[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /r9k/ I'm sure that most of us fall on the Autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1465202121426.png (640 KB, 1826x1552) Image search: [Google]
1465202121426.png
640 KB, 1826x1552
Alright /r9k/ I'm sure that most of us fall on the Autism Spectrum somewhere along the line.
So in order to celebrate Autism Pride Day let's have a good old fashioned Autism story thread.
>>
>>29369444

Checked. Actual autism or le cringy meme kind?
>>
File: bIq7VaI.png (287 KB, 1072x649) Image search: [Google]
bIq7VaI.png
287 KB, 1072x649
>>29369813
Either or. Both are equally accepted today.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
>>29369444
>tfw you are autistic enough to not notice anything bad about what that guy said
>>
>>29369843

Do you by chance come from the land of the white, orange-eyed alien?
>>
>>29369947
>Reddit
>4chan
Mutually exclusive in my opinion. Might as well go browse god damned Ebaumsworld.
>>
>>29369929
Feels bad bro.
What kind of special interests does /r9k/ have?
Personally I'm really autistic for dinosaurs, like holy shit I can info dump forever about then.
>>
>>29369444
The autism spectrum is so broad now that every robot who is slightly socially awkward is suddenly autistic. It also doesn't help that its a fucking meme illness used as a buzzword for someone you don't like. No wonder no one can take this shit seriously.

>le autism so cringy XDDDD
>>
>>29370264
Well it makes sense, same thing with cancer.
>>
>>29369843
TOP FUCKING KEK

LE ORIGINALLIO
>>
File: stopp.jpg (27 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
stopp.jpg
27 KB, 480x367
>>29369444
Might as well post my own, been meaning to tell this story for a while
>About 13 years old
>In YMCA summer camp
>Know this one girl I go to camp with, probably one of my only friends at that camp and have a crush on her
>One day she is acting really depressed and self- conscious, saying she thinks she is ugly
>Looking back on it, she was probably just fishing for compliments, but I fell for the bait and tried to make her feel better
>Try to tell her that she isn't ugly
>What I was going to say was "Cheer up, you're not ugly"
>Thanks to my crippling autism, what I ACTUALLY said was "Cheer up, you're not THAT ugly"
>>
>>29370595
kek how did she react?
>>
If some actual aspies or autists are reading this, can you tell about your symptoms/traits/tendencies? How does it affect your life and how did you get a diagnosis?
>>
>>29370773
Can't remember exactly since it happened so many years ago, but I think it was something along the lines of "Anon, what the hell, why would you say that?!"
>>
>>29370812
In all seriousness , I have minor autism. It hasn't affected me too much though, more when I was younger. Some things I did because of my autism were having my first words when I was 5 years old, getting really horrible grades in school to the point of getting held back once, and getting upset easily and shouting at teachers when I was in elementary school when I did things to get in trouble like not doing my homework. I think I've gotten my shit together since then, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>29370812
I got diagnosed when I was about 3, had to get speech therapy and everything.

But, I dunno. I can interact and read body language fine, I can predict how people think really well, although I do have pretty bad social anxiety, and that can cause me to spaghetti a bit, but I don't think it's normally very noticeable (and if people find out somehow that I was diagnosed with ASD, they're usually pretty surprised).
>>
>>29370930
>>29371048

Do you have sensory problems?
>>
>>29371687
Not any that impact my life in any crazy way. My hearing is a bit sensitive (certain noises physically hurt, like styrofoam breaking) but that could also just be normal hearing sensitivity (nobody likes nails on a chalkboard.) My vision is poor and I don't seem to have any tactile sensory problems now, although I might have when I was a wee lad.
>>
> girl looks me in the eyes
> haha your name has "kiss" in it ;)
> well yours has "idget" like you're a midget
> "oh okay"
>>
>>29370812
I wave my hands around like a bird.

So do 2/3 of my siblings.

Not diagnosed but my oldest sister is. She's got a degree in computer science.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.