[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me, /r9k/, what is it like being smart? How does it feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1448051123803.gif (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448051123803.gif
133 KB, 500x500
Tell me, /r9k/, what is it like being smart? How does it feel to go through life knowing you are the intellectual superior to 99% of the people you come across? Do you ever get frustrated by being surrounded by idiots and morons at all times and in all places, including on the internet? Or do you enjoy it? I ask this as a mere simpleton myself, a man of merely average intellect, for I will never know these feels.
>>
I used to think I was pretty smart.

But as I went along in life, I met more people to dissuade me of the notion.

If you think you're really smart, that's probably only because you haven't met enough people
>>
>>29366872
I wouldn't call myself smart, but I used to work in an area where all the African immigrants live and they're all stupid as shit
It was the most frustrating time of my life dealing with these idiots.
I'm pretty sure that's was true genius level people feel like when talking with regular folk like us.
>>
>>29366872
I read a lot of books so I'm somewhat knowledgeable. But intelligent? Nah.

Those moments when you know more as someone but don't want to be too smug about it sucks though.
>>
>>29366872
>Tell me, /r9k/, what is it like being smart
I can't imagine it would be that great.
You wouldn't really be able to meet people at the same intellectual level as you, and thus make less friends.
>How does it feel to go through life knowing you are the intellectual superior to 99% of the people you come across?
That would be a benefit. However, you are also burdened with the depressing truths of reality that many others do not, similar to the way we experience pain normies don't.
>Do you ever get frustrated by being surrounded by idiots and morons at all times and in all places, including on the internet?
I would imagine that that would vary per intellectual
>>
I have a great memory and perform really well on standardized multiple choice tests so I went through my entire life thinking I was smart and had some numbers to throw around to "prove" it. Then I realized slowly over the course of high school and the three semesters of college I did before I flunked out that anything that involved communicating or even slight application of things I'd learned was completely impossible for me and I'm actually a moron, so I can't really help you.
>>
File: teach.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
teach.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
>>29366872
I just nod more than I agree if that make sense.

I also think that there is a lot of truth to this
>>29366924

intelligence is complex and what parts you need vary, what I tend to do is consider a persons capacity and versatility/flexibility, a smarter person would overcome more with the same tools.

But I do consider myself smarter than many people in society, not because of genetics or my awesome brain power, but because I have gained a perspective they lack, I see things differently, the general public don't question, they think the best system is the one they have where they live etc

But I think that this perspective and a different way of thinking to a large extent can be learned, just like charm, memorization and pretty much anything else.
>>
>>29367036
It's not your fault. Compulsory education is a traumatic experience for everyone, even though most don't realize it.
>>
>>29366872
I think I'm reasonably intelligent. I realize that most people get confused when I start talking tangentially or existentially. I don't get frustrated, I just feel weird.

When they start to get out of their comfort zone they just look at you like you have three heads unless you can think of a way to keep the conversation moving. They just don't like when their normal sitcom NPC dialogue shifts to something they aren't comfortable with. They don't seem to like to talk about anything but themselves and their social lives. I feel most women are totally solipsistic without actually knowing what that signifies. They are just ignorant and content to stay that way.

Anyway, I try to make friends but they usually dont stick around. I feel like I wig people out by just being someone who wasn't raised in front of a TV watching Spongebob and that type of thing.
>>
>>29366872
It was frustrating when I worked in retail but when I started uni I became more comfortable around people. I also feel much better when I'm actually working hard, being smart but lazy is worthless. Sometimes I meet people who seem much smarter than me or I read something that seems impossible to decipher which sucks at first but with work I can understand them and match those ideas which is a big ego boost.

In my case being intelligent means you have a high capacity for information and to a lesser degree a higher speed of acquiring information. I don't get frustrated with people who aren't as smart as me because I enjoy educating other people.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.