[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you ever consider joining a knights Templar type organization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: knights-templar.jpg (64 KB, 645x403) Image search: [Google]
knights-templar.jpg
64 KB, 645x403
Would you ever consider joining a knights Templar type organization and taking a vow of Chasity, Poverty and Obedience?
its not like you'd lose much with the first two and the third would remove your need to have agency (something I'm sure you lack)
and generally would bring some meaning to your existence.
>>
>>29365173
you seem to be confused

robots crave comfort, not agency or meaning to life.
>>
>>29365360
>not agency
what i'm saying is almost the opposite of agency.
>>
>>29365173
Not sure I could handle the chastity, or the super-seriousness of a religious order. It's a nice daydream to have but at the end of the day I don't really wanna just convert people to my way of thinking.

>>29365360
You could find comfort, if you truly believe joining a religious order will help create a better world
>>
File: keep-calm-and-deus-vult.png (19 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-deus-vult.png
19 KB, 600x700
remove turks
gib constantiniople back to rightful clay
>>
>>29365360
but its a lack agency , that's the point
you don't have to think for yourself , you don't have to make heads or tails of all the bullshit nuances of social conventions or compete in a sisyphean rat race where only the very few ever get anywhere.
>>
That would go horribly. You would need to be in top, top shape along with an equal willpower. A lot harder than posting Christ-chan, spouting 'DEUS VULT XD' and then going back to video games.
>>
>>29365631
>You would need to be in top, top shape along with an equal willpower.
no you wouldnt
>>
Yes but because I'm pious not because I'm suicidal or gave up on life or anything. I'm just willing to sacrifice to try to put some wrongs of the world right
>>
>>29365173
I've thought about doing something like this and becoming a celibate academic. I could spend my days quietly publishing papers and articles. Maybe I could even buy some land and start a little farm where I can make a little extra money. Seems pretty comfy.
>>
I am a cyborg ( robot test v.4) about to join the army(not USA army) ( in less than 1month). Make that thread again in a couple of months so I can answer honestly .
>>
>>29368544
>in a couple of months
can you give me an exact date?
>>
>>29365173
as long as i don't have to slaughter innocent protestant families
>>
>>29365173
>Chasity, Poverty
These two should be no problem for robots.

>and Obedience?
Loving Every Laugh. You can't even tell a robot to clean his room.
>>
>>29368645
they just need a cause
hell do you know how Rome got started?
Romulus basically gather a bunch of shiftless lonely men and promised them wives if they would fight for him.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.