[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> I literally have no sense of identity. Any other anons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Feels1600x1982001.jpg (185 KB, 1600x1982) Image search: [Google]
Feels1600x1982001.jpg
185 KB, 1600x1982
> I literally have no sense of identity.

Any other anons feel like this? I don't know how to describe it exactly.
>>
>>29361535
For me I don't really have any cemented thoughts or opinions... they change on a whim. I don't know if this is what you mean.
>>
>>29361557
Mine change on a whim as well, as does my perception of myself and my personality.
>>
>>29361579
Perhaps we are experiencing the same thing then, but as you said it's hard to describe.
>>
>>29361535
That's a good trait to an extent. You don't want to be someone that's unable to have an overarching perspective due to their personality being too cemented,
>>
>>29361698
It's really hard to describe. It used to mess me up bad when I was a teenager, nowadays I've gotten used to it (to some extent)
>>
>>29361722
People tend to have a pretty good idea of who they are and what they want by the time they reach 25 - 30ish, and here I am. One day I feel like doing A and the next day I believe that my future should focus on Z. It's like being an identity seeking, hormonal teenager again.
>>
You are whom you appear to be to other people.

I'll probably change my mind about this, but what really matters is how you act in the presence of others -- that's all any other consciousness can affirm.
>>
I really am just a void. I just mirror the mannerisms and preferences of the people around me. People often say they find me easy to trust and talk to, which I find really weird because I'm completely apathetic to what they're saying. I'm probably defective somehow.
>>
>tfw you don't know how to dress and you don't know if people will accept you

i think that's what it is. we just haven't felt a great deal of acceptance.
>>
>>29361897
I have issues in this field as well; I have fits in front of people and I've lost countless friends because of my ways.
>>
>>29361939
Could be. Never thought of it that way.
>>
I feel as if I will never be remembered, like with a group of friends but can't tell if they hate you and ask to hang out of pity. Maybe I'm overthinking things a little and afraid of not being accepted by anyone besides family.
Girls can ruin friendships bruhs.
>>
>>29361557
>>29361579

What do you mean? Don't you act in a consistent manner in social situations?
>>
>>29361897
This is a part of the three-personality-theory. You have an inner personality, a projected personality and a perceived personality.
>>
>>29361899
I feel the exact same way. It's very weird and hard to put into words how dissociated I feel from my colleagues at work.
>>
After years of depression I feel like it became a part of my identity. I don't know who I am when I'm not depressed.
>>
>>29361535
I'm mixed race scum and I don't belong anywhere so yes, no sense of identity.
>>
>>29362556
No, I act different depending on who I'm with and where I am. From time to time I tend to throw fits and that's when the facade crumbles..
>>
Is there a word for this? I too have the same issue.
>>
>>29362777
identity disturbance, the dark night of the soul, Chapel Perilous
could be related to a personality disorder and mental illness
>>
>>29362777
this disorder is called depersonalization
>>
File: 13246518973.jpg (41 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
13246518973.jpg
41 KB, 338x338
>tfw no identity
>tfw no opinion
>tfw no passion
>tfw no drive
>tfw hollow inside
I feel you OP.
>>
>>29362837
Holy shit it's an actual thing. Honestly up to this point the only thing that's helped have been ADD meds. Maybe I'll try to go to a doctor with this.
>>
File: Kent.jpg (242 KB, 1912x990) Image search: [Google]
Kent.jpg
242 KB, 1912x990
>>29361535

I'm a blank slate. I rarely show any emotion, I have no talents, I just exist. If someone told me to describe who I am, I wouldn't really have an answer.

I don't have any confidence, willpower, motivation, charm or anything that could form an identity for myself.

And now I realize I'm sounding like an edgy ten year old, but I'm not sure else how to describe it.
>>
>>29361535
Borderline personality disorder sufferers often report feeling "empty". Maybe look it up and see if any of the other symptoms fit?

>tfw I am a pair of eyes trapped in a barrel.
>>
>>29361897
Hideaki Anno really should've just become a psychologist or something.
>>
>>29362893
you should ask for fluvoxamine - its a SSRI which helped me lots in combination with metacognitive therapy
>>
>>29362747
me irl

~Lenbop
>>
>>29363255
Normally I can cope with it, but when I realize what's going on, I almost break down.
>>
>>29361899
This is an actual thing in personality typing. INFJs do this.
>>
Self identify disorder, go talk to a doctor
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.