[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing the lottery is a very robotic thing to do. I know people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: powerball.png (509 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
powerball.png
509 KB, 492x479
Playing the lottery is a very robotic thing to do.

I know people will immediately jump in and say 'Idiot tax' and stuff like that. It's true that the odds for the Lottery are pretty poor compared to other forms of gambling like Blackjack which has a tiny house edge, but the lottery is unique.

When you buy a lottery ticket, you are not making a considered financial decision, you are buying hope. A few dollars is a small price to pay for having hours or days of optimism.

Even St Elliot himself played the lottery.
>>
File: 1453080147987.jpg (8 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1453080147987.jpg
8 KB, 208x250
>buy lottery ticket
>don't even get my money back
>>
>>29370377
Sucks chief. I played the PowerBall for a month and a half on $4. Would buy 2 tickets and win $4 on one every drawing.

In all honesty I know I have practically no chance of winning, but for $4? Who fucking cares. That's not even one drink at the bar for me.
>>
I agree dude. You are buying hope. Imagine waking up and learning all you financial problem vanish.
You don't work and suck up to your boss. Your free to pruse your dream. Travel and see the world. Learn to fight cook anything you.
>>
>>29370350
>playing the lottery is a very robotic thing to do

Why cause faggot Elliot played it, Jesus this board is getting gayer and gayer by the second
>>
>>29370350
The lottery is ok to do if you do it just as a little game.
But if you play the lottery with actual hopes of winning, then you have a problem
>>
>>29370350
the lottery is a good thing, I personally won $40 a few days ago
>>
>>29370830
This. Quick pick they check mutiple drawings. Dont check the ticket for weeks sometimes.
>>
Under certain conditions the lottery is EV positive, but to manage that level of risk you would need to be investing millions of dollars elsewhere. Also have a system for sorting tickets quickly.
>>
>>29370350
It's no stupider than investing in a child.
>>
>>29370934
Nice, happy for you
>>
>>29370350
You're not buying hope, hope is being used against you, period. And fuck Elliot, he was a stupid faggot
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.