[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Droping out and wageslaving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: BarneyFilm.jpg (15 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
BarneyFilm.jpg
15 KB, 400x306
Who here fucked up in college (droped out) and now is going to wageslave in a minimum wage drone-like job for the rest of their lives?
I feel like ordering some helium to be honest. If i'm going to put cans in shelves for the rest of my life i literally don't know how i will be able to cope with life...
Unless, it's harsh in the first months but then you become a drone yourself and you will stop feeling anything and caring for ambitions, hopes and dreams...
I think that i'll probably loose all my personality.

I lost my oportunity to meet people with similiar interests to mine and fight for my ambitions... It's funny cause i never tought that a person could loose so much in life...
>>
You will only be a drone if you choose to be. Focus on starting your own business if you want to get somewhere.
>>
>>29366883
>Focus on starting your own business

Dude, i literally droped out of college, i don't know anything about financing... I was never suited to create my own business nor i intend to unless i want to drown in debt.

There is no escape. I'll just hope that they let me have some days off at weekend so i can get completely drunk and numb my feelings.

Now i understand why proletarians look so miserable and unhealthy.
>>
>>29366937
Then read mr money moustache, that's your escape
>>
>>29367041
Nah, my escape is alchool.
I'll just try to accept my fate and see myself detriorating...
I'll probably become that old creep guy that scares young people.
>>
>>29366728
>implying if you didn't drop out you wouldn't be a wage slave
>>
>>29367075
Well at least you read his stuff, it's important to be aware of it
>>
Yeah, you're definitely fucked, OP. Not once in history has anyone who took time off from college ever gone back and finished. You blew the only chance you will ever have. Enjoy grinding poverty until the end of your days.
>>
>>29367081
A fairly well paid wage slave that is treated with respect for complex yet otherwise easy task is a little different than wage slaving at Wal-Mart
>>
>>29367126
>Not once in history has anyone who took time off from college ever gone back and finished

My mom actually did that "just because" in her 50s even though she had no ambitions about improving her employment prospects.

College is free here tho so...
>>
>>29367155
This

>>29367126
>You blew the only chance you will ever have. Enjoy grinding poverty until the end of your days.

I have a loaded gun and a marked bullet with a nice smiling face drawn in it. If things start to become unbearable, i'll drink myself into oblivion and then proceed to shoot myself and leave the mortal realm.
>>
>>29366728
Me too man. I've failed too much in Uni and I'm gonna start wageslaving soon
>>
>>29367242
How old are you pal?
22 here, soon to be 23... Man, what i would give to be 18 again so i could fix my life
>>
>>29366728
I dropped out and now work at a fortune 500 making 70k base at the first level of my job
Just get good
>>
>>29367294
How the fuck did you manage that?
>>
I don't know you but if you are intelligent enough you can literally do any job and have a chance for promotion. It is just about your attitude.
>>
>>29367254
>what i would give to be 18 again so i could GET BULLIED BY CHAD AND DROOL OVER STACY WHILE PLAYING COD AND FAILING AT HIGH SCHOOL

Fixed it for ya
>>
>>29367308
Learned something not taught in colleges that is in semi high demand
>>
>still getting faggy degree
>will also be a low rent wagie and die
It don't matter, none of this matters
>>
>>29367352
I didn't failed at high school.
My high school years were pretty chill

>>29367369
well, at least you are more cultured now and you are better than those who don't have a degree at all
>>
>>29367308
He made a post on an anonymous board. Pretty easy
>>
>>29367254
21. Wish I'd go back too. Somewhere after HS Ijust completely gave
>>
>>29367433
You are still quite young. How long you stayed in college?
>>
>>29367502
2 years so far, but alongside with the failed classes, the fees are a lot

Only thing left fore is retail or warehouse
>>
>>29367557
Yap. same here.
Call centers, retail and warehouse are the only options left.
>>
File: 1461399300984.png (38 KB, 979x731) Image search: [Google]
1461399300984.png
38 KB, 979x731
>>29367620
Atleast we can finally be valuable members of society
>>
>>29367735
We won't be valuable.
We will be replacable members of society
>>
if you don't mind working with your hands go to trade school for 8 months. after you graduate (its p easy) you can get a job as an apprentice electrician/plumber/hvac etc.
youll make shiiiiiit money at first but youll be making a lot a few years down the line
>>
at least you guys are in the glorious pre-uni stage

I've completed my undergrad but it's fucking worthless

Can never go back and fix now...

(Languages student from UK (2:2 which is prob 2.5-3.0 GPA I'm not sure)
>>
>>29367862
Can't you become a professor or a teacher?
>>
>>29367862
go teach english in asia and fuck dirty gook hookers all day
>>
>>29367390
I was always cultured, now I just know how welcome refugees are and have the wage gap myth hammered into my skull.
>>
I dropped out high school . At that moment Max knew , he fucked up .
>>
I dropped out of college a few weeks ago due to mental illness (schizophrenia).

At least my folks are sympathetic to me, and I'm working to get on the Bux.
>>
>>29367155
I agree, but you're still a pawn in a corporation. I hate how people hype up college to be the only road to a successful life. It's all such a scam. I guess in terms of acquiring a job, it is necessary, but a lot of people in my major that I've met seem to only identify themselves through their careers, which scares the fuck out of me. On top of work requirements, people are fucking pressured into college by society as a whole, so much so that parents will see their kids as failures for not wanting to spend four years accumulating debt, or just in general doing something better with their lives. At this point, college is pretty much required, so it should at least be free. Right now, all colleges are for are rich kids to party for four years, and that true (if not even more true) for kids at top ranked universities.
>>
>>29367354
what did you learn to do?
>>
>>29367805
pretty much this
new cogs go in, rusty cogs some out
the machine continues to work
>>
>>29368084
I live in Europe and even tough college is somewhat expensive, it is nothing compared to USA or UK.
In scandinavia it's even better. They literally pay you in order to go to college. Even if you drop out of college there, their minimum wage jobs still allow you to live comfortably and with dignity.

I live in a poorer region and minimum wage jobs here are hellish and usually frequented by thugs, weirdos and all the social outcasts
>>
>>29366728
I'm assuming you're still young. Learn a fucking trade like electrician or plumbing. The schools are cheap when compared to college and the money you'll make is more than half of the worthless degrees people are spending a fortune to get.
>>
>>29368153
Yes, and since we are under educated wage slaves we will be cheap clogs that have 0 value since anyone can do our work
>>
>>29368198
I wanted more oportunities in life rather than spending the rest of my days among cables and pipes.
If i were to learn a trade i would at least become a truck driver. It's comfy, easy enough, i like to drive and you get to see new places.
Also, you don't have to interact with costumers and such
>>
>>29368127
Windows internals for programming
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.