judgement was alright but I'm glad they're continuing the story
>>
>>29372057
The only game I play is OSRS. and the occasional Mount of Blade matches when I get bored of RS or have nothing else to do.
>>
Since when was this /v/?
>>
Outlast 2 for days
We Happy Few is pretty high up too
Resident Evil 7 demo was really cool
Dead Rising 4 may be fun
Dishonored 2 seems neato
>>
Battlefield 1 if it has enough maps
NBA 2K17
Resident Evil 4 on PS4 (never played it before)
Persona 5
Detroit: Become Human
The Crash Bandicoot remakes (also never played b4)
>>
>>29372057
I'm not looking forward to new games but Thea: the Awakening is getting an update in a few days which is cool.
>>
>>29372057
Resident evil revelations
Call of duty MW 3 (and all the following ones, but I have only ps3)
Assasins creed
Uncharted
>>
The Skyrim remaster. That's literally it. The last game I got excited for was Dark Souls 3 and it and turned out to be complete shit so fuck it, I know I enjoyed Skyrim so I'll get it again.
>>
>>29373105
Since vidya became a common pastime for /robots/.
>>
Monster Hunter Generations and Persona 5.
>>
>>29373137
Resident evil 4, 5 and 6 are garbage. Why would you want 7? If you like it you're either a little edgy stupid kid or a normalfaggot.
>>
Mother Russia Bleeds might be cool.
Spending all my gaming time with SFV since release.
>>
>>29372057
Still haven't gotten to play DS3 because of /A-levels/
>>
>>29372057
New video games suck,
Zelda breath of the wild is about all

Yooka laylee looks good too
>>
>>29373288
I enjoyed it, thought it was a little easy (that might be because I had just played BB before though) but it's definitely an improvement over DS2
>>
I stopped enjoying video games a few years ago, but I heard they're making a Spiderman game. He was my favourite superhero as a little kid, so I might play that.
>>
>>29372057
For honor, Battlefield 1, and Outlast 2.
>>
>>29373306
Yeah DS2 was shit, it was such a let down for me

If you like souls games you might enjoy Severance:Blade of Darkness it's an old pc game that controls similarly to souls games and was ahead of its time
>>
>>29372057
World of Warcraft: Legion

I know it will probably suck but I'm a lifer so I already pre-ordered and still play even though there's nothing left to do in Draenor
>>
After E3

>That Spider-Man game by Insomniac
>Those Crash remasters
>Titanfall 2
>Persona 5
>New Zelda
>New South Park
>Dead Rising 4
>No Man's Sky('s soundtrack by 65daysofstatic)

I'm at a point where I'd like to buy a PS4 but I'm not going to because the Neo is right around the corner. I made that mistake years ago when I bought the original, fat PS3 the day they announced the slim version.

Also my backlog is insane right now but I only want to play Overwatch.
>>
>>29372057
Next Deus Ex
FFXV
FFVII remake
Last Guardian
Beyond Good and Evil sequel if there ever is one
DOOM when I get something that can play it
>>
>>29373264
Have you seen the demo? It's a lot like PT

I know how bad the new RE games are but eh, I'll still take a look how it is
>>
>>29373683
Ive heard that the demo is actually a red herring as to how the actual game will play.

It's probably like this to hop onto the vr meme machine
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>29372057
Battlefield 1

Sue me
>>
The next splinter cell
Skate 4, cmon EA
Wash Dogs 2 seems pretty cool aside from the nigger as the main character
and idk what else
>>
File: zelda.webm (426 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
zelda.webm
426 KB, 1024x576
>>29372515
as much as I want to lie to myself and say skyward sword was good, it really wasn't. There were definitely some good parts, but halfway through the story it makes you turn around and go through the exact same levels again. Fi keeps crawling up your ass, pausing the game and telling you the most obvious, redundant, braindead shit.

And then there's the low resolution, no AA and 24-30 fps.

Final bosses were alright though.
>>
>>29372923
This. Kojima has a good history. Let's hope for something great
>>
Advanced Warfare
>>
>>29373861
Last thing I heard about Skate 4 was that there are people within EA that would love to make it but the higher ups don't want to. Even though the world wants Skate 4 more than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu3qW7lr5o
>>
>>29374092
fuck, damnit EA : /
>>
nier automata
new spiderman
new zelda
new person
>>
>>29372057
Psychonauts 2
>>
>>29372089

I almost share this feeling in that I don't play videogames as often as I used to, but it's probably more to do with me constantly over thinking so many things every second of the days and being unable to focus on escapism or innocent entertainment in general than simply being bored of videogames.

I still wish to play my favorite series whenever I see new iterations released and miss playing with siblings, but I haven't played many of them in years due to lack of motivation to do so and/or lack of funds.

The last consoles I had were from the previous generation of systems.
>>
>>29372057
mount&blade2
and ultimately half life 3
maybe, someday, just to have my hopes crushed again by bethesda - tes6

btw thanks anon, you reminded me that I have some purpose in this world, and saving few neetbucks a month for a gaming pc isn't that aimless
>>
maybe the spiderman game if it's like spiderman 2
probably the new south park.
I hope the new Ace Combat game isn't shit.
I don't play as much video games anymore, I might just pass on the PS4, my pc is fine enough and the PS3 isn't even being used anymore
>>
>>29374670
I do have a 3DS with FE Conquest, but it just feels incomplete with having only half the pathway. Don't know what else to get, maybe Majora's Mask. Other than that it'll keep gathering dust again
>>
I am unironically looking forward to Mighty No. 9 and think it's gonna be alright. Debate me.
>>
i don't really follow gaming anymore, but i will be playing the next mass effect game. hopefully it isn't complete shit.
>>
>>29374670
I wish there were more games that interested me on PS4. I can't justify buying one right now. I know the whole argument of making enough money would allow you to justify the expense regardless, but I don't make a lot and would only be willing to buy a system if it has a lot on offer I'd actually play.
Essentially, I'm cheap as sin, but I'd make the effort to get one if there was more of interest.
>>
Rising storm 2
>>
>>29374733
That's exactly how I feel. I'm only looking at Ace Combat and maybe EDF but it's usually dead on arrival anyway. Squeenix makes their games on PC now and there's not too many other games I'd be interested in, maybe Destiny but that might just be to have

I'm a cheapass too so with their added 60 bucks a year for online, it's even more for me to justify to myself.
>>
We Happy Few

I begged them for a beta invite on twitter with no luck :/
>>
File: Detroit_Become_Human.jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Detroit_Become_Human.jpg
29 KB, 600x300
Pic related, getting a PS4 just for this.

When I saw the trailer I felt like it breathed life into me, if that makes any sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pelrr__9qx8
>>
>>29372057
A next gen command and conquer game

One year...
>>
File: 1463703568540.jpg (52 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1463703568540.jpg
52 KB, 550x550
>>29372057
Honestly just looking forward to the new Nintendo Handheld announcement. Mount and Blade 2 looks pretty good. Mass Effect trilogy is my favorite video game triology so looking forward for the fourth. I don't perticuraly like Zelda game, nor do I find the new one looking good, but it does have some sort of comfy feel to it that I wouldn't mind picking it up and playing. Also Deus Ex I would want to pick up and maybe no mans sky, but just maybe for that one. I'll also probably get the new pokemon sun/moon and than hate myself for getting it afterwards ,like always lol.

Mainly looking forward to the new Final Fantasy the most.
>>
>>29372669
What are Neptunia and Etrian Odyssey like? Based off the MH and Zelda, we have somewhat similar tastes, and I'm looking to get into new games.
>>
>>29372057
The new quake. Im sure they will fuck it up somehow though. Please god Just give me a competitive fps with a big community. None of that rng noobshit.
>>
File: 1447849254461.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1447849254461.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>29372089
>muh growing up

You fell for the normalfag meme. Good job on not enjoying things because they tell you can't.
>>
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY 2
>>
Star citizen
FF xv and vii remake
Yooka layle
>>
>>29374943
Etrian Odyssey is just a dungeon crawler RPG, really. If you ever played Yggdra Union, it's fair to say it's close to that. I like it, though outside of the Untold versions, you can't go in expecting much of a story for most of the series. As the series went on, its classes got more interesting along with them bringing in either new gimmicks or new mechanics. There are enough differences between each game that it doesn't feel like you're just playing the same thing again, thankfully. FOE enemies are also always fun to fight.
Neptunia's just a series of console references in a JRPG and breaking the fourth wall with more jokes. It's generally light-hearted, outside of mk2/Re;Birth 2 which tried to be a little more serious and hurt itself trying. Mostly I play for the characters, scenes and interactions, though the gameplay did get better since the very first title.

You can emulate Etrian Odyssey 2 and 3, or if there's a demo on the 3DS you can try that for Untold and/or 4? I'm not sure it has a demo, I just kinda assume it would because so many games have one on the 3DS eshop. If there is, you can get an idea of the series from a demo play, or emulating one of the two titles. EO1 isn't advisable, though you definitely can. I just can't look back at EO1 after the changes in 2 and 3 in the same way.
>>
File: 1459005511630.jpg (118 KB, 616x480) Image search: [Google]
1459005511630.jpg
118 KB, 616x480
I don't really look forward to anything. I have so many games to play already buying anymore would just be a waste.

That being said, I am loving the fuck out of Trails of Cold Steel and the Tales of games.
>>
>>29375084
Thx mate, I'll be sure to check those out. Do you know if MH Stories is coming to the US?
>>
File: Sara.jpg (292 KB, 698x945) Image search: [Google]
Sara.jpg
292 KB, 698x945
Just look at this wonderful cake.

I want to take her home and feed her beer.
>>
>>29372057
Dow 3 and Infinity Battlescape
>>
>>29375005
I know that feel. I just want fast paced arena FPS to be real again. Quake Live is so dead.
>>
>>29372057
There is literally no game I am looking forward to. I can still enjoy games but everything they announced at E3 and before is boring me to death. I can't give a shit about some online bullshit that will die off quickly after release and the rest is just normie bullshit that will suck either way.
>>
>>29375129
No confirmation yet, but I hope it does. Hopefully Capcom won't let the west down, we need more Monster Hunter stuff over here.
>>
Dishonoured 2.

Another vampire: bloodlines game.
>>
>>29372057
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
You had to see it coming.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 302x167
I just hope rare doesn't fuck it up
>>
>>29375550
No, because this isn't reddit.com
>>
>>29372057
>kingdom come
>deux ex mankind divided
>bannerlord
>>
File: tr_aerial.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tr_aerial.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>29372057
Tamriel Rebuilt
version 16.04 release when?
>>
>>29373765
Fuck, really? That's disappointing

Since PT and Allison Road got canceled, I really want that experience fully realized :/
>>
>>29374856
is that catpiss
>>
>>29376797
Valorie Curry
>>
>>29377008
>>29376797
Forgot pic

ORIGINALO
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.