[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /terrifiedofdriving/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (289 KB, 3000x1984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289 KB, 3000x1984
Who else /terrifiedofdriving/?
>>
File: classic.jpg (2 MB, 3812x1607) Image search: [Google]
classic.jpg
2 MB, 3812x1607
Dunno what you're talking about, person.

I've had 4 cars in 8 years and have put a combined 165k kilometers on them while doing all the repairs for them myself.

Pic related, my latest merc, I'm getting a new one in a couple of months from Japan.
>>
>>29370397

SAUNA
A
U
N
A

blox blox
>>
>>29370308
I'm terrified of driving on highways and cities I'm unfamiliar with
>>
File: IMG_0316.jpg (1 MB, 2691x1695) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0316.jpg
1 MB, 2691x1695
driving is fun if you have a fast car
>>
>>29370308
Are you learning too ?

I was terrified at first but it got better. I still can't go on the highway unless it's empty though.
>>
>>29370308
Once you get over the initial anxiety of driving, it's really comfy.
Once I start driving on a familiar road autopilot kicks in and it gives me time to think about things while listening to my music.
>>
Start riding motorcycles, 100% serious. Used to be scared as fuck of driving. Cars feel fucking slow and boring now. I have to stop myself or I'll speed like 20 mph on the highway.
>>
>>29370642
I've had my license for a year but only recently started driving
>>
File: 92a0083ee7bb_sf_5.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
92a0083ee7bb_sf_5.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>29370696
>start riding motorcyles
No thanks. People that ride motorcycles are either really stupid or really brave. Probably a combination of both.
>>
>>29370308

Me. I have never driven over 20 miles straight. I'm more afraid of getting pulled over and confronting a police officer than getting in a wreck.
>>
>>29370308
Driving is shit

mostly because other people ruin your driving experience
>>
>>29370860
>Some squid not wearing gear and probably speeding died
GEE I FUCKING WONDER WHY
>>
>>29370886

This. Too many pushy drivers that demand you to speed and go through tight openings on turns.
>>
>started driving last year when i was 18
>had huge car accident because some old slovenian slut crashed in my car becuase she "didn't see the red light", totaled
>had driving anxiety for a long time
>driving normally again

wew
>>
File: crashke.webm (670 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
crashke.webm
670 KB, 426x240
>>29370696
>get get a motorcycle bro
I ride a motorcycle and even I tell people not to ride on the "trail by fire" thing motorcycles are when you first start out
>>
>>29370907
>pushy
>tight openings

kek
>>
>>29370922
If OP just takes the BRC he should be fine.
>>
>>29370922

I kek'd at the crash. Don't know why.
>>
>>29370397

>I need a new car every 2 years
>I am proud of this

Why do you suck?
>>
>>29370308
>Who else /terrifiedofdriving/?

Me but only because my car has a broken seatbelt, brakes are nearly dead, pretty sure the tyres are worn out to fuck but I'm too poor to fix
>>
File: 63044243.png (220 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
63044243.png
220 KB, 858x725
>>29370860
HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO STOP RIDING HER FUCKING MOTORCYCLE?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TELL HER ITS NOT SAFE AND I WORRY BUT SHE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT
>>
File: wheelies.webm (864 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wheelies.webm
864 KB, 400x400
>>29370960
>BRC
Even then its still a trail by fire, I had 2-3 times I could have died if I something was done a step differently. And the best way you'll learn shit not to do is from the near misses/falls
i.e. dont ride in the center in the rain
i.e. dont straighten the bike if you think you wont make it
i.e. dont target fixate
i.e. dont ride aggressively with cold tires
i.e. dont use too much rear brake or youll highside
i.e. dont accelerate too quickly in the rain or your rear tire will lose traction

If you're riding a motorcycle its a trail by fire that the BRC wont fully prepare you for

Also women dont care if you have a bike, thats a meme
>>
i don't have a problem with driving but taking the drivers test terrifies me.
>>
>>29370860
I ride them with little regard for safety because my life is shit and I have nothing to lose. I've already come to grips with the reality of being severed in two and spending my last moments bleeding out on hot asphalt.

I'm pretty weirded out by how many normals with happy lives and gfs willingly ride them on public roads. If I won the lottery or something I would probably stop riding.
>>
>>29370308
Here. I'm already 18 and a half and I've only drove a bit once with my brother's assistance before he had surgery.

I'm scared not only of being a bad driver, but also because I keep having intrusive thoughts of dying in a car crash. I can see myself crashing because of those thoughts.
>>
>>29371062
I can see your point.

>>29371113
And I agree with you. I have everything I could want in my life, many would call me a normie. But that riding and almost dying feeling is the only thing that I've found that can cure my depression.
>>
>>29370907
>this is the faggot that drives slow as fuck on one lane roads
k y s
y
s
>>
>>29371061
Show her some pictures of motorcycle accidents. If that doesn't convince her then nothing will, except maybe an actual crash.
>>29371113
Nigga, you crazy. You better hope you die instantly and don't get turned into a paraplegic or something.
>>
>>29371165

I don't drive.
>>
>>29371117
dog are you me
same age and everything
>>
File: 231752145.jpg (53 KB, 752x501) Image search: [Google]
231752145.jpg
53 KB, 752x501
I'm currently learning how to drive since I bought a car recently. I have my permit now and going to take my drivers test next month.

I only drive to work so far, no where else. My job is 15mins away so it's a pretty nice drive. I still haven't tried driving on a freeway or even parking. But I will before my test.

I sort of hate driving. I hate it because I drive the speed limit, or a little over (just 1-5mph over, nothing more). Yet people drive like fucking maniacs and go 10mph+ over. Sometimes tailing or trying to rush me.
So I don't trust the others on the road. Of course I think everyone feels this way. If I could ride a bike everywhere in my life instead of driving, I would in a heart beat.

I just want to go 2 years in the future when I'm a better driver and can drive anywhere. Currently I just fucking hate it. The only reason I want to drive is so I don't have to burden my family with driving me places anymore.
I also think having my own car and driving may finally get me a gf.
>>
File: motorbike.jpg (739 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
motorbike.jpg
739 KB, 2448x2448
>>29371113
same here, I started riding because I could care less if I died
>>29371137
>I can see your point.
The point is motorcycles are really too dangerous unless you're serious about it and are probably okay with losing your life
>>
>>29370397
>stance
kys asap
>>
Experience will cure you

Practise late at night when streets are empty
>>
>>29370397
Mate, I've had the same Toyota for nine years. It has 306,000 miles on it and it still runs perfectly fine. I just put a new set of brakes and tires on it.
>>
>>29370922
That guy was ok btw
>>
>>29371183
>I only drive to work so far, no where else.
>I still haven't tried [...] parking.
lmao
>>
>>29371166
I already have a gun in case of such a scenario. Even if I couldn't use it I'm sure I can figure something out.

When I say I have nothing to lose I mean it, I drew a really shit hand.
>>
>>29371206

Cops pull you over if you are driving at 2AM. They think you are doing something drug related.
>>
File: 1343786903049.jpg (143 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1343786903049.jpg
143 KB, 1024x576
>making a turn
>feel pressured by the car behind me
>constantly afraid of getting honked or yelled at
>>
>literally caring about what normies think about you on the road
THIS is why you are all virgins.
>>
File: 1402350867498.png (32 KB, 609x799) Image search: [Google]
1402350867498.png
32 KB, 609x799
>tfw shitty driver
>tfw constantly scrape everything
>>
>>29370308
I am terrified of driving
>>29370695
I hope so
>>
>>29371235
I only have a permit so I have to drive with someone at all times. My mom drives with me there and back.
When we reach my job I stop in the middle of the parking lot and get out the car. Then she drives it home. Then she drives it back to pick me up, then I drive it back home. I don't even park in my driveway because my mom tells me to stop at the side of the road so she can drive to work.

So yeah, no parking experience.
>>
File: 1461381795948.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1461381795948.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
I really enjoy driving, but fuck other drivers
>>
>>29371166
>Show her some pictures of motorcycle accidents.
I did but she wasn't convinced. WHY THE FUCK DOES SHE HAVE TO BE SUCH A THRILL SEEKER AND ME SUCH A PUSSY IN COMPARISON
>>
I'm afraid that something wrong will happen to my car, and I won't be able to fix it causing a traffic jam like a retard.
>>
I constantly get worried about long driving trips but then I actually go on them and I'm fine. I'm a pretty damn good fucking driver all things considered and honestly I like driving. I like just getting in my car at 3 AM and driving around the city, especially going downtown, seeing the empty, dark streets. It's calming as fuck.
>>
>>29370308
>terrified of driving
Nope. I've been driving for a few years now and I've literally never been in an accident nor have I been pulled over. I actually really enjoy driving, it's pretty fun to blast some tunes and speed down the highway at night.
>>
File: 1462357262321.jpg (466 KB, 2768x2928) Image search: [Google]
1462357262321.jpg
466 KB, 2768x2928
i have very low attention span. I often think about bullshit and get compeltely lost in it for like two minutes. If I ever get driver license I will probably lose it on the same day because I will go on red, wont notice traffic signs, go too fast or slow accidentaly. Just kill me. Not to mention I still cant navigate in city that I live in for 18 years now
>>
When I was learning to drive I was scared shitless of it, would finish the lesson and have my shirt dripping with sweat. Once I practiced more and drove more on my own it ended up being one of the more enjoyable things I do.

Most people drive too slow though. When you know there's no traffic, no pedesterians, no lights and no speed cameras, why do you still insist on driving slow as shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGprThdvMNY
>>
>>29371323
Fuck them. They only care about them self. They don't see what you are seeing. Many drivers would see you run off the road if it means saving them self 10 seconds

Remember next time when someone is pressuring you, if you got in an accident, do you think they would stop to help you because they were the one pressuring you, or would they just drive off without any care?
>>
>>29370308
Hi OP,

I too am also terrified of driving.
I forced myself to get a driver's license. My mom paid for driver's lessons with a nice old man who was really patient and calming. He helped me pass my road test, though I've never felt comfortable driving.
In fact I HATE driving. I have my parents drive me around.
I never drove outside of those lessons. Except for a short trip to a grocery store and back (Very Short.) Even that sent me into panic mode.
I thank my nice driving instructor. At least get your license. That way you can keep a clean driver's license since you won't be driving ever again after you get it.
I was lucky, even passed my road test the 1st time.
But I don't drive. Because I hate other drivers, I hate most people.
>>
>tfw cant pass drivers test

HELP ME OUT BROS HELP

I get nervous alot
>>
>>29371535

smoke some weed before to calm you down
>>
>tfw just passed my test first time

couldnt believe it, was driving with my instructor for an hour before and stalled on a roundabout
>>
>>29371022

Need? more like I want. I like old mercs and have been buying what I can afford.

Now that I'm coming into a bit more money and have a stable job I'm getting a new nicer one, it's only natural.

Why are you butthurt?
>>
>>29371183
I can't reverse park for my fucking life, but I can front park easily. No worries anon. I haven't gotten on a highway, but all you gotta do on those is follow a simple speed limit and know where you're going, and if you wanna turn to an exit, you turn on your blinkers, and slow down just a tad so people know that you're moving to the side- or just be to the side of the exit in the first place. I couldn't learn how to drive for shit because my mom would always scream and yell at me when she was in the car with me, then I just learned on my own. It ain't that hard, no worries.
>>
File: 1366897074545.png (932 KB, 623x622) Image search: [Google]
1366897074545.png
932 KB, 623x622
>>29370308
I'm scared of having so much power for the first time I'll just go full GTA mode and feel alive for the first time running over people

>anon, get your birth certificate and apply!
ONLY IF YOU KNEW YOU FUCKING WHORE
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
My mom got me pic related today but I don't really like driving so it will probably sit in the drive way
>>
>>29370308
I hate cars and driving. I can't wait until they're ALL driving themselves. Humans should only be able to drive as a hobby on specified tracks and lots.
>>
I'm only terrified of driving due to my car being a pile of rust on four wheels.

Still do 100 mph in it from time to time, when I've been drinking.
>>
>>29370308
Nah. Going from scooter to car makes me appreciate the hard steel box around me. Had my car since Nov when I passed.

I floor it at every available opportunity.
The car behaves very predictably.
You know what isn't predictable? Other motorists. Those fuckers are the ones that will mess you up. NEVER trust another motorist's signals or vision.
>>
File: 14661902983410.png (80 KB, 367x381) Image search: [Google]
14661902983410.png
80 KB, 367x381
>>29370308
> be me
> bump into people while walking
> have no sense of surrounding whatsoever
> often bump into stuff with my feet
> tfw will probably kill somebody the first day of my driving life
nah, fuck it. I don't wanna go to jail just because I'm a dummy
>>
File: 1466260735240.jpg (27 KB, 413x744) Image search: [Google]
1466260735240.jpg
27 KB, 413x744
>Graduated high school in May
>2 weeks ago go into DMV to get permit
>They tell me I have to go take some bullshit driving class first because my dad forced me to move the year I was taking my Driver's Ed class and when I changed schools their Ed class was full so they told me to fuck off
>Go take the fucking driver's class, there was a literal fucking autist there who had some fucking story that he just had to tell every time the teach gave us information
>6 hours of this shit nonstop, felt like killing myself by the end
>Go back to DMV
>They tell me now I have to fucking do 8 hours behind the wheel AND THEN they give me my permit
Every time I speak to these mother fuckers they give me something else to do, it is a never ending ride with these mother fuckers. Fuck the DMV. Now since they are making me jump through so many hoops I am going to get my permit, then immediately go in for my license with only 8 hours experience behind the wheel. Fuck these faggots, if I kill someone or myself then so be it.
>>
>>29371814

Too bad I will never live to see the day that you can just call up robotically-driven car, rent it out for cheap (or have a yearly or monthly car pass), and pull up straight to the destination without having to dodge other cars in the gigantic yard of asphalt called a parking lot.
>>
>>29371932

Then this will be replace eventually with practical teleportation.
>>
>>29371213

My current mercedes has 332k miles on the clock, runs great and makes more power than stock, but I want an even cleaner car with minimal miles and lots more power.

Now that I have the money I'll be driving what I want instead of what I should (economically/financially speaking)
>>
>>29370308
i am terrified of driving i have my license for 3 years now but im only riding my bike
>>
Anyone can't wait for driverless cars to come out?
>>
File: your knight has arrived.gif (973 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
your knight has arrived.gif
973 KB, 300x169
>>29371061
>break up with her so she can date some one that will enjoy her hobbies with her
>>
The other day I was in my friends car looking for a space to park and he was driving towards a wall when he panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake it was a tiny bump and no real damage was done to the car but it felt so powerful, I can't imagine what a real car crash would be like
>>
>>29371062
Do you mean trial by fire?
>>
>>29372517

gahahaha your friend is a literal retard.
>>
>tfw 24 years old and don't have drivers license
>got permit a few years ago, took a few lessons but had no way to practice so it expired
>literally scared when i ride in cars that other cards are going to merge into us and hit us, turn into us, etc
>each day that goes by i am more and more humiliated and scared to get license
>no friends or girlfriend anyway, not like i would go anywhere with my car

i have to get it this summer i just have to
>>
>>29370308
Oh god how autistic must you be to be terrified of something that any dumb faggot does daily without any trouble.
>>
I have a license but I don't drive. Why? Because I wouldn't be able to handle getting into an accident especially if it's my fault. I'd probably break down in the middle of the road hoping to get runover.
>>
File: 1464901267775.png (622 KB, 437x701) Image search: [Google]
1464901267775.png
622 KB, 437x701
>>29370308
>Who else /terrifiedofdriving/?

Cars are for pussies and normies
>>
>>29370308
true sign of an ultimate beta
>>
>>29370308
What are you talking about, driving is chill as fuck.
I have a licence but I've never driven all by myself in the car, dad doesn't trust me with his yet.
We'll probably buy a new one come october and I'll go to uni with it.
>>
>>29371445
this guy knows what's up. Night highway driving is one of the greatest activities of all time. Blast some fucking F-zero gx or initial d music and push it to the limit.
>>
>>29371795
fuck you, you spoiled piece of shit.
>>
>>29371535
Take drivers' school.

IT helped me a lot.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.