[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is depression even a thing? You'd think your brain would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1445982154640.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1445982154640.jpg
523 KB, 1920x1280
Why is depression even a thing? You'd think your brain would want to give itself a fucking chance to be successful by being happy, dynamic, sociable and so on.
>>
Who /depressed/ here tonight? How are you dealing with it.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>29360032
Thousands of years of inbreeding has caused our minds and bodies to deteriorate. Humans should just go extinct.
>>
>>29360032
humans are trash tier organisms
I get ingrown hairs all the time
>>
In caveman days, the depressed ones sat at home all day complaining about everything, while the regular folk were out getting killed from hunting wooly mammoths. Eventually it got so bad that the depressed ones outnumbered the non-depressed ones, so the depressed ones figured out that they could just put seeds in the ground and wait around doing nothing until food popped up. Eventually, the non-depressed people started growing in number again, because the depressed ones were too depressed to breed, but the depressed ones always held their ground, sitting around and complaining about everything while the others did all the work.

That's my theory, anyways.
>>
>>29360032
same reason some cars are lemons that break down all the time. Brains are complex things and some of them just don't work properly and never will.
>>
>>29360199
Im drinking a lot of modelo and wondering when the day will come when I can commit suicide without hesitation
>>
>>29360032
Honestly I've just accepted my fate as a perpetually sad human being.I'm good looking enough that I'll be able to find a girlfriend, I like to think that my personality is good enough that I'll be able to have a decent relationship, and so far my grades are good enough for me to be able to go to college either full ride or with a scholarship large enough that the costs won't really matter much once I get a job. I have a great relationship with my friends, and I love my family, but I just feel really empty inside. I don't have an excuse, my life doesn't even suck enough for me to have a reason for feeling like shit, but I just feel horrible. I know theres a shit ton of people that would kill to have the kind of life I have,with as much free time and as many opportunities as I have, but I honestly don't enjoy any of it, and knowing how shitty of a person I am for understanding what I have and still being unhappy just makes me feel worse.
>>
>>29361456
I assume I'm worse off than you but I still live comfortably and I feel the same way you do.
>>
>>29360032
your brain can't stop yourself from being a little bitch
>>
>>29360032
Always expecting the worst is also a survival trait. It let one of your beta ancestors score some roastie pussy when ancient Chad didn't come back from a mammoth hunt and ancient Stacy needed someone to provide for the Chadlets.
>>
File: 1455825256810.jpg (96 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455825256810.jpg
96 KB, 600x600
>>29361362
>Agriculture arose out of laziness and depression
>>
random chance is more powerful than even the origins of intelligence and once you are affected by random chance, your brain has to cope with it somehow.
random chance took 3 of my best friends 3 consecutive years one after another. three funerals 3 years in a row, what do you think that would do to someone subconsciously?

depression takes time, years.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.