[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he diagnosed himself with a number of mental issues which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: dia_shiki.png (110 KB, 420x288) Image search: [Google]
dia_shiki.png
110 KB, 420x288
>he diagnosed himself with a number of mental issues which are the reason he is a worthless human being
>>
>>29364838
mental issues are a meme these days

they are overdiagnosed anyway so it doesnt matter
>>
Rather blame a mental issue than my own choices desu
>>
>>29364838
>eat only trash food
>only drink sugar filled soda
>live in a literal dump because you are too lazy to clean ur cave every half a week

All the depressions fault bro totally not my fault its my brain I swear
>>
psychology is a fucking joke desu familia
>>
Depression I think is something one can diagnose their self, I also haven't been diagnosed with AvPD even though multiple people have said that I definitely suffer from it.

Looking through the list of symptoms I literally tick every single one
>>
>>29364902
Youre a moron if you think shit is as easy as symptoms=illness
>>
>>29364922
>t. someone diagnosed with """""depression"""""

lmao
>>
>>29364938
I dont have depression, I dont need a scapegoat meme illness for my life choices
>>
>>29364838
You should all go die in a hole with your broscience and tin hat theories. Mental issues are real and they fuck you up. Even if you aren't cognitively impaired and well aware that it's all just in your head you still can't do anything about it. I'm a diagnosed schizophrenic and it's hell. You have neither the education nor personal experience sufficient to make such judgement.
>>
>>29364982
Maybe you should learn reading comprehension. Try to read my OP and your post again to find your error.

protip: its the 3rd word of the OP
>>
>>29365011
I'm referring to the thread as a whole.
>>
File: 1435373212488.png (378 KB, 699x604) Image search: [Google]
1435373212488.png
378 KB, 699x604
I want to do illegal things to the yama
>>
>>29364982
>You have neither the education nor personal experience sufficient to make such judgement.

Not to mention the bias, which can go either way, but is definitely strong as shit if you wanna analyse your own psyche. If the world's greatest psychiatrist suspected he was suffering from depression or schizophrenia, do you think he would apply his science to himself and proscribe his own dosages of medicine? Hardly, he would most certainly be intelligent enough to leave that to some other colleague who is less skilled than he is, but definitely less biased.

But you're not the world's greatest psychiatrist, you are a loser with internet access and half a community college diploma. You don't have the skills, you just have the bias. This turns your "self-diagnosis" tool into a random number generator or a Facebook quiz.

Self-cognition- knowing your own psyche, personality and mind, is a necessary step towards any kind of mental stability or self-actualization. But self-diagnosis is an important step towards wasting your time and achieving nothing. Instead of trying to categorize yourself with as many possible terms you barely understand (such as mental disorder classifications), try to categorize yourself with terms you DO understand- learn what kind of a person you are (be it good or bad) and put it into your own words, not into Greek terms you found on Wikipedia.
>>
File: 1443467539376.png (51 KB, 420x248) Image search: [Google]
1443467539376.png
51 KB, 420x248
>>29364890
>>29364847

You're undermining a whole career and the people who have been saved by it.
>>
File: 55614288_p2.jpg (311 KB, 773x1083) Image search: [Google]
55614288_p2.jpg
311 KB, 773x1083
>>29365533
Satori is so fucking cute
>>
I've been in and out of therapy for the last 11 years and they've all come to the conclusion I have bipolar type 2. It sucks bad, dude. Even when properly medicated I can't do much. I have a college degree I can't even use because any job that'd require it would be too much for me to handle
>>
>>29364890
This to be frank, my relatives.

Psychiatry has always been an ideological tool, since the days of its conception, to deal with those exhibiting cognitive patterns that are undermining the dominant ideological narrative.

I don't make distinctions between today's Western psychiatry and the Soviet psychiatry which considered a lack of faith in Stalin a serious cognitive disorder.

You think I'm tinfoling? Read up on what constitutes a pathological disorder (physical AND psychological). Apart from "perceived discomfort", the other main criterion is "interference with work and everyday life". Basically, as long as you show up for wagecucking in the morning, you can be a scitzo fuck or a full on psychopath and you will NEVER be diagnosed with anything. In fact, this is the modus operandi of quite a lot of more or less successful people today.
>>
>>29364838
>he thinks DSM behavior-labelling shenanigans are real or actually mean anything
>>
>>29364982
This isn't what people mean when they say mental issues aren't real
At least not me
It's the disorders themselves that aren't (mostly), or are hilariously and seemingly arbitrarily named
It's pigeonholing checklist bullshit.
Not the behaviors and the maladies that come with having a mind that loves to fuck itself
>>
>>29365752
Or god forbid you acknowledge that the environment might actually have something to do with it
>>
>>29365752
The DSM is purely a way for doctors to communicate.
>>
>>29365752
Specifying them down is important for treatment though. But there is a trend towards renaming mental illnesses as "spectra disorders". Like the recent shift towards "autism spectrum" and "schizotypal spectrum" etc.

Can you really not see the importance of a system of classification for a scientific field?
>>
>>29365952
>But there is a trend towards renaming mental illnesses as "spectra disorders". Like the recent shift towards "autism spectrum" and "schizotypal spectrum" etc.
Are you implying this is a bad thing? Because saying someone doesn't have a disorder because they only meet 4/9 criteria while the DSM requires 5 for diagnosis is harmful because that person would probably benefit from more-or-less the same treatment as somebody who meets more criteria.
>>
>>29366050
No I don't think its a bad thing! At all even, its probably ultimately a positive thing. I was just saying it as a response to your (I assume at least) distaste for pigeonholing
>>
>>29364838
Describes a robot I know to a T. He's totally helpless, but only because he thinks he is.
>>
>>29366343
That pretty much describes everyone else here. It's much easier to come up with reasons why you can't do anything than it is to actually do something.

>>29365519
Screencapping this anon, this puts it really really well.

>>29365661
You're ignoring the fact that interference doesn't mean it completely stops you from doing stuff, and that it seems clear that to have a severe mental illness, it needs to have severe impact on your mental functioning.

Same as to have a severe physical illness, it needs to have a severe impact on your bodies physical functions.
>>
Self diagnosis is a meme, but to believe that robots can be saved is just as delusional
>>
>>29367697
You realise most robots are around 18, and just mad they can't get laid, right? They play up the reason why, but very few are actually hopeless failures, they're just playing at being edgy for a bit and going "God, all women suck, I'll never date one of them again" the same way teenage girls do the same when they get rejected or the guy they like dates someone else.

It's why we have so much self diagnosis here, because it's an easy scapegoat to blame for any perceived failures.
>>
>>29364838
I don't mental issues to tell me I am worthless
>>
File: 1465865300126.jpg (69 KB, 712x750) Image search: [Google]
1465865300126.jpg
69 KB, 712x750
>>29367791
Then whats your excuse for the 25+ people here? You have to realize that every generation will have a series of failures, but god forbid that be true right?
>>
>>29367864
>most

There are some 25+ people here, I'm sure, but even with them, most are just the same thing except they didn't get laid at uni, and are in careers now.

The whole NEET thing is really just a meme mostly, and even of the NEET's, most end up being 19 or so and just haven't done anything after high school.

There are some failures here, but very few are hopeless. The fact that even Wizchan whines about people getting partners and moving on should tell you something.
>>
yeah yeah

spare me the bullshit, mate. ridicule does not work in the absence of identity and community; here, you have neither-- no one cares about tripfags-- and so you cannot exert any leverage. eat death nigger
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.