[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in a third world shithole. I earn $180 a MONTH. The average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1464046658314.jpg (21 KB, 386x421) Image search: [Google]
1464046658314.jpg
21 KB, 386x421
I live in a third world shithole.
I earn $180 a MONTH. The average pay here is $250 a month and the highest ones are about $600. I'm going to college but in this country you might as well use it to wipe your ass because it's useless.

I have a chance to go to work on a Cruise ship for $1700 a month which for me is huge. You work 9 months a contract non stop and then for 3 months you're free. I'm planing to work this job for a couple years, save money and buy an apartment in my shitty country, then rent it to some fuckers so i don't have to work.

Anyone has any advice ? Anyone ever worked on a Cruise ship? Is it a job for a robot?

Pls help.
>>
Money hungry pleb.
>>
>>29360734
Seems like a solid plan. You could also try freelancing stuff from American clients if you have any skills like coding or web design. They'd probably pay well by your standards.
>>
>>29360734
What country is it ? Could someone live confortably for 250$ a month in a somewhat safe place there? Just curious
>>
>>29360734
just move to America/Britain fampai
>>
>>29360734

enjoy your 16 hour shifts and 30 day months with no rights.

Cruise ships are pretty bad for first worlders, really shitty for eastern europeans and absolute fucking cancer for third worlders.

Third worlders actually don't get paid vacation days and work for 16 hours as opposed to 8-12, also enjoy the wage disparity and less/no tips.

also enjoy the 4-8man rooms while first worlders do 2 man tiny rooms(which is still shit mind you).
>>
>>29360734
>Anyone has any advice ? Anyone ever worked on a Cruise ship? Is it a job for a robot?

I'll give you my experience as someone who has worked (on land) for a cruise ship company and has been on a 7-day cruise in holidays.

-90% of your coleagues are going to be filipinos and/or spics. Most lovable and and nice persons I've ever seen, though. if someone deserves a tip and a "thank you" for their service, then this people

-Forget sleep and comfort, since you are going to be working all day long and being crammed in a cabin with other workers. You will have hours off and have the possibility to get out when the ship makes a stop, but you will also be probably be dead tired and decide to stay in your bed to recover some energy.

-Enjoy watching the normies and fat tourists having the time of their life while you pick up their plates and change their beds.

-Seasickness, but nothing you can't get used to overtime.

-Learn a language, it will help you big time.

-If you're living in a thirdworld shithole and have nothing better to do, this is still a good way to work hard, earn some investing money in a long term and improve your discipline. Anyone who works in a ship is in no way a lazy ass.
>>
>>29360734
Move to a first world country
>>
I've only been a passenger on a cruise ship. They had an arcade and I spent all my time there
>>
Shit I get $300 a fortnight for doing literally nothing, and it's only that low because I live with my parents
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.