[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here feels sad whenever you see a cute girl? A sort of wistful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1465288524027.jpg (553 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
1465288524027.jpg
553 KB, 1060x1500
Who here feels sad whenever you see a cute girl? A sort of wistful longing that ferments into hopelessness over never being able to have a QT of my own.

Hentai seems to be the only recourse, I've already accepted that 2D will never be real.
>>
>>29360175
I'm surrounded by cute girls all the time. I never feel I have a chance with any of them. I'm already 25 and still single. I'm sad every single day.
>>
I feel like I want to be a qt girl. Not sure if it's a degenerate issue or just my brain rejecting the me ever getting a gf
>>
>>29360398
It's hellish seeing all these girls who make me feel things I know I'll never make anyone feel. Beautiful women do nothing for me, but girls with a nice smile or fluffy hair
fill me with the worst kind of joy.
>>
I know that feel, I always know that feel. It's starting to get really bad now though. I figure one of two things is going to happen - I'm eventually going to get off my ass and get one or release a noise rock album detailing my sexual frustration. I'd be happy with either desu.
>>
>>29360475
Shit, you put it into words my man.

>the worst kind of joy
Damn.
>>
>>29360475
It's really this. Each time I see one of those girls, I just want to talk to them, but then I remember I have nothing really to talk about. I'm terrible at ice breakers. I guess it's something I could practice, but fuck...it's hard.
>>
File: 1456786434359.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1456) Image search: [Google]
1456786434359.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1456
>>29360436
You aren't degenerate, you are just realistic. Being a QT girl is so easy, bitches have to materialize their own problems like manspreading and other feminist garbage. It was enough that they don't have to work, make money, seek a relationship (one will come to them) Make any meaningful decisions as an adult or have any real personality. Literally life on easy mode. Being born a man is like a 2.5/10 chance you are at an advantage whether it be looks, smarts, or being born affluent, The rest is sheer luck and it's horse shit. /rant
>>
>>29360647
I have no idea how to approach strangers. Whenever I sit alone I always secretly hope someone comes up to talk to me, but I doubt people who chose to be alone feel the same way.
>>
>>29360697
You're like me, I think. Maybe we look like we want to be alone, but in reality we're mainly shy. I guess it's hard to tell the difference sometimes between a timid and an antisocial person...
>>
>>29360175
I do.

But how I see it, you can either put in effort, or give up in varying degrees. If you want to resign yourself, that's fine. But understand that all there lies down that path is resignation. You will never get anywhere unless you will try.

And you'll try, and it will suck because you will fail. Get scoffed or even laughed at. But effort builds a person into things they wouldn't even believe. And effort can be so much as a smile or a wink, as long as you keep doing it.

Take it from a depressed, possibly bipolar autist. Even I've gotten laid, because I don't give up. I looked for 17 years for a reason to give up like you are now. I've been spending the last 5 making up for it. There's nothing in life for us but varying degrees of effort until we pass.
>>
>>29360732
It's like I have selective shyness. When I have no interest in someone I can hold a conversation effortlessly, but when I talk to someone who I actually want to converse with I fumble my words and fail to capture their interest. I feel like I'm smart enough to figure out how to form relationships with people, but the fact that I have to figure it out puts me at a disadvantage.
>>
Have you guys ever tried asking out girls? Like in person.
>>
>>29360806
I found this vaguely inspiring. Perhaps I'm giving up too easy. I just find it hard to take life seriously.
>>
>>29360879
Yes, the girl didn't even know I asked her out until the next day when she asked me about it.
>>
>>29360879
Most of us yes, but probably not as much as we should. The difference between a shy guy and a normal guy is that the former will remember all of his social failures more vividly than the other. I'm not saying that as an excuse, it's really just how I see it.
>>
>>29360806
You're right actually. May I ask your how old you are? I have this constant fear I'm now too old to do anything.
>>
>>29360913
That obviously doesn't count.
>>
>>29360932
That's the difference between a man and a woman
>>
>>29360913
Did you ask her out in sign language?
>>
>>29360978
You're delusional. Women are much better socially than men.
>>
>>29360966
Brutal. I thought I was fairly direct, but she didn't see me in a way that was remotely romantic so when I asked her to go out it didn't register.
>>
>>29361001
No men are great at it. It's just robots who never wanted to put effort into social skills
>>
>>29360886
Maybe that's a good thing? People like somebody who isn't too serious.

You gotta force yourself my man. I nearly broke down last year because I

A. Broke off that relationship in a really stupid way
B. Realized my coworkers were treating me like a pet retard (giddily telling me that they have whole gossip circles about my 'tism in their home town, as if I don't have the faculties to see what's wrong with that)(also one of them was a huge crush)
C. Got in a car crash that fucked me up
D. Was still basically a NEET aside from having two jobs up until B. and C.
E. left both jobs to go full NEET and lock myself in my room at my parents house to ignore my problems with hentai, 4chan bickering, and vidya.
F. Lost the only meaningful job prospects I ever had to escape food service because I let that depression get to me.

So I

A. told the guy I wasn't ready to take the job seriously anyways so I'd
B. Find a place and work there for a year and I
C. Slowly rebuilt all my coping mechanisms and sense of self that got destroyed while
D. Meeting a bunch of really fuckin cool queers working at starbucks who are
E. Really supportive

I'm still depressed. I still feel alone as fuck. But proactivity is the only way anything ever got any better. I could still be rotting in that room. I did for 4 whole months. Please don't do that, too.
>>
>>29361016
That's pretty much what I said, almost. Robots aren't all shy (some are straight-up schizoid or autistics), and some shy men are not robots, etc.
>>
>>29360175
>tfw see a qt underage girl and realize that I missed out on teen love and even if I were a pedo I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as teens are so immature that relationships would be shit
>>
>>29360839
I'm much better socially with people I don't give a fuck about. Simply because I don't give a fuck about them. What if I look like a fool, like an idiot, like autist? I was already judging him anyways.

I'm like that with men and some girls. I care too much about pretty girls.
>>
>>29360958
Sorry to turn this into blog-modo, I just want to give robots an example of what I feel like are my own (scant) successes.

I'm 23. I can feel my prime coming up. I've wasted so many years just doing nothing. My whole education was for damn near nothing and I spent 3 whole years slowly failing my way out of college. the past two and a half are what I meant by 5, but I was in full exaggeration-mode.

In those 2.5, work's been a good pillar to lean on. Food service is actually a really good opportunity to meet people and get better interpersonal skills. You gotta look where you can act and do things. And you gotta accept that sometimes you won't, which is fine, because you'll get up tomorrow and try again.
>>
>>29361041
My life is mostly on track honestly, I just can't into personal relationships. I'm lucky that my best friend went to uni with me or I would have nobody.

When I say I can't take life seriously, I mean more so that I'm interpreting life through enough layers of irony that I can pretend to be serious. But whenever I seriously consider my goals and aspirations, I can't help but feel their based entirely on half-baked ideologies and societal memes. Why do I care about freedom? Why do I want a family?
>>
>>29360958
Though, my roomate who is 38 and a total introvert totally just met this hot-as-fuck girl on tindr. He's a quiet, thoughtful guy like a lot of you guys are. And he's been depressed all his life. He vents through long-distance running and outdoorsmanship. Cool guy. He's going out to Utah for a month to get a break from life because work is stressful to him and my guess is that since he hasn't been spending nights here, they've been fucking constantly.
>>
>>29361144
Why don't you tell us a little more about your life?

What is it that bothers you about these things? What do you like? What do you want? What do you value? Is this a physiological thing, or is it a belief thing?

Keep in mind, you have the freedom to decide what you think you might want, and you can be as arbitrary as you want.
>>
>>29361120
I feel you. Keep up the work. We're all gonna make it.

In retrospect, I did advance a bit in my life. At 25, I feel it took way too much time. But it's better than nothing at all, I guess.
>>
File: cute cheeks.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cute cheeks.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
>>29360175
Real girls never make me sad because I have given up on them, but 2Ds regulary making me suffer.
>>
>>29361226
My mom is currently on her third marriage. I was raised as a Christian conservative, but gravitated towards Libertarianism after I became an atheist because I like to do drugs and not pay a lot of taxes.

I want to pursue a career in politics so I can protect the freedoms that are important to me. I love children, but I can't imagine spending my entire life with another person and sharing our dreams together. I just don't think I've seen a truly successful marriage in my life and I don't know what makes something like that work.

At the same time, I want to give up and live a life of mediocrity. I want to get some job that lets me afford an okay home, a nice computer, weed, and basically spend the rest of my days alone. Though a distinct part of me feels that last part may happen anyway.
>>
>>29361241
You're right, it is good. I hate to be so positive, but it's good and you really shouldn't ignore that. What can you do to keep growing?

>>29361075
Watch FLCL until you're sick of it. It's the perfect metaphor, interchangeable with any coming-of-age story. You can feel all those pangs you missed out on, and you'll get sick of it. You'll see characters utterly focused on forcing themselves to be grown, and those who refuse to grow up. And there is a middle ground that the show wants you to see: It is now. The show ends like a fable, on that unspoken platonism with all the trappings of how trivially hard life can be for some of us.

Take a moment to think about your childhood. I think we tend to force ours into narratives like FLCL instead of actually thinking about all of what went down.
>>
>>29361403
What kind of education do you have?

Basic activism might be a start, volunteering for a candidate you like. That shit is pretty hot right now if you're in the states. Politics are way less taboo to talk about than they were a few years ago, I think.
>>
>>29361481
I just finished my first year of college. I would probably volunteer, but I'm also working to help pay for school. I don't know if I could balance working, volunteering, and school
>>
>>29361598
That'd be herculean. You'll burn out, I promise you. But you know what, you're definitely not the only one who's afraid of mediocrity. Maybe there are endearing or qt girls who want just the same, feel just the same?

A lot of people hit college and go "woah" because it's such a big change, and their lives are no longer on this linear track. A lot of people get part way through it and feel like shit because they don't know if they'll chalk up to all they wanted to be.

What's got you here, posting right now? What's on your mind about all this?
>>
>>29361648
Fear, mostly. Even though I'm working, college is still costing me a lot of money. I want to go into law, but I'm not sure if I'm smart or savvy enough to make good connections and get into a proper law firm. I'm not even 100% sure if I want to go into law either, it seems like a risky stepping stone that I could easily slip on and get sucked under. I can absolutely see myself stuck paying off student loans my whole life and never accomplishing what I really want to do.

My inability to get a girlfriend serves as icing on the cake, which is why I posted this thread in the first place. I admire the simplicity and honesty of beauty but feel like relationships would interfere with my life, and that realization fills me with brief sadness.
>>
>>29361766
My cousin passed the bar like it was nothing, but ended up spending some years in New Orleans doing a bunch of random shit like fixing bikes for a living. He wanted to do marine law so he could help refugees, had a few stalled starts, and eventually ended up settling for something else. But he found something he could do, at least.

The thing is, I guess, that there are lots and lots of applications for law.

I dunno. To spit out another allegory: a friend got fucked up by a really manipulative girlfriend. She gaslit him and emotionally strung him along just so she could be in the relationship status. It fucked him up for a while. But he found some new work at a paint store after he quit working where she did. It was a curve ball, but a good one. He built himself up over a year and met this random nympho trhough an old friend. They bonded over weed and Stephen Universe and a bunch of stuff because he's just himself around people. She started poking him about dirty shit, and he decided he'd just go for it. He'd never had a meaningful relationship or much experience with girls outside the one. But he went with it, and ended up having more casual sex and affection than he knew what to do with. Those curve balls are everywhere, so being less rigid about your expectations might do you some good.

Hope these are in any way helpful.
>>
>>29361872
Honestly, it seems that even though you're still fairly young you've lived a lot more than other people on this board. I think you're right about the curve balls, I need to approach life with the right mindset, not a set of expectations.

Who knows, maybe I'll meet someone next year that I can really connect with. Life is long.
>>
>>29360175

I don't feel sad, I just feel emptiness knowing I never had and will never be loved.
>>
i'm scared and intimidated by good looking women, they're too perfect. they have perfect, super white teeth, perfect feet, perfectly skinny, perfect everything, visually, they look perfect.
the only way you don't get intimidated by that is by having a really structured, productive life where you can say things like, "yeah, i went to school, i did this, i went to college, i did this and that, saw France, traveled, did a little this, did a little that, worked here and there, blah blah".
if you fucking struggled in life and had your best friends commit suicide and dealt with poverty and single mom and crazy religious family, these women are going to intimidate you.
>>
>>29362006
Life is pretty unfair huh? It's awful that people can be beautiful and live blissful lives aside from it.
>>
File: 1465953068088.jpg (146 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465953068088.jpg
146 KB, 800x800
>>29360475
>Beautiful women do nothing for me, but girls with a nice smile or fluffy hair
fill me with the worst kind of joy.
Hits too close to home anon ;_;
>>
>>29361925
It really is. It's important to shed those expectations man. People go through legitimate identity crisises after they get out of college because they cling to the expectations so hard. And it's especially important not to view things through victimhood. We will anyways, it's kind of addictive, in that soothing motherly way that says it's all alright. But that erodes at your own agency.

Just promise me that you'll say "I'll try again tomorrow, maybe even something new" every evening. Keep track of the things you've tried. Don't lose perspective of what you've done, it's the easiest way to get depressed. Perspective is the most important thing in the world, I think. Keep it wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QoyTmeAYw

Night
>>
>>29362022
life would've been 5,000,000x better if my head wasn't filled with "women will love you for who you are" because no, they won't.
i needed to know from the beginning that all that matters in life in money.
instead i was filled full of false hope, thinking i could find some clever loophole.
most of us we straight up lied to growing up, straight white faced lies.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.