[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
diagnose me r9k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: mental.jpg (106 KB, 1000x643) Image search: [Google]
mental.jpg
106 KB, 1000x643
Diagnose me /r9k/ - you got my other mental problems right in the past and I could really use your help right now.

It's hard for me to explain this but please read all of it ...

So do you know that warm feeling you get being around your friends (humor me) - how they cheer you up or make you feel something? I've never had any of that. The only time I've ever felt anything around other people was when I took MDMA. I do feel emotions in general - mostly sadness and sometimes happiness - but when it comes to people it's like they're a blank movie that I'm watching that ends in me feeling more alone than if I never watched it.

This has been the case my entire life and it's why I don't have any friends at the moment: because even though I can easily find people to become friends with -- I can't feel anything towards them nor do I feel any sense of connection to them so the "friendship" loses all meaning.

Is there a name for this? Is there a cure?
>>
>>29367588
Ya sure it ain't old boring depression?
>>
>>29367657
D-does depression go away if you don't treat it? I have been depressed for a long time but I wouldn't think it would effect my ability to connect with people
>>
Maybe you haven't met someone you really get along with yet. That's probably the most hopeful scenario.

I don't feel that way around most people, people usually provoke anxiety or aversion, but I guess even that is something.

Could be an empathy thing but maybe not.
>>
Psychologist here. You are a cannibalistic psychopath. Calling the FBI this right moment.
>>
Would autism be a good diagnosis? I read before that they have problems with emotional connection and social problems. But I dunno ... it seems like it doesn't account for everything
>>
Probably Schizoid Personality Disorder.
>>
>>29368484
Isn't that incredibly rare?
>>
File: freud.jpg (87 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
87 KB, 640x960
>>29367588
Schizoid personality disorder fits remarkably well with what you said. But laymen, internet diagnosis, disclaimer, you get the idea.
>>29368191
No, autists are not capable of making friends.
>>29368583
Yes, as in it is not diagnosed commonly. No since these people do not bother with psychiatrists so they rarely receive a daingosis.
>>
>>29367588
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
No need to thank me, fellow schizoid
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.