[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You all keep complaining that you are unlucky and incapable of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1287432895880.jpg (23 KB, 444x322) Image search: [Google]
1287432895880.jpg
23 KB, 444x322
You all keep complaining that you are unlucky and incapable of achieving things because your IQ is low or you are predisposed to be fat. If this is the case, whynot do something about it?
It will take a lot of time, but science is advancing fast.
You could get yourself another body in the future, of your own design.
That would be a solution, wouldn't it?
>>
>>29363401
even if that happened in our lifetime, it would be extremely expensive for the average robot. what a pointless thread
>>
>>29363401
>whynot do something about it?

The error here is that OP is asking this question not empirically, but hortatively. In fact, it's not a question; in this mode of pseudocommunication expected is 'okay I will', not 'because factor A, B, C'. Hortation has no meaning.
>>
>>29363456
While I indeed asked it wrong (didn't proof read), I actually want an answer.
>>
>>29363447
In 80 years nearly everyone is capable of ammassing a small fortune.
And a lot of money could be made with body enhancement, so companies wouod find cheaper ways to do it.
>>
>>29363456
>all these fancy shmancy words
GID OUTTA MAH BOARD, BOOKWORM. I RECKON YOU DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?
>>
>>29363401
do you even robot? acceptance is the only way.
>>
>>29363515
He actually has a point, I meant it differently.
>>
>>29363528
I generally only read on this board and don't post, so I indeed am not a robot.
>>
>>29363544
>coming here trying to motivate us
btfo
>>
>>29363502
>>29363532
Oh okay. Sorry; you understand that this thread is confusible with generic normalfag 'why don't you just...?'.

Well, chance of me personally advancing science is nil, but singularity blah blah *is* going to make the choice of suicide increasingly more dramatic in the coming decades. Just think that there's going to be the last person going to kill themselves for their stupidity before intelligence augmentation, last person to kill themselves for their aggressiveness before according violence medication, ...
>>
File: 1466176421996.jpg (139 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1466176421996.jpg
139 KB, 1200x1600
>>29363401
With current science you could get surgery to look like Stanley here
>>
>>29363636
I meant an entirely new body, not surgery.
>>
>>29363712
Why not just ditch that and plan for a machine that can turn men into Stanley Phillips?
>>
>>29363773
I want to be my own person, not someone else.
>>
>>29363804
Stanley Phillips is you,Stanley Phillips is me, Stanley Phillips is everyone
>>
>>29363502
>In 80 years nearly everyone is capable of ammassing a small fortune.
If everyone has it, it's not really a fortune is it
>>
What the fuck is the point of this thread even? Is this just a weird way of saying "Let's talk about robots?"
>>
like i dont geddit, why dont u guys just do something? like in the future you could upload your brain on a computer and be god and shit
>>
>>29363401
This. It's like these retards never heard of Adderall or meth. Hey fatty! Can't stop shoving food into your disgusting mouth? Try Adderall. Fatty. Not only will food be absolutely disgusting, but you'll feel energized and confident.
>>
>>29363854
Many don't, but they can.
>>
>>29363887
Yeah just start taking drugs, that will fix things for sure.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.