[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music, like God, is dead.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Lucy.png (79 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
Lucy.png
79 KB, 250x352
Music, like God, is dead.
>>
>>29365957
I fucking hate this show. Why do you always avatarfag/shill it?
>>
>>29365957
this is ridiculous
no it isn't
there's more people making more music than ever in an unprecedented variety of styles

you're crazy or you don't know where to look or you just don't like what's trending
>>
>>29366005
Just because music is being created doesn't mean it's good. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a band t-shirt?
>>
>>29366028
>Just because music is being created doesn't mean it's good
Pls. Don't pretend like you've listened to every song that's been recently produced.

Just dig deeper, it's easier than ever
>>
>>29365972

It's a meme to pay attention to modern kids' cartoons. Some are great, some are okay.

People assume that all because it's a kids' show, it's free from criticism.
>>
>>29366061
>easier than ever
10 years ago you could just go on YouTube and find bands. You can't do that anymore.
>>
>>29366028
>>29365957

Music isn't dead.

Even during the MySpace days there were hidden gems if you were searching for new bands.

Search Bandcamp, Youtube, and Soundcloud for new bands. Or go to /mu/ or any music thread and look for recommendations. Not talking about /mu/core, but there is plenty of great music out there that has been made within the past 5-10 years.
>>
>>29366103
Requesting music is against the rules on /mu/.
>>
>>29366100

/mu/
bandcamp
spotify
last.fm
MySpace
Reddit /r/listeningtothis (or any music genre subreddit)

>10 years ago you could just go on YouTube and find bands. You can't do that anymore.

bands now have official youtube pages and now Youtube auto-generates music videos for entire albums.

What genre are you into? What are some bands you like? Maybe we can help you find new music to like.
>>
>>29366150
Punk and post-hardcore
>>
>>29366150

/r/listentothis

I mean

>>29366130

search the archive for a genre and include the phrase "youtube" or "mega" or "core" or any term that will help you find music related to that genre.
>>
>>29366159

punk is a bit of a wide genre.

Any examples of punk bands you like? Any type of lyrics/mood/specific sound you like?
>>
If you are an atheist you might as well kill yourselves right now because you are already dead
>>
>>29365957
>>29366005

Music has become easier to access and easier to to spread. No one is obligated to sing in code due to strict laws regarding music.

There's good music out there, you just have to look. Heck, there's probably tons of great music from the 60's-90's that you missed because you haven't looked.
>>
>>29366201
Go away, Kenshiro.
>>
File: andy_vomit.png (27 KB, 249x373) Image search: [Google]
andy_vomit.png
27 KB, 249x373
>rockists
>>
>>29366194
Paramore, Blink 182, MCR. Those were my faves back in the day.
>>
>>29366272
I can look all over the place and still not find anything good, just because for every good song, there's 100 crappy indie songs to sift through.
>>
>>29367981
listen to tigers jaw self titled if you haven't already m8, you will probably like it.
>>
>>29368553

Once you find something you like, you look for similar artists and branch off from there.
>>
>>29368629
Thanks, m8. I'll check 'em out.
>>
>>29368553

that applies for all entertainment.

Books, movies, shows, comics, videogames.

Not everything is going to be great
>>
>>29369328
Usually popular movies and TV shows end up being good. Nobody even talks about music anymore.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.