[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reputable website to take a self-diagnosis for Depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 161 - nrPmjcr.jpg (16 KB, 169x167) Image search: [Google]
161 - nrPmjcr.jpg
16 KB, 169x167
Is there a reputable website to take a self-diagnosis for Depression?

I wanna see if I'm legit or just being a bitch but don't wanna get Tumblr levels of self diagnosis, so hoping to find a site that I could take a test on to see if I should ask a professional.

Also depression general I guess get in here sadbots
>>
File: 337062.png (112 KB, 317x317) Image search: [Google]
337062.png
112 KB, 317x317
See a doc, taking these tests wont change anything
>>
>>29360083
I don't know if its real though or just me being prissy.

Don't want the doc to laugh at me
>>
File: 9819-4d.png (138 KB, 1247x780) Image search: [Google]
9819-4d.png
138 KB, 1247x780
>>29360130
>doc
>laughing at patient
That wont happen
I just can tell you that if you feel emptiness, live in fear and nothing is interesting, you should visit a doc already
>>
>>29359870
ok here is the test for real depression and not le tumblrette feeling sad for attention:

>have you found everything (more) boring in the past 2 weeks or more?

literally what they use to diagnose people.

Personally I don't know how people aren't sure if they are 'depressed' cause when I was depressed (actually diagnosed haha) I got really dissociated and did pretty much nothing for a few months and kept thinking about killing myself.
>>
Why does my mood change so quickly and so often? One second I'm on top of the world, the next I can barely move. I want to stay in the middle, this is very tiring.
>>
>>29360408
I usually go through patches of a few days to two weeks or so where I just feel distant or detached from everything, not sad per-se, just empty.

Sometimes I'll feel like there isn't really a point to me trying to do much, just feels like I'm wasting my time or I'll tell myself "Who are you kidding" a lot
>>
File: universe_duck.png (2 MB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
universe_duck.png
2 MB, 1344x756
>>29359870
nope

see a therapist

multiple sessions preferably

sorry there isnt an easy answer, but if good diagnoses were easy we wouldnt need doctors
>>
>>29359870
Back in my day, we were conditioned out of believing that depression bearer any resemblance to a severe mental illness. As a result, I thought my childhood/adolescent symptoms were normal. Nothing beyond simple sadness/melancholy.

If you genuinely believe that you are depressed then you probably are, to some degree. Get help before it progresses. It can get a lot worse from here, to the point where you know with the utmost certain that you're in the depths of hell.
>>
Yes, the definition of depression or pretty much any mental illness is shaky
Yes, the way depression is officially diagnosed is a 5 question questionnaire that has things like "did you feel anxious in the past 6 weeks"

Yes, there are people who don't have depression who use depression as an excuse to not change themselves, and there are people with legitimate depression who similarly use it as an excuse.

The human mind and its illnesses are too complex to apply hard definitive labels to it. And its stupid of tumblrinas to try and make an identity out of it. But that shouldn't stop you from trying to sort your shit out.
>>
>>29360130
The guilt and shame you feel over whether or not you're depressed is a sign that something's up, sempai. So is you're self worth that you're worried about wasting somebody's time that you have literally paid for.

Give it a look. Honestly, even norms benefit from visits. In the mean time, why don't you talk about it?
>>
Go to a doctor you fucking retard.
Even if there was a online test, it's not going to treat you.
A doctor will.
>>
>>29360664
I don't feel that way all the time and in between slumps I feel rather content so I thought it might have just been regular bad days that I assume everyone gets.

I also very occasionally (Once every 2 or three months) breakdown and cry myself to sleep over a range of things, nothing in particular I can pinpoint though.

It worries me that I just want to be diagnosed so I have an excuse to not try and better myself though, a sorta "Oh woe is me it's not my fault" get out of jail free card I guess.
>>
>>29360733
Look, I've struggled with victimization. That same periodic depressive state haunts me, I'm in one now.

I think you're wrong. What you're doing now is "woe is me" because you're giving up on helping yourself on the chance that you might actually have nothing wrong with you.

Seeking help will only give you more options to tackle the problems in your life. It can only give you more perspective.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.