[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>asked therapist how i can get a girlfriend and she tells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1465910716403.png (480 KB, 706x726) Image search: [Google]
1465910716403.png
480 KB, 706x726
>asked therapist how i can get a girlfriend and she tells me to "just be yourself"
I thought this was just a meme. I'm always myself, it's not like I'm pretending to be someone else all the time, myself sucks though.
>>
I think part of the advice here is that being yourself you will find someone who will suit you better.
>>
>>29366492
just be yourself is literally 'just continue doing what you want to do in life, and eventually somebody will take an interest in you'.

however, nobody is particularly fond of the notion that there's always a downside to this; that you could be doing shit that nobody is interested in and you proceed to spend your entire life being pussy repellent.
>>
>>29366492
>tfw being myself is the only reason i can't get a gf

(Spoiler)fuck normies(/Spoiler)
>>
>>29366492
What she meant was don't hate yourself.
>>
>>29366492
perhaps yourself is shit and you are one of those very special people that could never possibly be loved by the opposite sex
>>
>>29366492
Sorry, being yourself only works for normies who don't have to try.
>>
get a different therapist?
>>
>>29367394
>What she meant was (something completely unrelated to be yourself)
End this meme
>>
>>29367688

theyre all like that i suspect
>>
>>29366492
I got told something along the lines that I have no identity since I'm not who I want to be so basically by not just b myself I am repulsive to women and people in general although her advice to fix my situation is horrendous.

>move to big city
Have no money or career to just move to a bigger city to just b myself
>get a career
Never went to school and don't plan on going (too poor/shit grades in hs)
>get educated
See above
>surround yourself with like minds
Yeah how am I supposed to do that when I can't fix the above three things so people are instantly repulsed by me anyway?

Shit advice I'll never visit a therapist again
>>
File: 1460737244510.png (350 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460737244510.png
350 KB, 600x600
>Female therapist
Why would you do this to yourself?
>>
>>29367775
No really. Being yourself is just not beating yourself up for being one way or another. You need to like yourself to be yourself. Treat yourself with respect.
>>
>>29367826
I highly doubt a neckbeard who likes himself has any better chance than when he didnt
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.