[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you realize you weren't smart or above average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 3
File: 1423886842832.jpg (223 KB, 1602x829) Image search: [Google]
1423886842832.jpg
223 KB, 1602x829
At what age did you realize you weren't smart or above average intelligence?
20 here
>>
First month of college, so 18
>>
>>29361767
i got testing for special conditions in my first year of uni.

iq got tested at about 90 i think, so i'm borderline mentally defective
>>
Middle school.

Got higher grade problems in math and shit.
>>
>>29362363
Lol didn't read properly.
>>
>>29361767
Highschool

Then I read some old psycho-analysis papers that stated I actually had really strong math skills, 85th percentile verbal reasoning, and remarkable improvements in writing over some years. Above average in most cases except for psycho-motor dysfunction.

It's more nuanced than just being "smart" or "stupid" on a sliding, linear scale. Keep an open mind out, for your own sake.
>>
19. uni. 1st year. wrecking shit in 1st sem. 2nd sem. didn't try hard bc i thought i could cruise. ended up being a shitface.
>>
>>29361767
second semester of Highschool, but I wouldn't say I'm stupid, just lazy. My drive for education went downhill after my first semester, I used to have a 3.8-4.0 GPA taking honors classes then later AP classes, but now I range from 2.8-3.0 in my community college.
>>
>>29361767
Third grade. My father beat me up and told me that I'll never make him proud.
>>
3rd grade being called a dumbass because i couldn't do basic arithmetics
>>
>>29362401
>only 85th
>>
>>29362502
This, I'm smart but lazy, all that potential I'm just too apathetic tbhdesufamilia
>>
I'm not particularly bright, but everyone thinks I am because I love learning about things generally thought of as smart people stuff. I basically compensate for my mediocre processor with my large hard drive. Stupid people can't tell the difference between smart and educated, but I know the truth on the inside.
>>
I always tested high on standardized tests, went to spelling bees, science fairs, etc but then I realized that I was only good at these things because I was obedient and anxious. The actual smart people were socially dominant, resourceful, and bent the rules to their liking.
>>
have an IQ of 119, doing two degrees at university. Ive started realizing im not as smart as i thought, but i cant tell if thats because of my bad study habits or not.
>>
>>29361767
>IQ 134
get rekt shitcunts
>>
>>29362858
>99.8% train
130 is so unfathomable high. Likes, its hard for me to comprehend the immense intellect that is withheld, what a special being.
>>
>>29362748
119 is nothing special. The 160+ range is where the phenomenons start to happen.
>>
>Be me
>IQ 153
>Autistic with no friends

Is it really worth it?
>>
16. People told me I was intelligent and I believed it. I became very insecure about my intelligence and then I realized I'm stupid. Buy at least I'm good at visual/spatial stuff.
>>
>>29362932
And btw, Google keyboard is shit.
>>
Probably realised it when I was 12 or so.
>>
>>29362912
still higher than average and that was the score when i had certain mental issues going on. I wish i was at that level though, seems like it would be beneficial
>>
>>29361767
around 15 or so. I'm 24 now. Took a recent IQ test. Found out my IQ is like 85. I'm fucking stupid.
>>
When I was in grade 2 or 3 and I was the last person in my class to get my pen license.

I'm 29 now and still in university.

Very, very, very slow learner.
>>
Around the time I dropped out of high school

I got good grades there but it didn't stop me being a complete moron
>>
>>29362915
I'm >>29362953

I'm retarded and autistic with no friends.
at least you have your iq
>>
>>29362974
Really? It seems like things are more fun when you're less intelligent. Like you don't have to worry about wanting to be smart, because I an always jealous of people smarter than me.

Like how people who draw a lot are jealous of better people but people who don't draw don't care about their skill. no offense my dudes
>>
>>29362948
> I wish i was at that level though, seems like it would be beneficial

It certainly has increased my ability to go weeks with out shower. Although, it certainly has opened up my weak spot, excessive usage of ketchup with my tendies. The worst addiction I have experienced, it is dastardly.
>>
I think I've somehow gotten "Smarter".

Used to have shitty grades in middleschool and then raised my highschool grades to a new level. I never really studied anything throughout school.
>>
>>29363007
I'm with you, its not a gift. A true gift is motivation and a solid work ethic.
>>
>>29363016
Grades != Intelligence
Grades == Work
>>
>>29363007
no, i'm smart enough to realize i'm stupid, and it really gets me down. i feel like a failure as a human being. i could walk outside, get hit by a fucking bus, and nothing would change.

i kind of wish i was just fully retarded because then i wouldn't be as self aware. as it is, i'm too stupid to be good at anything because even with repeated motivation, i still make the same mistakes over and over again, and i know i'll never be successful or make my parents proud.
>>
>>29363009
Gotta break those addictions famalam
>>
>>29363039
Bud I didn't do any work. Not in middleschool, nor in highschool.
>>
6th grade, because I never went to school and would ace any test. I'd have a cop have to come drag me in every week or so.

>told to take a special test
>it's summer
>no school
>go to some weird building
>take a test
>it's timed
>women asking me history questions
>lots of puzzles
>later learn it was an IQ test
>my IQ was 120 in the 6th grade

>still be a shitbag and never apply myself
>>
>>29363048
Desu, don't do what I do by over thinking. Find what you're good at and play to your strengths. Put in effort and time to be good at what you want to be.

Its easier for some but not impossible for anyone. I believe in you my dude.
>>
>>29363029
If i had that i could do so many things with my mind, but eh, ill just go back to watching anime
>>
>>29363039
but i did shit all work and always managed good grades. i was the top of my school in english and i didn't read any of the books assigned for the course
>>
When I was quite young, I struggled in most classes except for art and English literature. They were the only things I was good at but that's only because I like reading and watching cartoons.
>>
>>29361767
never, because I am
>>
>>29363074
You must've done something. Either that or highschool was easier.
>>
>>29363080
ive been trying to apply myself, this studying thing takes effort and it is annoying,
>>
>>29363088
So you didn't turn in anything and got good grades? How even.
>>
>>29363101
I just gave up and learned to live a life of mediocrity.
>>
IQ means nothing. stop falling for the meme
mathematical intelligence =/= all intelligence
142 IQ here
>>
>>29363082
im not the same anon, but what you are saying is right, i find programming quite easy and maths is the same if i actually try to learn the work.

Ive been having to help everyone learn how to program in my uni course, im not the smartest person but i seem to be good in this area
>>
>>29363140
Yay programming/math bros
>>
>>29361767
I was always slow, clumsy and the last to understand the joke. I never liked to study because even if I think I did my best it was below average.
What really hit me hard is I always thought I'm able to do basic jobs but after high school I realized I can barely perform below average and even shit tier jobs are hard for me because I can't think like normal people do.
>>
>>29363082
i'm not really good at anything
the only hobbies i've ever had that i thought i was competent at were writing and video games, and i'm completely awful at both
>>
>>29362594
Exactly this tbqh senpai.
>>
>>29362594

i got you man

truly the worst of feels
>>
>>29363161
yeah, it seems im good at constructing my thoughts into programs, currently i am having quite a nice bit of success with a foreign exchange bot i am programming.
>>
>>29363178
Do you like writing? If so you can find other people who do, and practice. The internet is a magical place, my dude. But in all seriousness every skill ever takes practice.
>>
>>29363194
I'm happy for you, my dude. What language?
>>
>>29363214
the language the software uses in MQL4, though i seem to be able to pick up any language quite easily after a little bit of practice and google
>>
>>29361767
Never. I still think I'm smarter than others. The only difference is I now realize intelligence matters very little in life, so it means nothing.
>>
>>29363200
i've been practicing my whole life
i haven't improved at all, even with criticism
i keep making the same mistakes over and over again

shit, i was apart of a local writing club for like four years, starting in high school, and one of the members finally told me that i was probably better off trying something else once i was in college because i hadn't improved.

i have like 900 hours in on various fps games and i still cannot aim for the life of me, mouse, controller, or otherwise

i'm having a hard time liking anything at all anymore
>>
>>29362946
If you had enough intelligence to see beyond your own ego at 12 anon, you probably are smarter than you give yourself credit. Most 12 year olds I encounter think they're the smartest people in the world.
>>
>>29363222
Codecademy is pretty neat for learning. Haven't used MQL4 myself.
>>
Never could figure out how people could be so dumb. In 1st grade they wanted to place me in 2nd grade, I declined. They said I would be bored throughout the school years, they were right.
>>
>>29363261
I don't believe that at all. What methods have you used for improvement? Have you tried course based exercises? Self doubt also is a big no-no, you'll have a difficult time getting anywhere with that mindset.
>>
I corrected my professors throughout the time I got my bachelors in math.

Two nights ago a large group of people were at my house (sister has friends), one of the girls asks a question about how often something happens, then she turned to me and said "and stfu mr brainiac, we know you know the answer, let them think for themselves"

This happens quite often. Everyone around me, from my bosses at work, to my sister's friends, constantly remind me that I'm smarter than everyone in the room and that I need to shut the fuck up.

I thought it would stop once I was working with intelligent people, but it didn't. So now it's a fucked up personality flaw.

The only time I ever get a message on facebook is when someone wants to ask me a math or computer question.

I wish I understood anything at all.
>>
>>29363270
The language is specifically for Metatrader, its software used for foreign exchange trading.
ill use that website if i need to learn new languages, thansk man
>>
>>29363294
There's a difference between being intelligent and answering questions tour not asked and being a nuisance. I learned that the long way my dude.
>>
>>29363265
Don't try to fool me, let me sleep comfortably at the bottom of this dark pit.
>>
>>29363336

I just don't speak otherwise. And people wonder why I have anxiety.
>>
>>29363295
Alrighty. Is recommend learning at least one interpreted language (Python, JavaScript, ect) and a compiled language (Java, C++, ect) after that all others are easy because of similar syntax to one or the other types.
>>
>>29361767
Never. I scored in the 99th percentile on my SAT and MCAT. I hate dumb faggots.
>>
Is there a definitive iq test online or is the only way to know if you're smart or dumb through an official test by a local psych
>>
>>29363375
have done that already, have done python and have some experience with java, will be learning it later on in my courses aswell
>>
Around 13. I didn't realize how horrible that is until much later.
>>
>>29363381
Legit IQ tests require a psychiatrist, they factor behavior patterns and habits. Online ones are bs.
>>
>>29363405
Neato my dude.
>>
File: image:79347.jpg (454 KB, 2000x1339) Image search: [Google]
image:79347.jpg
454 KB, 2000x1339
27 i think I'm borderline retarded, have people always talk down to me. Just another fool in this world, and it kills me.
>>
>>29363448
Part of thinking down of yourself is others doing so, which affects your actions, which causes a cycle. Break that cycle, people often underestimated themselves my dude.
>>
>>29362902

>tfw exactly 130IQ

:^)

imagine knowing better than everyone around you and you think that you can explain logic trains to people and they'll understand but they just don't

>abstract intelligence on WAIS 99.9<
>no one cares about opinion
>>
>>29363504

Also if i went into physics i would have a 50th percentile intelligence, average IQ of aphysics major is 130

although my memory is in the lower 15th percentile, i never think about things that have already happened, i don't get the point
>>
>>29363138
juan point bellow me, hello brother.
>>
>>29363381

just see a local psychologist that does intelligence testing and take the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale, that's the only one used in the United States pretty much, the other ones are phased out in the professional community

there are puzzles and things read aloud by the tester that cant be mimicked by a paper test
>>
second year of uni
>>
File: hahahaha.png (305 KB, 546x406) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.png
305 KB, 546x406
>>29361767
>tfw confirmed 140 IQ
>Educational psychologist rated my intelligence as very high
>Good degree from a good uni
Some robots will never know this joy of confirmation.
>>
>>29363537
Hey, what can I do about psycho-motor bullshit?
>>
>>29363553

do you have issues like cerabal palsy or something or like tics where you jerk slightly not trying to?
>>
I dont know.

I have never flunked courses in school except one time in sweden and advanced math. Well my grades are all over the fucking place. Then again the school is somewhat prestigious.

Im in Nordic school by the way so dont mix me with rest of europe.

Is it because I dont study enough or the fact that im stupid?
>>
>>29363552

I have a Mensa assessed IQ of 154 and you're being a cunt m8
>>
>>29363558
Psycho-motor delay, I think; from comorbid issues with Autism. Lemme take a second look.
>>
ironically, at age 20 , i got confronted with the fact that i AM above average intelligence. prior to that i thought everyone was just stupid.
doesn't help with being depressed though
>>
>>29363039
Grades == how much teacher likes you
I was smallest kid in class, even girls were bigger so they alwaus had upper hand.
I did work for half class usually, and marks were always different.
At that moment I realized that school is shit, teacher marks you depending on his mood and that I will always be the idiot.
>>
>>29362974
>>29362953
>>29362915
That tends to be the way it is. People on the fringes of the scale (super low and super high iq) tend to be the most isolated and get laid the least. I'll look for the study I saw a while back, although intuitively speaking it sounds plausible.
>>
>>29361767
from the start
>>
>>29363178
If you look how todays shitty literature is and how much profit it makes, you dont really need to be that good either.
>>
>>29361767
Legit psych testing. Always thought I was smart.
No, I am dumb as rock.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.