[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey robots, so i was thinking about ways to kill myself today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Hey robots, so i was thinking about ways to kill myself today, and a suggested method was to shoot yourself off of a high structure, which got me thinking...

What would happen if you jumped off a building and then shot yourself? What would the physics be behind that?

Pic unrelated. (It's Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez)
>>
You'd be dead
>>
>>29362015
Naturally, but say i jumped straight ahead, and i put the gun on my right temple and shot, would my body fly to the left?
>>
>>29362003

Terminal velocity for humans is 53m/s. Bullets travel an average of 762m/s. So nothing would change really.
>>
>>29362015
>would my body fly to the left?
A bullet doesn't have enough mass to push your body anywhere.
>>
>>29362054
So would my body just fall along the same line, regardless of how the bullet hits my body?
>>
>>29362073
The bullet might not have the proper mass, but surely the force of the gun would affect my trajectory. Right?
>>
>>29362023
>what is newtons second law
>>
>>29362087
No, I'm no physicist, but I know being shot doesn't launch people through the air. "The force of the gun" is the bullets force. Stop being retarded. The bullet isn't pushing you anywhere. Look up some videos of people being shot.
>>
>>29362102
What about his first law? For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Guns are powerful, so its gotta have an effect. At the very least the recoil might jolt my arm, forcing me to spin.
>>
>>29362130
Yes I meant that law.

But it's slightly more complicated. Depends on if the bullet can penetrate your skull and if the gun spins out of your dead hands.
>>
>>29362118
>stop being retarded

Please dont call me names. I'm just curious as to what the effect might be.
>>
>>29362144
Nice dubs. And thanks, thats more or less an answer i was looking for.
>>
If the bullet doesn't penetrate your skull and you hold the gun in your hand after the bullet is fired, the law of conservation of momentum will make sure your trajectory will stay exactly the same. Good idea though. It would be my preferred way of killing myself as well, maybe in combination with setting oneself on fire.
>>
>>29362215
Great answer anon. I really really like this. Also, i think if i was going to set myself on fire while suiciding, id stuff my pockets with a bunch of firecrackers, just to really fuck with the people around lol
>>
File: 1464811160304.jpg (30 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1464811160304.jpg
30 KB, 474x595
>>29362241
>sets self on fire
>pockets filled with firecrackers

My fucking sides
>>
>>29362003
>>29362003
NICE HOMEWORK QUESTION BUCKO

HOW ABOUT YOU FIND YOUR OWN ANSWERS CUNT
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.