[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do about my anxiety issue I have. It's fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1424821593618.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1424821593618.png
96 KB, 241x228
What can I do about my anxiety issue I have. It's fucking ruining my life but I seem to be the only person alive who has it, so I can't get good advice. I'll try it here though.

I'm a 21 year old virgin who lives with his parents. I'm not a complete NEET, I have a job. I'm a kind of a sperg around my parents, not a complete sperg, but kind of one. But around my coworkers at my job I'm not a sperg at all. I can make small talk no problem. I know you're thinking I have selective mutism or some shit, but I didn't get into the worst part yet.
If I bring up me being social around my parents I completely freeze up and have a near panic attack. I don't talk to anybody besides my parents outside of my job, so occasionally my mom asks me things like "Did you make any friends at work?", or "Did you talk to anybody today". My heart will start beating and I will sperg up or try to run out of the room. My mom once walked in on me at my job while I was talking to a coworker and I literally started sweating after running into the bathroom to hide because my heart started racing so fast. Anytime me being social with people other than them comes up, I just sperg up and can't speak. My parents have said multiple times to me that they want me to get friends, but I can't. If they realize I had friends or talk to people I'd freeze up and have a panic attack.

I want to get a social life already and make friends, but this issue I have is fucking eating me alive. Will go into more details if needed. What do.
>>
Go to a psychologist. Therapy is extremely helpful in overcoming anxiety.
>>
>>29361551
How can I tell my parents I need therapy, it sounds scary.
>>
>>29361565
If you cant tell your parents then try finding a psychiatrist yourself. If you cant find one call a hospital or doctor and they may recommend you one, I hope you have money or health insurance. You need to find the courage to do so if you ask your parents. I have SAD.
>>
>>29361662
Thanks for the advice person
>>
Check out this site.

http://www.recoveryinternational.org

It offers training in mental health self help.
>>
clinical psychologist here, i agree with everyone else. see a counsellor or a mental health therapist. i am sorry you are going through this.
>>
OP here, any advice is talking to my parents about getting therapy. I'm still nervous.
>>
>>29361904
Well if you cant talk to them face to face try writing them a letter about it saying you need help and that you cant talk to them about it because it will cause a panic attack.
>>
>>29361904
Besides therapy it just seems you're scared of your parents lmao
You forget to mention they beat the shit out of you every full moon or something?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.